Value of: TOR-VGK Blockbuster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
That's a mind bogglingly horrible deal for Toronto. We don't even know if Vegas will collectively revert back into a pumpkin this year.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Zeke comes here assuming that just cause some players were exposed that means the team didn't think too highly of them.

what an insane, crazy assumption that being left exposed means the team doesn't think much of you.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
What a ****ing atrocity for the Knights.

Zaitsev and Hainsey are replacement level players.

The term "replacement players" is being used in a thread involving 4 players left exposed by their team last year, available for free, which makes sense.

except, bizarrely, the term is being used for the OTHER PLAYERS.

hfboards is an amazing place.

Reactions: Critical91

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
what an insane, crazy assumption that being left exposed means the team doesn't think much of you.

You know that some teams HAD to expose good players due to depth, right? I imagine the leafs will have this problem in the seattle expansion draft, since we all keep hearing about all these great additional prospects they just have sitting around, like Lievo, Bracco, etc.

Reactions: Pia8988

Super Hans

Stats Evangelist
Oct 9, 2016
"Vegas took that scrub Leipsic from us in the entry draft, every other player they took is pretty much equal lol"

Tavares to Marner

Dec 20, 2011
Hamilton
200w.gif

who in this proposal is worth trading a young 60 point winger?

I'm getting a loonie for a bunch of a quarters, rather put Nylander in an actual 1 for 1 swap

Tavares to Marner

Dec 20, 2011
Hamilton
This is absolutely atrocious for Vegas. Smith has a great year and is a big part of their top line, Nylander would be a marginal upgrade if one at all. They're also not trading their 3 best defensemen for an expiring 2nd pair defenseman, an expiring bottom pair defenseman, and a bottom pair defenseman signed to a terrible contract.

"Nylander is a marginal upgrade over Rielly Smith"

hfboards has peaked

Super Hans

Stats Evangelist
Oct 9, 2016
also Smith had 37 points the year before, not exactly young 60 point material
I was just pointing out that he's coming off 60 points. Should've made it obvious I wasn't comparing him to Nylander. Now that's out of the way, can we talk about Theodore, Schmidt and Miller "quarters" compared to your Canadian dollar?

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
This is a pretty classic quantity for quality proposal. IF you take out Nylander and its a sign and trade with Gardiner I think it makes more sense.

With Nylander this deal doesn't work. Vegas doesn't have any assets on his level (or near it) so they can't land a piece like Willy right now.
I'm at a loss... as a neutral fan this looks straight up bad for LV and now there is a Toronto fan saying to make this more even Toronto needs to take out the best piece they are giving up...

What on earth is going on here

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
I'm at a loss... as a neutral fan this looks straight up bad for LV and now there is a Toronto fan saying to make this more even Toronto needs to take out the best piece they are giving up...

What on earth is going on here
I'm a Leaf fan, I agree. Nylander is the best piece in the deal, but 4 of the next 5 best pieces are coming from Vegas. It's also the top half of Vegas' defense corps that's getting traded, I'm going to go way out on a limb and say that no team has ever traded their 3 best defensemen in one deal, especially one coming off a cup appearance

anyway, lots of bad takes from the Leafs side in this thread

SlapshotTheMovie

Jan 18, 2013
This deal makes no sense for either team but vegas is giving up a little more then they are getting. Their is a reason both fans bases think its a horrible deal.

SlapshotTheMovie

Jan 18, 2013
I'm a Leaf fan, I agree. Nylander is the best piece in the deal, but 4 of the next 5 best pieces are coming from Vegas. It's also the top half of Vegas' defense corps that's getting traded, I'm going to go way out on a limb and say that no team has ever traded their 3 best defensemen in one deal, especially one coming off a cup appearance

anyway, lots of bad takes from the Leafs side in this thread
We posted at the same time but you are 100% right.

Reactions: Randy Randerson

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
Hypothetically if Theodore was on Toronto and Nylander was on Vegas... leafs fans would probably be saying they wouldn’t trade Theodore for Nylander straight up or even if it was Nylander and smith for Theodore they would still probably say no
there ya have it is now settled

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad