Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
Our RW side is currently:
Nylander
Marner
Kapanen
Brown

If a good deal for a RHD is available with Brown, I’d strongly consider it.
We’d have Grundstrom who can play both wings and Ennis who can play both wings on the 4th line. And Leivo is in there as well.
I’d even consider signing Maroon if we can get a 1 year deal.
Then we could go:

Maroon/Marleau
Hyman
Marleau/Maroon
Johnsson
I'm not one of the ones that think our defense is in desperate need of an upgrade. I do think we need another top 4 but I wouldn't want to force anything.
I also think Tavares makes our defense better as we now have 3 solid 2 way centre's that will help down low.
That said if we could upgrade for that cost I'm in.

Crysis

Jun 28, 2015
I'm not one of the ones that think our defense is in desperate need of an upgrade. I do think we need another top 4 but I wouldn't want to force anything.
I also think Tavares makes our defense better as we now have 3 solid 2 way centre's that will help down low.
Losing Brown hurts our team d quite a bit.

Reactions: IBeL34f

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
The cost would have to be a solid, reliable long term RHD. Like a Pysyk level as an example.

IBeL34f

Lilly-grin
Jun 3, 2010
Toronto
Hyman Tavares Marner
Marleau Matthews Nylander
Johnsson Kadri Kapanen
Ennis Lindholm Jooris
Leivo

Rielly Spurgeon
Dermott Zaitsev
Rosen Carrick
Borgman Holl

Andersen
Pickard

Sparks Brown Gardiner to Minny
I'd be happy with all of this.

(I would like a 3rd or something coming back with Spurgeon if we're including Brown, though. And if I'm splitting hairs, I think I'd rather trade Pickard than Sparks, who I think has earned a shot with us. But as a base structure, I'm cool with it.)

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
The cost would have to be a solid, reliable long term RHD. Like a Pysyk level as an example.
I'm comfortable with that but I would also wait to see what we have in Ozi. I remember seeing a graph on him a couple years ago and I think if he translates well he could add some strength on the backend.
I like the slow methodical approach

moon111

Oct 18, 2014
Ennis 2008 BUF, 1st rd, 26th pk (26th overall) 258 career points.
v.s.
Kadri 2009 TOR, 1st rd, 7th pk (7th overall) 313 career points.

2009-10 Ennis: 9 pts.(21st) Kadri: 0 pts (33rd)
2010-11 Ennis: 49 pts. (4th) Kadri: 12 pts. (16th)
2011-12 Ennis: 34 pts. (5th) Kadri: 7 pts. (18th)
2012-13 Ennis: 31 pts. (3rd) Kadri 44 pts. (2nd)
2013-14 Ennis: 43 pts. (2nd) Kadri 50 pts. (3rd)
2014-15 Ennis: 46 pts. (1st) Kadri 39 pts. (4th)
2015-16 Ennis: 11 pts. (18th) Kadri 45 pts. (1st)
2016-17 Ennis: 13 pts. (13th) Kadri 61 pts. (3rd)
2017-18 Ennis: 22 pts. (14th) Kadri 55 pts. (4th)

Ennis has gone from leading an NHL team in scoring (okay it was Buffalo, not the greatest feat) to getting Moore-like ice-time.
He might of been given opportunities he wouldn't of had elsewhere, but he also might of found himself with better teammates
as well. I make this comparison to Kadri to just high-light where he's been. (And without Bozak, feel the need to start another
controversial comparison that never goes away. Found it always ironic I thought Kadri and Bozak would of made perfect
line-mates.) I have a feeling that Ennis would be a bad fit in a Minnesota system. But on the Leafs? Ennis plays LW and
could be the answer to setting up Kadri.

Reactions: iSophagus

JadedLeaf

Nov 14, 2007
Saskatchewan
And rumours before was that free agents wouldn't come to TO because of Mike. So according to some the vets did not want to play for him.
Some vets having a problem with Babs isn't made up though. It's been well documented that some guys did NOT like babcock. Whether or not that reason is legit, I don't know but there's at least one guy the Leafs had a conversation with/about that didn't want to come to the Leafs because of Babs.... He probably regrets that now though.

Not everybody is a Tavares or a Marleau or other guys like that that WANT to be pushed to be better. Winning sure as hell helps the Leafs cause though now compared to a few seasons ago.

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
He will end up on the Marlies or up in the box where Levio used to watch the games from ...

pulfordfan

Sep 28, 2017
Rjukan Norway
Some vets having a problem with Babs isn't made up though. It's been well documented that some guys did NOT like babcock. Whether or not that reason is legit, I don't know but there's at least one guy the Leafs had a conversation with/about that didn't want to come to the Leafs because of Babs.... He probably regrets that now though.

Not everybody is a Tavares or a Marleau or other guys like that that WANT to be pushed to be better. Winning sure as hell helps the Leafs cause though now compared to a few seasons ago.

Correct thanks for making my point.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Why do people love leivo. Last yr he did nothing with his chances. Ennis 22pts which isnt great but if you get that from a 4th liner it is. The kid is scary fast huge heart..I'd almost sure bet him to make it out of camp 4th line winger

I really had the Leivo train leave the station for me a long tome ago. I hope they trade him for a pick or prospect playing in Europe or something.

He's like a dark cloud presence for me. Yime to chase some sunshine mon.

Darcy Tucker

My Name is Bob
Mar 23, 2008
Vaughan, Ontario
I really had the Leivo train leave the station for me a long tome ago. I hope they trade him for a pick or prospect playing in Europe or something.

He's like a dark cloud presence for me. Yime to chase some sunshine mon.

Leivo should just go to the KHL and make more money and get more playing time.

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010

Who? Filppula? I’m glad we didn’t get saddled with him.

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
Agreed but I do give Grundstrum a dark horse chance. If his off season goes well he might make a big step.
I do like the cheap versatile players. One thing I think is we are becoming tougher to play against.
Yeah, that’s fair. He’s been boss on the Marlies.
And am sure he’d be fine, but there’s so many good bodies ahead of him...and no rush.
Ideally, I’m hoping no young wingers get traded soon....but, it’s looking more and more like a possibility.

Reactions: saltming

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
highly skilled guy that maybe is willing to change his game and become a premier 3rd-4th line defensive player with offensive ability. Babcock has a history of relying heavily on certain reclamation type players who work hard for him, and he can rely on. Really like this signing.

Is Ennis historically a good defensive player?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad