Confirmed with Link: TOR signs LD Mikko Lehtonen

Status
Not open for further replies.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Only agreement I have is maybe he has potential to be the 2nd best blue liner if he puts it all together and starts producing some more points.

He hasn’t reached that yet... and is still very far away from Rielly and Muzzin in being reliable in all situations.
Yes and he might not develop into a pts type defender either ... he may develop into a defender over next 3-4 years with right development program where he becomes your shutdown guy ... he has da skills ... he needs a vet presence to teach him da finer details of defense which is why Muzzy or a Gudas would be great for him

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
Hopefully he shows that last season was his standard level of play and not an aberration.
I saw Lehtonen years ago in the SHL and he was at a completely different level. No idea why it took so long for him to be signed by an NHL team. He was good in the playoffs which is usually the best test for NHL-readiness since the game gets so much faster.

He's not Rielly level but plays a very solid two way game with the occasional moment of extreme brilliance.

kb

Aug 28, 2009
Until the Leafs actually go and get a couple of depth defensemen with that 6'4" frame, I think you'll see Marincin hang around for a while yet.
I should probably avoid sharp objects after reading this.

Gotta say, it's nice to see Lehtonen get his team's opening goal, plus Korshkov with the 2G + 1A in his opener.

Reactions: teddygmr

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
Until the Leafs actually go and get a couple of depth defensemen with that 6'4" frame, I think you'll see Marincin hang around for a while yet.
I hope not. He'd be the 8th D going into next year and that's if we don't make any upgrades.

Rielly-Dermott/Lehtonen
Muzzin-Holl
Sandin-Liljegren
Marincin/Rosen

If we upgrade at all Marincin is bumped off the roster.

Reactions: JT AM da real deal

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017
The KHL has better stat-tracking than the NHL.

Do you really want to see more of these kinds of stats?

Seems like a good way for Sportsnet to hype up bad players who can skate fast.

93WrapAround

Jul 4, 2018
I hope not. He'd be the 8th D going into next year and that's if we don't make any upgrades.

Rielly-Dermott/Lehtonen
Muzzin-Holl
Sandin-Liljegren
Marincin/Rosen

If we upgrade at all Marincin is bumped off the roster.

I will be sick if I have to see either Holl or Marincin log m(any) minutes next year.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
The distance traveled and km/h stats are useless, but the pass completion percentage is useful.
It'd be interesting to see some of them, especially if they were more quantifiable, but not sure how "useful"

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
22 mph is like 35 km/h. Don’t most mcdavid clips have him going at 37-39 km
Apparently McDavid has been tracked at 25 mph/40 km. so he's not McDavid, but he should be an above average skater. NHL skating is mostly about agility and short bursts than just fast straight line skating though

Reactions: Dekes For Days

LeafParade

Jun 27, 2019
Next person who posts next year's lineup without this guy in the starting lineup is going on my ignore list.
He is clearly NHL quality, the question is what level.

It will be an interesting training camp because there is basically an unofficial competition between Dermott and Lehtonen to see who can play RHD better.

If they get a good RHD, then we are looking at a 6 of Reilly, X, Muzzin, Dermott, Lehtonen, Holl.
The Swedes will start in the minors unless one of them can outplay Holl for a bottom pairing position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad