Confirmed with Link: TOR signs Tyler Ennis [1 x 650K]

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Depth forward I guess. Maybe competes with Cracknell for the 14th job.

The only thing is that this creates a log jam at forward on the Marlies then. Unless Dzierkals is not sticking around or there is a trade.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I guess my rumour was true after all.

Low risk medium reward signing. Provides LW depth. Ennis suffered a lot of tough injuries in the last few years.

It gives them options. Really nothing to hate about this because if Ennis bounces back, which isn't impossible, it gives us a really good middle line winger that is super fast and skilled.

Mckay

I find your lack of gravy disturbing.
Mar 5, 2014
Canada
Zero risk with that kind of money. Good signing for depth at worst.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Playmaking centre/winger?

Incoming Nylander trade :sarcasm:

Surprising signing as it doesn’t really fit a need, but it could help the Marlies centre depth issues I suppose!

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Curious if the Leafs were ever under negotiation with the Wild before he was bought out.

Anyways, low risk depth signing

jaric1862

Jan 14, 2014
He’ll be the 14th forward. I think Grundström and Leivo will battle it out for the 4th line left wing spot. If Grundström wins it, Leivo gets dealt.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Playmaking centre/winger?

Incoming Nylander trade :sarcasm:

Surprising signing as it doesn’t really fit a need, but it could help the Marlies centre depth issues I suppose!

He's not really a center. At least not in the NHL. I guess he might be able to be one in the AHL, but it was not really a desperate need unless they do not like Ferguson. Cracknell could also be a center in the AHL probably. Really it means that one of Ferguson or Dzierkals will be taken out of the top 12 for the Marlies, or there will be a trade.

mix1home

Sep 29, 2009
Toronto,ON
I don’t like this signing. Another small winger, who has suffered a lot of injuries and probably broken down at this moment. His production suffered as result.
He was bought out by wild. I don’t see how he can help us defensively either. I don’t believe this particular reclamation project has any chance for success, sorry.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Legit solid add.

He's not the player he used to be, but the last couple of years he's held his own against 3rd line competition, which is pretty sweet for a guy who will be battling for a 4th line spot - and a lot more than many fairly big-money free agents of this week can say.

Unfortunately, he doesn't really play center anymore.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Cool. Either way hes playing for the marlies. We have several better wingers

He'll have a shot at the 3rd/4th line winger spots. Very likely on the Marlies if he plays like last season.

Low risk medium reward as I said.

Guy Boucher

Oct 22, 2008
He was so good for that couple of years in Buffalo. I'd always be impressed watching him...then he just fell apart.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Fine enough idea at that cap hit and more competition for the minimal available spots at least. Good move.

ryno23

Feb 5, 2010
good signing. IF he can stay healthy a bottom 6 forward with skills and speed. Worse case he is waived after camp and if not claimed goes to the Marlies with nothing against the cap.

Forces some Marlie guys to earn their job with the leafs vs just being handed it.

Reactions: Ricky Bobby

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad