TOR claims Frazer McLaren from SJ.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=73488

LW
25 years old
6'5" 250lbs
6 PTS
40 GP

The Hockey News said:
Assets: Uses his massive frame to be an intimidating presence on the ice. Has the ability to play more minutes than the average enforcer, especially at lower levels.

Flaws: Is not talented enough to see top-six forward minutes as a power forward, so he must improve his defensive-zone coverage in order to become an NHL regular.

Career Potential: Enforcer with a little upside.

Last edited:

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
Zach Boychuk is one of those guys that are a bubble 3rd liner. He'll play in Pittsburgh because they like those type of players, but if you would rather have him than Frattin, then that's the choice you have to make.

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
With Brown injured for the next week maybe it's insurance and competition for the 4th line? Be tough or get out of the line up? Anyone know if he's quick or not?

exporta

Jul 30, 2005
Marlies help?

My understanding is that he has to be placed on waivers again if we want him on the Marlies. I could be wrong.

I don't know much about him, but I believe he fights and grinds. Could be a move to add some toughness to the line up with Brown injured and our depth depleting with injuries.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
My understanding is that he has to be placed on waivers again if we want him on the Marlies. I could be wrong.

I don't know much about him, but I believe he fights and grinds. Could be a move to add some toughness to the line up with Brown injured and our depth depleting with injuries.

Yea, he'll have to clear waivers, but if he gets claimed again, who cares?

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
I think this is a very smart move.

Why is it so wrong to carry 2 healthy scratch forwards with an extra game a week this year and for the load that Brown and Orr have to carry to fight almost nightly, it will take its toll as we've already seen.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
A big guy who doesn't skate at the NHL level, I think staff are feeding us crowd pleaser guys to hide the fact we aren't overly good. And it works! I love the fights

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad