McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
To Montreal:
William Nylander

To Toronto:
Max Domi
2020 3rd Round Pick

Montreal needs goal scoring and Toronto needs some gritty talent to play alongside Tavares. I feel like this is a lateral move but addresses pretty big needs in both organizations. What do you guys think? Also, how much does Domi sign for?
That’s a hilarious overvaluation of Domi. Well done. Gave me a hardy laugh.

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
Hey MC, Toronto fan wanted myers farabee and 1 for nylander. so as flyers fan should i trade myers, farabee, 1 for domi and a 3 ;) Without a dinner and movie that is?

Reactions: McJedi

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Nylander is a better scorer but it's not someone I want to go to war with in the playoffs.

Domi is on another level when he's motivated and even though he could be a beast, not so much when on the fourth line.

Nylender gives us more scoring but soft....Domi gives the leafs toughness but less scoring.

Aside from overvaluing their own, the players are a match but neither side wants it to happen. From Habs perspective, Nylander is a skilled buttercup...from leafs perspective, nylander is a star and Domi a one year hit.

Moving on...

bukwas

Stanley Cup 2022
Sep 27, 2017
Pass. Not a fan of players who struggle to control their emotions. It really really irritates me.

Reactions: shortfuze

cesareborgia

Jun 9, 2010
Hard pass from the Leafs.

Have TOR and MTL even made a deal with one another in the last 20 years?

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
To Montreal:
William Nylander

To Toronto:
Max Domi
2020 3rd Round Pick

Montreal needs goal scoring and Toronto needs some gritty talent to play alongside Tavares. I feel like this is a lateral move but addresses pretty big needs in both organizations. What do you guys think? Also, how much does Domi sign for?
Leafs need to add to their awful D............no way they do this deal. If Me-lander gets moved, it is for a Dman.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
:faq:
Domi has 251 points in 375 GP (0.67 PPG)
Nylander has 221 points in 307 GP (0.72 PPG)
Nylander has played with way better players his entire career.

Who's laughing now.:lol:

Reactions: EK392000

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
:faq:
Domi has 251 points in 375 GP (0.67 PPG)
Nylander has 221 points in 307 GP (0.72 PPG)
Nylander has played with way better players his entire career.

Who's laughing now.:lol:
The guys that know Domi isn’t going to get close to Nylander in a trade. Not many teams are going to be excited about a 4th line playoff dud gunning his way out of town as an RFA.

FelixPotvin29

Oct 21, 2012
It’s not that bad of a deal but ultimately it doesn’t do enough for the Leafs. Cap hits will be comparable and it doesn’t solve their biggest issue other then adding a bit more grit.

EK392000

Mar 9, 2020
It’s not that bad of a deal but ultimately it doesn’t do enough for the Leafs. Cap hits will be comparable and it doesn’t solve their biggest issue other then adding a bit more grit.
I think the Leafs could save about 1 million making this deal. I guess the question that needs to be asked is does the cap savings justify a decrease in production and increase in grit? Grit seems pretty valuable to a team that really lacks it, and the team also has the offensive talent that can make up for the slight decrease in production that would result. Hopefully grit is infectious and can give some heart to the team.

EK392000

Mar 9, 2020
Leafs need to add to their awful D............no way they do this deal. If Me-lander gets moved, it is for a Dman.
There are some pretty good defensemen in this year's free agency, and Toronto is always good at luring free agents. If they can make some moves that open up cap and give them more money to work with in free agency to sign a Tanev/Hamonic/Demelo/Gudas, it might do some good.

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
It depends how much we're going to pay Domi.

Overall, Nylander is better, but Domi brings other things to the table.

If there's a good money difference, I'm all for keeping Domi and put the money somewhere else.

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
A year ago this deal might have worked. But Domi’s stock has dropped and Nylander’s has risen. I’d still like to see Nylander play tougher and go to the dirty areas in the playoffs (like he sometimes did during the season) but I think I’d take that chance that he can continue to grow his game.

Tanknation

Feb 24, 2012
Nylander is a better scorer but it's not someone I want to go to war with in the playoffs.

Domi is on another level when he's motivated and even though he could be a beast, not so much when on the fourth line.

Nylender gives us more scoring but soft....Domi gives the leafs toughness but less scoring.

Aside from overvaluing their own, the players are a match but neither side wants it to happen. From Habs perspective, Nylander is a skilled buttercup...from leafs perspective, nylander is a star and Domi a one year hit.

Moving on...
This

cgc83

30-HELENS-AGREE
Jul 8, 2018
why do so many people dream up leafs / habs big deal trades .
theres like 30 other teams you can deal with

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad