Rumor: TOR to trade Zaitsev + Brown to OTT for Ceci (three more pieces involved. Zaitsev officially waives)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I bet the Leafs get a 2nd from the Sens but they throw a late round pick into the mix too... Sens add a C level prospect

I would be pretty happy if that's the case. Really hoping there's some tangible asset and I'd say a top 60 pick is pretty good. They have 6x2nd round picks in the next 2 drafts... so maybe.

Nick Paul would be a pretty good AHLer to add if we're talking C level prospect.

Reactions: BertCorbeau

BM14

Dec 7, 2012
GTA
Kinda sucks to lose Brown, frequently played over his head but he was a local kid, late round guy who overcame a lot to get here, and just easy to root for. ****in Sens too. Hate to see it.
As stated in the thread, I liked Brown Cow for the reasons you've mentioned.
He got to live his dream playing for his childhood hometown team and had a motor that didn't quit.

And now he has to play for Ottawa.

Life is cruel.

Hockey Crazy

Dec 30, 2008
It’s late, but I believe we’ll have 12.1M in cap space, with Marner, and Ceci to sign. With Horton on LTIR, we can technically spend, 17.4M.
So assuming we're able to walk from ceci and sign marner at 10, its 7-8 left for D depending on the roster size we go with

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Kinda sucks to lose Brown, frequently played over his head but he was a local kid, late round guy who overcame a lot to get here, and just easy to root for. ****in Sens too. Hate to see it.
He was easy to root for but for the love of goodness he couldn’t handle the puck last year.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
If we give a good prospect or picks in the trade I swear I’m gonna throw up...

Seems unlikely considering we're giving up a solid asset in Brown. The only "prospect" I can see added is Timashov or Borgman. I don't see how the Leafs give up a top 90 pick on top of Brown.

kfox

Dec 23, 2011
it must be Leafs brass making this deal public....to put pressure on Ottawa to follow thru?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad