Confirmed with Link: TOR Picks up Frazer McLaren off Waivers

SteveV*

This is definitely for the Boston game. Tired of getting our ***** kicked (both physically and on the score sheet)

Boston's tough guys CAN PLAY HOCKEY! If we play our goons it plays right in to Boston's hands!!

Geezus.

leafspring*

Wouldn't know the guy if i ran him over with my car. To quote a old coach lol. Not following this at all. There is more to this than meets the eye.Something technical,trade, i don't get it.

Remotion

Jul 9, 2009
Regent Park, Toronto
Lucic can't play hockey? Sure send out Orr/Frazer/Fraser to fight him, useless. All that will happen is we get scored on. Basically handing Boston the match up they desire on our home ice

He goes into the penalty box along with one of the plugs, one less scorer on the ice for boston :sarcasm:

G51 K81*

Lucic can't play hockey? Sure send out Orr/Frazer/Fraser to fight him, useless. All that will happen is we get scored on. Basically handing Boston the match up they desire on our home ice

Our best players are scared of Boston, we get embarrassed every game. Send out Kessel instead, he will hide behind the net.

Kyle Doobas*

Agreed Boychuk has some real skill and has been having a strong AHL season this year as well as being a former first draft pick.
Pittsburgh is below us in the standings, so we never had a chance to claim Boychuk.

leafspring*

Chara is the one you target,and the rest will get sucked into it. Chara needs Orr poppin some body shots on him like he did to scott,for running grabo. I want Chara bad for that.

Just beat the snot out of them all would suit me pretty good.

p.l.f.

use the force
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, CANADA
san jose forum says:

"I knew he would get claimed by an eastern conference team. There are no enforcers to fight over in the west, so it's pointless to have a guy like McLaren here.

Those first two years at the Cow Palace, as I was learning more about the game, I came to appreciate what players such as Coxe and Gaetz were. Link became one of the biggest reasons for me to drive all the way there!!
I can't even imagine a player of his ilk playing in the NHL now."

I guess the days of players like Parker/Shelley/Gaetz are over...kinda sad."

In San Jose, I hope that's a role of the past. There's no use for a player who's only NHL skill is fighting."

=========

thinks are definetly different out west :fight:

ninetynine*

Good for you TO. McLaren had 6 points in 23 games in 09-10 as an enforcer. He's worth a look. Very tough team you've got now!

G51 K81*

Ya seriously, when you're done face palming stick you head in a cold shower and wake the eff up!!

Kessel has done great versus Boston though. We need more guys like him on our team.

getyourselfsomerest

Jul 22, 2011
How do you know?

There's nothing to indicate he didn't want to sign here.

"But hopefully I’m back here. And hopefully they feel the same way."
http://www.thestar.com/sports/leafs/2012/04/06/will_maple_leafs_joey_crabb_return_next_season.html

He probably wanted $1-1.5 mil from the Leafs. Burke shut him down. He didn't get that in the free agent market so he signed for cheaper. Still having Crabb at $1.5 mil is better than having Orr+Brown+McLaren. Should've kept him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad