Confirmed with Link: TOR signs LD Mikko Lehtonen

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
So if Lehtonen takes one of our LHD spots
and Reilly and Muzz take the other 2 spots
that leaves Dermott and Sandin on the right side, 7th D or minors.

LHD too rich if Lehtonen is a player.

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
So if Lehtonen takes one of our LHD spots
and Reilly and Muzz take the other 2 spots
that leaves Dermott and Sandin on the right side, 7th D or minors.

LHD too rich if Lehtonen is a player.
I think he's played full seasons as RHD from what I've read. Not to say he can do that in the NHL. Just what I have read.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Could have 2 more assists, created 2 scoring chances in the 2nd, but his team mates couldn't score
(1 cross the ice pass to a forward, but Jensen couldn't score that time)

IrishInOntario

May 18, 2013
I think Toronto has found a legit player in Lehtonen. Excellent third pairing and second powerplay potential, IMO, especially if he's insulated by a Radko Gudas type that plays a simple game.

Some on here probably don't want to hear it, but should he stay on the left side, I wouldn't be shocked if he plays over Sandin this year. That said, if he's legitimately NHL level comfortable on the right side (which I doubt), it would be nice to get him and Sandin both in the lineup... Both scenarios assume that Dermott is traded in order to help acquire a top 4 RHD, or a cost effective forward to replace Johnsson / Kerfoot of they're involved in a trade for a top 4 RHD.

Reactions: lovemyleafs

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
I think Toronto has found a legit player in Lehtonen. Excellent third pairing and second powerplay potential, IMO, especially if he's insulated by a Radko Gudas type that plays a simple game.

Some on here probably don't want to hear it, but should he stay on the left side, I wouldn't be shocked if he plays over Sandin this year. That said, if he's legitimately NHL level comfortable on the right side (which I doubt), it would be nice to get him and Sandin both in the lineup... Both scenarios assume that Dermott is traded in order to help acquire a top 4 RHD, or a cost effective forward to replace Johnsson / Kerfoot of they're involved in a trade for a top 4 RHD.

????. Either 1st or 2nd pair d-man for Toronto, trust me, he is that good.

Reactions: lovemyleafs

LeafParade

Jun 27, 2019
I feel the league should suspend Lehtonen. It is just not fair for the other team.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
He would be such a big boost for the Leafs paper thin blueline next season, if he can step in and make a good transition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad