Confirmed with Link: TOR signs LD Mikko Lehtonen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
It's one of the reasons. They simply were unable to move the puck efficiently to the forwards or keep any cycle going in the offensive zone. Asking Holl to replace injured Barrie offensively wasn't realistic.

Holl has very good possession zone exit % stats.

Holl’s role isn’t offense. His role is to play with Muzzin and keep the puck out of our net against top competition, and that pairing was able to do so. I really don’t get the hate for Justin Holl. Is Muzzin the leader of that pairing? Yes. Does Holl compliment Muzzin very well? Also yes.

As for Dermott, he does a good job in a third pairing role. I’m not sure what role we have for him moving forward. Seems like someone that makes sense to use in a trade.

Trying to say Dermott and Holl are AHL players is very silly. If you have the opinion that they are bottom pairing players, that’s fine.

Trying to say they aren’t NHL players is objectively wrong.

RoadWarrior

Mar 4, 2002
In a van down by the river
Visit site
Holl has very good possession zone exit % stats.

Holl’s role isn’t offense. His role is to play with Muzzin and keep the puck out of our net against top competition, and that pairing was able to do so. I really don’t get the hate for Justin Holl. Is Muzzin the leader of that pairing? Yes. Does Holl compliment Muzzin very well? Also yes.

As for Dermott, he does a good job in a third pairing role. I’m not sure what role we have for him moving forward. Seems like someone that makes sense to use in a trade.

Trying to say Dermott and Holl are AHL players is very silly. If you have the opinion that they are bottom pairing players, that’s fine.

Trying to say they aren’t NHL players is objectively wrong.

I said they were slightly above AHL level - bottom pairing D men. If traded they would be a 5 to 7 on another team just like Jake Gardiner.

43Kadri43

Jun 15, 2017
I said they were slightly above AHL level - bottom pairing D men. If traded they would be a 5 to 7 on another team just like Jake Gardiner.

It’s not worth the response, but it’s cute that you think a pre-injury Gardiner was anything less than a #3 (his back has seemingly killed his career, or at least his effectiveness), and it’s equally cute that you believe Holl isn’t a capable #4. Hell, to suggest Dermott is anything less than a #5 is also pretty damn cute.

RoadWarrior

Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
It’s not worth the response, but it’s cute that you think a pre-injury Gardiner was anything less than a #3 (his back has seemingly killed his career, or at least his effectiveness), and it’s equally cute that you believe Holl isn’t a capable #4. Hell, to suggest Dermott is anything less than a #5 is also pretty damn cute.

Well it's a good thing you aren't running a hockey team because Gardiner at even strength was always a liability. He was a winger masquerading as a defenseman.

43Kadri43

Jun 15, 2017
Well it's a good thing you aren't running a hockey team because Gardiner at even strength was always a liability. He was a winger masquerading as a defenseman.

Gardiner at even-strength was a liability? Are you serious? You know you wrote even-strength, right? Not special teams? You wrote even-strength. You wrote Jake Gardiner was a liability at even-strength. Jake Gardiner. At even-strength. Liability.

I just can’t with this f***ing site anymore.

Green Snow Storm

Jul 22, 2009
Canada
Gardiner at even-strength was a liability? Are you serious? You know you wrote even-strength, right? Not special teams? You wrote even-strength. You wrote Jake Gardiner was a liability at even-strength. Jake Gardiner. At even-strength. Liability.

When he made a mistake, boy did he make a mistake and it usually ended up in the back on the net or a grade A+ scoring chance, but yeah I wouldn't say he was a liability, but good luck getting some people to buy that here after the way he's played in some key situations for the Leafs.

RoadWarrior

Mar 4, 2002
Visit site

Gaslighting are we?

What I can say is that Lehtonen will be an improvement on Barrie or Ceci.... and yes even man-god Jake Gardiner.

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto

Gardiner was the worst defender in the NHL for 1 play per game. It was insane how often he had costly brain farts considering how well he played 99% of the time.

Reactions: Bluelines

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010

Was Gardiner left off the playoff roster for Carolina this playoffs? Didn't even notice him.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad