Confirmed with Link: TOR Picks up Frazer McLaren off Waivers

paulhiggins

Feb 4, 2006
We could have got the toughest guy in the league a couple weeks ago, Steve MacIntyre off waivers. Why pass on Steve and get this guy?

MapleLeafGardens*

Lots of goons on waivers these days.

On with the sideshow come playoffs they will all be in the press box.

skacore

Nov 7, 2010
you're totally wrong
orr's coming off concusion syndrome and shouldnt be forced to fight heavyweights every friggin night

lets compare:

orr 6'3 220
mclaren 6'5 250
brown 5'11 205

scott 6'8 270
Who cares about size, Orr and Scott are heavyweights, McLaren's a light-heavy and Brown's a middleweight. Orr's coming off a concussion just like 99% of all regular fighters are.. everyone's been tagged a couple times in their career. He's had over a calender year to rebound, he's good to go!

Orr's one of the best fighters in the NHL, McLaren is definitely riding shotgun to him

Peace Frog

“Go on, say your thing man”
Jun 18, 2009
Who cares about size, Orr and Scott are heavyweights, McLaren's a light-heavy and Brown's a middleweight. Orr's coming off a concussion just like 99% of all regular fighters are.. everyone's been tagged a couple times in their career. He's had over a calender year to rebound, he's good to go!

Orr's one of the best fighters in the NHL, McLaren is definitely riding shotgun to him

He's a pretty heavy "light" heavy. ;)

jimmycarter

Jun 12, 2010
thorton is as good as out next game.

sucks because i dont want to see ORR fight a lightweight like lucic again.

Blayzer

Jul 3, 2011
McLaren vs Lucic
Fraser vs McQuaid
Brown vs Campbell
Orr vs Macdermid
Phaneuf vs Horton
Kadri vs Marchand
JVR vs Ference
Komarov vs Paille
Reimer vs Rask

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
McLaren vs Lucic
Fraser vs McQuaid
Brown vs Campbell
Orr vs Macdermid
Phaneuf vs Horton
Kadri vs Marchand
JVR vs Ference
Komarov vs Paille
Reimer vs Rask

You must think Pat Quinn still coaching the Leafs

Maclaren vs Macdermid
Nobody in the Bruins is going to fight Orr. Lucic will not risk it.

FrozenJagrt

Dec 16, 2009
You must think Pat Quinn still coaching the Leafs

Maclaren vs Macdermid
Nobody in the Bruins is going to fight Orr. Lucic will not risk it.

For Lucic's sake, I hope he learned his lesson last time they fought. He got exposed in a bad way during that fight. "Heavyweight". HA.

Michel Beauchamp

Canadiens' fan since 1958
Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
Pittsburgh is below us in the standings, so we never had a chance to claim Boychuk.

In a normal season, the standings from the last season determine waiver priority until a certain date (November 1st, I believe).

The same surely applies this year, but I haven't seen what the date will be.

I'm almost 100% certain that not enough games have been played for this year standings to count.

Cap'n Flavour

Mar 8, 2004
Flavour Country
Cool, I guess we need 2-3 enforcers on the roster at all times, no sense keeping any spots open for guys like Aucoin or Connolly who might have scored a point or two.

number72

Oct 9, 2011
Gotta like Carlyle smart thinking here with this pick. Anyone noticed how Scott thumped Thornton last night and subsequently the Bruins fell apart. Carlyle now has Orr, Mclaren (and brown injured) as well as Fraser. The leafs will employ the same strategy to beat the bruins. And this is a good example of how ineffective wilson was as a coach. Kessel is not useful in these games against bigger opponents. For the Bruins you need to shake their confidence by physically thumping them.

david999

Jan 21, 2011
Gotta like Carlyle smart thinking here with this pick. Anyone noticed how Scott thumped Thornton last night and subsequently the Bruins fell apart. Carlyle now has Orr, Mclaren (and brown injured) as well as Fraser. The leafs will employ the same strategy to beat the bruins. And this is a good example of how ineffective wilson was as a coach. Kessel is not useful in these games against bigger opponents. For the Bruins you need to shake their confidence by physically thumping them.

Have to agree with this 100%

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Cool, I guess we need 2-3 enforcers on the roster at all times, no sense keeping any spots open for guys like Aucoin or Connolly who might have scored a point or two.

There are roles to be filled, no matter how much those 2 guys may be more skilled. They would be terrible terrible players in a fourth line role.

You can't fill your lineup with only skill in the NHL. It's not an all-star game. We have plenty of skill all ready.

EDIT:

I'm not sure if you were sarcastic or not to be honest after re-reading. Either way, my point either supports your claim or puts you in your place. Heh ;)

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
Without muscle we will lose.

What was our record last year against Boston 0 and 8? BuffaLo has found a hole in their armour.If nothing else we dont have to be embarassed.We tried a full lineup of ballerinas last year,I like the new approach.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad