Confirmed with Link: TOR Picks up Frazer McLaren off Waivers

SteveV*

Great, when Brown returns we could possibly have the most ineffective fourth line in the history of hockey ;)

G51 K81*

Don't know why people keep saying he's going to replace Orr. Carlyle already came outright in an interview and said Colton will play all 48 games if healthy.

masyo88*

I like having two forwards as extra on the team. If somebody in the top 9 is playing like crap you have the option to send them to the press box for a game or two. With this movie, I feel like Carlyle does not want Orr and Brown to do all the heavy lifting for the team, when it comes to fighting. Frazer will take the pressure of them and so will Fraser to. All this is for the big showdown Saturday against the Bruins. Orr, Fraser, Mclaren and Brown is a tough as nails team.

G51 K81*

I like having two forwards as extra on the team. If somebody in the top 9 is playing like crap you have the option to send them to the press box for a game or two. With this movie, I feel like Carlyle does not want Orr and Brown to do all the heavy lifting for the team, when it comes to fighting. Frazer will take the pressure of them and so will Fraser to. All this is for the big showdown Saturday against the Bruins. Orr, Fraser, Mclaren and Brown is a tough as nails team.

This.

Most Leaf fans have already wrote that game off as a loss anyways. At least set the tone for future games. The Isles have made the Pens their ***** after the game that Gillies and Haley went crazy.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Great, when Brown returns we could possibly have the most ineffective fourth line in the history of hockey ;)

The wrecking crew, known for two things, wrecking the opposition and your chances of winning. All night long!

masyo88*

This.

Most Leaf fans have already wrote that game off as a loss anyways. At least set the tone for future games. The Isles have made the Pens their ***** after the game that Gillies and Haley went crazy.

lol just wait till all the figure skater fans come in with the " we don't want a plug on our team" "we want players that can score and fight" and my favorite " fighting does nothing in hockey"

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
lol just wait till all the figure skater fans come in with the " we don't want a plug on our team" "we want players that can score and fight" and my favorite " fighting does nothing in hockey"

It does but you need a healthy balance really.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Was hoping for Boychuk as well

Agreed Boychuk has some real skill and has been having a strong AHL season this year as well as being a former first draft pick. McLaren is simply a goon with limited hockey sense and skill.

Is McLaren suppose to replace Orr or something or a temp replacement for Brown?

G51 K81*

What I don't get is people are comfortable putting guys like Mac on the 4th line with Steckel, etc. Mac can't put up points with 15+ minutes of ice-time. Wtf is he going to do with 5 minutes...

G51 K81*

Agreed Boychuk has some real skill and has been having a strong AHL season this year as well as being a former first draft pick. McLaren is simply a goon with limited hockey sense and skill.

Is McLaren suppose to replace Orr or something or a temp replacement for Brown?

Temp, maybe Brown will be out for a while.

masyo88*

It does but you need a healthy balance really.

Our 4 line won't cost us games though, if they play their 7-8 minutes a game check everything in sight, and not be a liability while providing toughness, then they have done their job. Our fourth line has been decent all year, except Steckel he does not belong.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Our top 4 won't cost us games though, if they play their 7-8 minutes a game check everything in sight, and not be a liability while providing toughness, then they have done their games. Our fourth line has been decent all year, except Steckel he does not belong.

I don't care it's entertaining, if we lose we have a healthy choice of picks

masyo88*

What I don't get is people are comfortable putting guys like Mac on the 4th line with Steckel, etc. Mac can't put up points with 15+ minutes of ice-time. Wtf is he going to do with 5 minutes...

They think all four lines should be fast scoring lines, but in reality that's not how the game is played. I just laugh at people who posted suggestions like Frattin, Steckel Komarov as their forth line. They don't realize that other teams would feast on this and impose their will on us (like last year), and they say silly things like "durr durr Komi, Phaneuf and Mcarthur will keep the other teams in check, so for toughness will be fine":laugh: Plus with Kadri and Komarov on the lineup being the team pests you need players out there to let them play their game and not feel uncomfortable.

mcleex

Fire Parros
Jul 3, 2009
This is definitely for the Boston game. Tired of getting our ***** kicked (both physically and on the score sheet)

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005
Oh good another useles plug. Fits in well. Soon our top 2 lines wil be fighters as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad