Rumor: TOR to trade Zaitsev + Brown to OTT for Ceci (three more pieces involved. Zaitsev officially waives)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
So what? They didn't win and that's the ultimate goal. There's no second place trophy unless you're a millennial.

At least they’ve been competitive. Got to give them that.

The Leafs claim to fame is they won a draft lottery. Granted they are real close to screwing that up.

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
Sooo...we lose this trade because they get Brown too.

Ceci for Zaitsev is not bad, but TOR adding Brown does not make this a wash.

I don't think I'll miss Brown much. He was ok, but there are a lot of Browns in the NHL. Many that are paid less.

I must say though, out PK took her another hit.
Our PK was quite bad to end the season and a train wreck in the playoffs. Brown is nothing

kfox

Dec 23, 2011
20 mins a night on a 100pt team. Babcock loves Zaitsev.

Babcock must be freakin facing the losses of Gardiner, Hainsy and Zaitzev.

Dubas omitted a few words...."we can and we will....and we'll be worse off for it"

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
What if ceci gets an arbritration award less than 4.4mil? What then?

We need 2 RHD that can play big minutes.

Just make him one that was cheaper than Zaitsev.
Zaitsev is a 4/5 with 5 years left on his deal. He may fit your cap fine, but not ours.

He played 2/3 QoC with near 40%ozs and was still basically 50/50 across the board on the analytics. He certainly wasnt a 5.

Hes a solid defensive 4 whose personal offensive numbers disappointed and hes not a Dubas guy, plus he wanted out.

He wasnt going to get that much.

BM14

Dec 7, 2012
GTA
At least they’ve been competitive. Got to give them that.

The Leafs claim to fame is they won a draft lottery. Granted they are real close to screwing that up.
The Leafs claims to fame is being a financial juggernaut with power in the BoG who also happen to have an elite group of talented young forwards, 1 stud C that was signed as the biggest UFA in 15 years, 1 stud youngish D and their best goalie they've had in the last 15 years.

Only losers look backwards and quote past accomplishments. Ottawa would trade franchises with us today in a heartbeat.

Reactions: Marner to Matthews

81Leafs50

May 14, 2010
Toronto
Ceci played the second most minutes on an Ottawa team that got 98 points, and made it to the Conference finals. Second most minutes, behind Karlsson, while taking most of the toughest matchups - including going up against Bergeron in a series that Ottawa actually won - at age 23.

Also FACTS.

81Leafs50

May 14, 2010
Toronto
Z led the Leafs with 11 playoff turnovers. I was calling him the Baker with all those turnovers...

and yet you sit at home having done nothing significant meanwhile he's playing against the highest competition in the NHL. I'm sure Lou Lamoreillo knows a little more than you do when it comes to assessing talent at the NHL level.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
The Leafs claims to fame is being a financial juggernaut with power in the BoG who also happen to have an elite group of talented young forwards, 1 stud C that was signed as the biggest UFA in 15 years, 1 stud youngish D and their best goalie they've had in the last 15 years.

Only losers look backwards and quote past accomplishments. Ottawa would trade franchises with us today in a heartbeat.

A Financial juggernaut......there is a cap....which the financial juggernaut supports to keep itself relatively competitive.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Thank goodness Brown is included, that there is fools gold. I love that Dubas is getting rid of the bad Babcock pets lol, all of them like he should have done last year when HFBoards was ANGRY TYPING about the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad