Confirmed with Link: TOR Picks up Frazer McLaren off Waivers

contour

Mar 31, 2011
You know your team is in rough shape when you're lamenting the loss of Joey Crabb.

Aside from having one of the best names on the Leafs roster, Crabb was much more effective than these goons. There was good reason why Crabb was put out in the final minutes to close games out.

orcatown

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Real tough - good pick up. Have a younger guy to fill Orr's position and Orr now becomes trade bait

From a Vancouver perspective glad to see SJ not able to retain him b/c he gave them some depth in toughness. More Clowe has to fight and get a potential injury, the better.

Nonis is pretty good at using the waiver wire.

You Like Boyce

Mar 7, 2011
Aside from having one of the best names on the Leafs roster, Crabb was much more effective than these goons. There was good reason why Crabb was put out in the final minutes to close games out.

Again I think our expectations are low around here. Regardless, I don't want to derail this thread any more. It's about a minor waiver claim and not about someone no longer on our roster.

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
You know your team is in rough shape when you're lamenting the loss of Joey Crabb.

I like adding McLaren. I doubt many, if any, on here have seen him play in the dub or with the baby Sharks apart from the usual mad rushes to hockeydb and youtube. He's not a game breaker but he's insurance and by all accounts a great locker room guy.

As has been pointed out numerous times, we couldn't have got Boychuk because Pitt is lower in the standings than us due to ROW. It's funny that people see his draft status and assume he's some diamond in the rough like Grabner or Moulson. If he hasn't been able to stick with the Canes over the last few years then it doesn't bode well for success on a fellow bottom feeder like the Leafs

I watched him play in the dub on a very bad Winterhawks team...There was nothing wrong with Crabb he is a whole lot better then Steckel.....but not a difference maker at all.

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
Good! Another big time enforcer who can rough up teams and allow Orr to sit out when he's tired or fought too often. Great depth move by Nonis.

birddog*

A big guy who doesn't skate at the NHL level, I think staff are feeding us crowd pleaser guys to hide the fact we aren't overly good. And it works! I love the fights

Well we'll probably lose against Boston but at least we won't get beat up as well. Orr, Brown, McClaren, Fraser, Komi....should be enough there to stand up to the Bruins in the fight department.

Parkdale

Jan 14, 2013
Toronto
Should note that Carlyle saw this player a bit when he was coaching in Anaheim. For sure, he had input in the decision to put in a waiver claim. So there may be more to this player than what he has shown so far.

MapleLeafGardens*

Just play the goons then on the 1st line or 20 minutes a game and suck for MacKinnon!

:leafsWe are Leafs Nation!!:leafs

Goonfinalposter.jpg

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Honestly I think this is all about the Bruins game.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a 4th line of McClaren - Steckel - Orr and a bottom pair of Fraser - Komisarek on saturday.

AddMan3001

Don't poke the bear!
Sep 16, 2007
Cambridge, ON
People bashing Crabb and the guy is playing with Ovechkin. LOL!

Yes. He's playing with a superstar who is under performing by an extreme margin, on a team that is under performing by an extreme margin. Not exactly a glowing review.

And there's nothing wrong with some insurance. Our 4th line guys are already proving to be a bit more fragile than we'd like.

Once

Stop ******* crying bro
Jul 16, 2010
Every year there is one guy or two; mostly one that I just can't stand to watch. Last year was Crabb. He was good in the final minutes when up a goal or two, but other than that I found he was utterly useless. Pretty ****** on the PK I found he had bad reaction.
Anyway, I was gone all summer so I didn't keep up to date with the exit of mediocre players...but whatever happened to Rosehill and where is he today?

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
I'll bet they start giving Orr the night off the next game after a fight. Hard to be a fighter on a condensed schedule.

That's the beauty of our fourth line. We have two capable centres in McClement and Steckel and 3 capable fighters who can play to boot in Brown, Orr and McLaren. We'll always have a man who can win draws, and two that can toss the mits

p.l.f.

use the force
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, CANADA
I guess you don't watch Leaf games eh.

just the fear of orr getting clocked there looks pretty scary
looks like tie domi fighting probert
colton doesnt have to fight all the heaveyweights if mclaren is out there with him
i bet he'd be thankful for it

skacore

Nov 7, 2010
just the fear of orr getting clocked there looks pretty scary
looks like tie domi fighting probert
colton doesnt have to fight all the heaveyweights if mclaren is out there with him
i bet he'd be thankful for it

Uggggh... no.

McLaren against Scott would be dangerous... Orr is supposed to fight those big guys, Orr's a top 3 fighter in the league haha. They didn't get McLaren to cover for Orr, he'll take Brown's spot and fight team's #2 guys.

p.l.f.

use the force
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, CANADA
Uggggh... no.

McLaren against Scott would be dangerous... Orr is supposed to fight those big guys, Orr's a top 3 fighter in the league haha. They didn't get McLaren to cover for Orr, he'll take Brown's spot and fight team's #2 guys.

you're totally wrong
orr's coming off concusion syndrome and shouldnt be forced to fight heavyweights every friggin night

lets compare:

orr 6'3 220
mclaren 6'5 250
brown 5'11 205

scott 6'8 270

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad