Confirmed with Link: TOR Picks up Frazer McLaren off Waivers

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Pittsburgh is below us in the standings, so we never had a chance to claim Boychuk.

Pittsburgh are actually tied with the Leafs as both teams have 3-3-0 records at this point.

The fact we beat them this year is the only difference between one team getting a skilled former 1st round pick and the other getting a goon.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
There's nothing to indicate he didn't want to sign here.

"But hopefully I’m back here. And hopefully they feel the same way."
http://www.thestar.com/sports/leafs/2012/04/06/will_maple_leafs_joey_crabb_return_next_season.html

He probably wanted $1-1.5 mil from the Leafs. Burke shut him down. He didn't get that in the free agent market so he signed for cheaper. Still having Crabb at $1.5 mil is better than having Orr+Brown+McLaren. Should've kept him.

I don't think you'll find many(if any) that agree with that.

getyourselfsomerest

Jul 22, 2011
I don't think you'll find many(if any) that agree with that.

A guy who plays the PK, can fill in on the top line, hits, and blocks shots vs. a guy who fights and plays 3 minutes per game to fight another tough guy once. None of the recent Cup winners have had a plug on their team. All their tough guys played at least 10 minutes.

Rockinz

Leafs 4 the cup
Feb 25, 2010
Leaf Land
Nice! Spoke to my SJ contacts and they seem to like him for what he is. He can be responsible 4th liner as well.

also brown is out for a bit

DD03

3D
Mar 15, 2010
Good pick up for nothing. Wish we would've been in on Boychuk. Can never go wrong with some skill and speed on the third line.

BennyTheJet

Oct 4, 2011
Toronto
I grew up with Frazer. So great to see him picked up here in Toronto. He'll most likely be playing for the Marlies - but couldn't be happier for him. :)

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
This was a good pick up with the injuries we have. Hamilton can be sent down without waivers as he is an emergency call up. We have 4 forwards hurt/sick.

With Orr and Brown hurt/sick we need a tough guy.....I can not wait to see him against Boston......Kessel may get a free pass. Orr is tough, but this giant can skate well enough to play a few more shifts. 8 minutes or so.

LV*

Free my bro Leivo
Aug 26, 2012
Toronto
Gives us the ability to rest one of Brown or Orr if needed, plus both are injured for a week anyway.. Can't go into Boston without a big fighter, we all know how that went last year when we played them with Brown alone.

You Like Boyce

Mar 7, 2011
You know your team is in rough shape when you're lamenting the loss of Joey Crabb.

I like adding McLaren. I doubt many, if any, on here have seen him play in the dub or with the baby Sharks apart from the usual mad rushes to hockeydb and youtube. He's not a game breaker but he's insurance and by all accounts a great locker room guy.

As has been pointed out numerous times, we couldn't have got Boychuk because Pitt is lower in the standings than us due to ROW. It's funny that people see his draft status and assume he's some diamond in the rough like Grabner or Moulson. If he hasn't been able to stick with the Canes over the last few years then it doesn't bode well for success on a fellow bottom feeder like the Leafs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad