Rumor: TOR to trade Zaitsev + Brown to OTT for Ceci (three more pieces involved. Zaitsev officially waives)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BM14

Dec 7, 2012
GTA
A Financial juggernaut......there is a cap....which the financial juggernaut supports to keep itself relatively competitive.
Extremely short sighted. Toronto has heavily invested in nutrition, analytics and training facilities in addition to having one of the largest scouting staffs in the league along. No cap on management and staff and we use it our advantage.

Reactions: 81Leafs50

blueberrie

Mar 23, 2010
So what? They didn't win and that's the ultimate goal. There's no second place trophy unless you're a millennial.

That says more about the boomers who couldn't handle that their little Timmy wasn't special and ran out to the nearest trophy store to buy 20 different participation medals.

Last edited:
Reactions: Menzinger

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
In all seriousness, wouldn’t be shocked if it’s something like Zaitsev + Brown for Ceci + Paul and a pick swap.

xxOCZMSxx

Jan 20, 2015
Something tells me we’re going to like the return. More pieces mean KD kept pushing for “one more piece” to offset the loss of two roster
players. Maybe a good AHL player who can be depth for Sens in return for 3rd & 6th.

OTT - Zaitsev, Brown, random “guy”
TOR - Ceci, 2020 6th, 2021 3rd

That’s my guess. I didn’t look up if they actually own these picks, I just guessed value.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Extremely short sighted. Toronto has heavily invested in nutrition, analytics and training facilities in addition to having one of the largest scouting staffs in the league along. No cap on management and staff and we use it our advantage.

Nutrition.....Judas priest.....

Marmoset

Apr 4, 2015
GTA
We'll see about the other pieces but I don't like trading Brown in this kind of deal.

But we gotta do what we gotta do.

Considering what many of us thought we'd have to give up to move the Zaitsev contract, if Brown is the only piece of significance involved then I think it's going to turn out as a solid trade for the Leafs.

Reactions: Kiwi and Menzinger

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
With us paying 3.5M of the 6.6M Zaitsev and Brown are owed this year, I could see us getting the edge in a pick swap.

The take back a Harpur or a Paul to match contract spots

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
As much as Brown could be frustrating offensively he was a trooper for the team. Wish him the best.

That said, Dubas looks to have cleared 6+ mil in long term salary. With minimal cost to the team

Reactions: Sypher04 and Kiwi

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Why? Brown is a black hole, he can only play a defensive role anyways and some of the 700k guys we just got can probably do just the same. Brown is a flop

All year: Brown sucks. Scratch Brown. Dump Brown.

Brown about to be traded: WHAT! HE HAS VALUE!”

I love Brownie. But he’s a 25-30 point bottom six player.

Kenny Agostino got 5 less points in 20 less games and we are signing him for 700K

LeafingTheWay

May 31, 2014
Kyle Dubas needs to watch Moneyball. Just because a player theoretically should be making Y dollars according to your formula doesn't mean you shouldn't be trying to get a deal (i.e. Look what the comparable players and contracts are and offer accordingly instead of going with your formula value). Dubas and his ridiculous contract evaluations are showing their effects across the NHL already with the contract demands we are hearing and seeing.

Kyle Dubas, the analytics fanatic, needs to watch Moneyball?

Something tells me he already has lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad