Rumor: TOR to trade Zaitsev + Brown to OTT for Ceci (three more pieces involved. Zaitsev officially waives)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
Is Ceci arbitration eligible? If not Dubas can play hard ball and if Ceci doesnt want to sign him sitting out a year effectively clears 4.5 mill long term.

Also the big win here would be obviously not committing for as long a term if this deal goes through.

Reactions: Kiwi

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Ceci sucks based on production, advanced stats and watching him, along with league wide rep. If a player has arbitration rights can the team choose to walk away from arbitrators decision and let that guy become a UFA.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Ceci sucks based on production, advanced stats and watching him, along with league wide rep. If a player has arbitration rights can the team choose to walk away from arbitrators decision and let that guy become a UFA.

IIRC if the award is 4.4M or higher, they can walk away.

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto

Only if he's awarded 4.5+

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Ceci? So basically an overpaid guy with term for an arbitration guy who's gonna be overpaid for 1 year that we might get the option to walk away from if he's really overpaid?

I mean Zaitsev for nothing after we walk away from Ceci's award might be fine, but then what?

dubey

$$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$ 69 in 79 $$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$
Oct 22, 2006
In your head
Ceci? So basically an overpaid guy with term for an arbitration guy who's gonna be overpaid for 1 year that we might get the option to walk away from if he's really overpaid?

I mean Zaitsev for nothing after we walk away from Ceci's award might be fine, but then what?
Put me in coach!

Probably a trade (I hope) after the Leafs decline whatever Ceci is awarded in arbitration and let him walk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad