Confirmed with Link: TOR re-sign Joey Anderson [3 years, 750K AAV]

Nooodles

May 7, 2010
Geszteréd
Not only Pridham, but I've never heard of it happening before, which suggests it's not common knowledge.

@mouser Do you know of any previous partial two-way contracts?

Pridham is an absolute genious. After the first day of free agency someone asked Dubas about him and Kyle just simply burst out laughing, saying he would never be here without him and he calls him 6 times a day. His reaction was so honest.

I like Dubas and what he did this offseason, but I think the magic is all Pridham and people should give more credit to the guy.

His knowledge of the cap system and the whole CBA (he basically wrote half of it) is so important to this franchise.

613Leafer

May 26, 2008
Can't complain about that one.

Worst case scenario, MLSE spends slightly more money than they'd like to in year 3 for an AHL player, but with zero impact on salary cap.

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
That's a pretty filthy little contract. He could produce as soon as right away and he's not getting a raise for 3 years. Creative deal for an interesting prospect.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
This guy can play. Could be the 3rd 4th line player that can score. Not sure he is very physically hard to play. Goes to the net.

Last edited:

cipher

Jun 24, 2016
Great deal, other than the Hutch deal Dubas has had a great offseason.

It's actually another great move by Dubas and the team. Hutch was signed because of the upcoming expansion draft. He will offer protection to our goalie position in the Seattle draft.

Reactions: Morgs

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
Leafs have decided to load up on cheap contracts while the market is the greatest buyers market in post NHL union history.

Depth is important, as is the competition for jobs and ice time. Nobody should feel comfortable coasting next season. This is an important element that has been missing the last couple of years.

Reactions: hockeywiz542

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Man if this guy takes a typical developmental step and becomes a solid bottom sixer for us this is a great deal.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Man if this guy takes a typical developmental step and becomes a solid bottom sixer for us this is a great deal.

I think he's got the skills, to become a more skilled version of Hyman... Just a gut feeling, from what I've read about him... maybe he reaches that potential, maybe not.

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
Holy moly! 3 years at that price!!?? How did Dubas manage that?? This could be a massive steal.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Great deal for an unheralded guy that could surprise a lot of people in the next few years.

Nylander88

Aug 13, 2016
Ontario
Great deal by Dubas. Camp competition this year. If he falls short, it's a year in our system/structure and maybe a full time gig the following season. Which would give us two years on the cheap. Definitely could be a call up candidate this year though

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011
Still waiver exempt, so he’ll be with the Marlies this year.

However next year and the year after at 750K will be pretty key

At his cap hit, having PK experience, and being waiver exempt, he's a prime candidate to sit by default on the rest day roster and travel with the club as #13 on road trips.

TheScandal89

Jun 26, 2016
Great deal. Years 2 and 3 is when I hope he becomes a full time nhler. If he somehow finds his way to the team this year, thatd be great too.

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
Great deal. Years 2 and 3 is when I hope he becomes a full time nhler. If he somehow finds his way to the team this year, thatd be great too.
Pretty sure he will be in the NHL if there even two injuries.

Kerfoot Matthews Marner
Mikheyev Tavares Nylander
Robertson Thornton Hyman
Vesey Spezza Simmonds
Barabanov Anderson

Reactions: TheScandal89

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
I wish I could see this guy play before I can say that this is a great deal.

Will he be a regular on our 4th line?

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
Impossible to complain about this. Cost certainty on a potentially good complimentary player.
Him, NickRob, Hallander and Abramov all on elc$ deals through 22-23. 3 of whom are very good bets to be regulars for 21-22, 2 maybe before.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad