Rumor: TOR to trade Zaitsev + Brown to OTT for Ceci (three more pieces involved. Zaitsev officially waives)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
All year: Brown sucks. Scratch Brown. Dump Brown.

Brown about to be traded: WHAT! HE HAS VALUE!”

I love Brownie. But he’s a 25-30 point bottom six player.

Kenny Agostino got 5 less points in 20 less games and we are signing him for 700K

That's the thing.

If Brown was signed for a mil nobody would want him moved. 2 mil is just too much for that level of offense

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
All year: Brown sucks. Scratch Brown. Dump Brown.

Brown about to be traded: WHAT! HE HAS VALUE!”

I love Brownie. But he’s a 25-30 point bottom six player.

Kenny Agostino got 5 less points in 20 less games and we are signing him for 700K

Exactly. I am just shocked that people and other GMs still value him so highly. I think he is one of those players that is still living off "That year" and he'll fail to perform again this season and then his lack of value will be left apparent.

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto
I mostly thought Brown could get a decent pick in return, but I guess this is a better way to trade him.

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
Just to say goodbye to the Guys that are leaving:

Top Leafs xGF% REL in the playoffs the last two years:

1. Zaitsev (top 10 in the NHL, same level as Subban/Ovi/etc..)
2. Brown
3. Gards
4. Nylander (you may be next....)

Thanks for the memories boys.

Reactions: biotk

kfox

Dec 23, 2011
Zaitzev and Brown off the roster gives Dubas 12.1 cap space before signing Marner. if there's a top 4 D to be added where is the money coming from? Trade Kadri and you have no depth at center with an injury prone Matthews.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Just to say goodbye to the Guys that are leaving:

Top Leafs xGF% REL in the playoffs the last two years:

1. Zaitsev (top 10 in the NHL, same level as Subban/Ovi/etc..)
2. Brown
3. Gards
4. Nylander (you may be next....)

Thanks for the memories boys.

Yea, great memories of leading in some BS stat that does not mean anything.

Reactions: Auston 316

81Leafs50

May 14, 2010
Toronto
WOW you're right now that would be interesting!!!!!!!!!!

Clueless talk huh? You're definitely one to speak lol

So you are saying the Leafs have never done that before? Nathan Horton ring any bells? Robidas Island? Lupul?

Last edited by a moderator:

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
So you are saying the Leafs have never done that before? Nathan Horton ring any bells? Robidas Island? Lupul?

NOPE, I didn't think so. Cause you are probably to busy running the world on Fortnight. LMAO

Isn't the cap just added and then subtracted? I think it just leaves us where we were rather than it generating an imaginary bonus that allows us to spend beyond the actual cap.... lol

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
Yea, great memories of leading in some BS stat that does not mean anything.

Dumbing it down, just means that the run of play moved significantly in the Leafs favor with those guys on the ice in terms of shots/scoring chances etc.

It's not meaningless or the end all be all but fun to track. It's why all the big names are at the top most of the time.

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
Zaitzev and Brown off the roster gives Dubas 12.1 cap space before signing Marner. if there's a top 4 D to be added where is the money coming from? Trade Kadri and you have no depth at center with an injury prone Matthews.

Leafs would have roughly 17.5 mill prior to signing Marner/Ceci

diehardleafsfan9878

Mar 9, 2015

NOPE, I didn't think so. Cause you are probably to busy running the world on Fortnight. LMAO
LTIR players cap hit NEED to FIT under the cap before teams can use their LTIR cap savings. This would only create more problems and its something the Leafs should be looking to move. Trade Hortons contract to another team as this is the last year and he's being paid 1.7 million less than his actual cap hit.

WestCoastLeafs

I beleaf
Jun 10, 2013
I've tried to work out all sorts of scenarios where the Leafs trade him as soon as they get him, but it seems pretty doubtful. I guess they could sign him to a bonus-heavy short term deal (say 5M, with 4.3M of it coming as a bonus) and then flip him with Kadri for a defenceman and a cheaper 3C. But it seems more likely that they think he's a buy-low opportunity. The problem is that he seems to have "Franson-itis", where he keeps asking for contracts that are way more than he's worth. So my best guess is he's intended to be a stopgap until the D prospects are ready.

But he is two years away from UFA (I believe), and that second year of club control is really nice for a couple reasons. It creates the possibility of a "pump-and-dump" where they play him with Muzzin for a season and then trade him for an improved return, or they can just keep him for both years. Maybe Liljegren is ready next year and Sandin the year after that. Also, he'll be a UFA after that, but if he's had a couple good seasons, maybe Seattle signs him during their special UFA-courting period and we don't lose anyone else.

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost

Two words : Nick. Shore.

:sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad