Proposal: TOR-MON

Status
Not open for further replies.

The90

Feb 27, 2017
Montreal is in the process of changing that though . Being that you guys were susposed to have had two parades by now but haven’t won a playoff series yet we’re gonna take a different approach. The thing I don’t get with the leafs is that Shanahan used to be one of the toughest players in his day yet the leafs continue the anti grit theme . I figured shanahan would have slapped Dubas in The head by now and told him to wake up
You’re going nowhere on your rebuild till you stop the re tool and trade price / Weber. A few goals for kk in the playoffs doesn’t mean he’s a top 6 centre. Suzuki looks like he’s the real deal though

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
You’re going nowhere on your rebuild till you stop the re tool and trade price / Weber. A few goals for kk in the playoffs doesn’t mean he’s a top 6 centre. Suzuki looks like he’s the real deal though
well now I do agree with you there . Rather than giving extensions to Petry , Gallagher and Tatar I’d like to see them liquidate them . I’d like to see if we retained 50% on Gallagher could we get Bouchard from Edmonton . Similar retentions on Petry and Tatar . Add those bounties to primeau , romanov , norlinder , strunle,Harris , Kotkaniemi, Suzuki , caufield, etc. Than cash in the Weber chip with Nashville. They’ll pay thru the nose to get that contract back . Than I’d temporarily fill a lot of those wholes with guys being sold at reduced prices because teams don’t want to lose them for nothing . After expansion I’d build a winner with all those picks prospects , solid young players and salary cap to burn . They won’t listen to me though . The last time I applied they told me to f... off

sansabri

hello my enemies
Aug 12, 2005
I mean.... I get what you’re saying with the points total, and I do like Domi as a player and think he had a down season. But his 72 point season looks to be a ‘best possible’ outlier for him at this point. He had only broken 50 points once before that and hovered for an average of ~45 points.

nylanders first 2 full seasons he had 61 points a piece. Paced for 70+ this year, even in his 20 game partial rookie year he had 0.5 ppg on the leafs lottery team before Matthews. He has a much higher ceiling offensively. Noted on the grittiness comments I get that, but you take the 60-70 point player over the 45-50 point player every time.

also, nylander hadn’t gotten 1st pp time until this season.

i'd buy that if he hadn't led the team in points that year (next guy being Tatar with 58 pts). Nylander is a really good player, but he's got support

Incetardis

Sep 17, 2013
Lol... I like Domi. Eventhough he's undersized he plays with a lot of bite which is something the Leafs sorely lack. BUT Nylander is only moving for help on D. This trade would be assinine without some D help coming back and valuewise it's a little off. Domi + 1st might work in a vacuum but given team needs that wouldn't even get it done

Cotton

May 13, 2013
Domi has 251 points in 375 GP (0.67 PPG)
Nylander has 221 points in 307 GP (0.72 PPG)
Nylander has played with way better players his entire career

Oh ya stats only works for your guy.
In your world where
31=40
71=55
Sure bud
And i'm the one trying to make stuff up.:facepalm:

The difference is Domi has played about 70 more games than Nylander.

Nylander has hit/would have hit 60+ pts for the 3rd time. Domi managed this only once.

You can put it to a poll if you’d like, nobody is taking Domi over Nylander.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Drouin is soft. Which is why the Habs would have no interest in Nylander. We can't go into the playoffs with Drouin and Nylander.
Or apparently Domi either. The softest of the three based on his 4th line demotion in the bubble. Could barely tell Domi was on the team or playing. Even Drouin flashed more. Like stealing bad passes and coming in on uncontested breakaways with intent to dump the puck into the corner. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad