Proposal: TOR-MON

Status
Not open for further replies.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
There are some pretty good defensemen in this year's free agency, and Toronto is always good at luring free agents. If they can make some moves that open up cap and give them more money to work with in free agency to sign a Tanev/Hamonic/Demelo/Gudas, it might do some good.
If they can make some moves? Soobs should have traded Me-lander a couple of seasons ago and made the D better. Now, he seems to have a gun to his head. Other GM's are waiting.

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
To Montreal:
William Nylander

To Toronto:
Max Domi
2020 3rd Round Pick

Montreal needs goal scoring and Toronto needs some gritty talent to play alongside Tavares. I feel like this is a lateral move but addresses pretty big needs in both organizations. What do you guys think? Also, how much does Domi sign for?
Lol leafs laugh..good one

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Cap hits will be comparable

i hope not. We don't know if he's going to get a short term deal or if they will try and lock him up long term. After the season he just had it might be smart for him to go 2 years to see if he can get back to his 72 pt season. I would hope in the flat cap he wouldn't get close to 6.9 per whatever way they go.

He's a solid player but I don't know what Domi we would be getting, the one that looked great for us last year or the one that was disappointing this year or something in between.

teddygmr

Jul 7, 2006
The most likely Toronto-Montreal deal would be Frederick Gauthier for a 3rd round pick.

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
To Montreal: Nylander
To Toronto: Serghachev
To TB: Domi & Flyers 2021 1st rounder
To Philly: Cirelli

Montreal gets a legit scoring winger
Toronto gets a stud D
TB clears out cap. And gets a winger for Point
Philly gets a young # 2 C. Can buy out Hayes.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
The guys that know Domi isn’t going to get close to Nylander in a trade. Not many teams are going to be excited about a 4th line playoff dud gunning his way out of town as an RFA.
Ya but what team is gonna get excited about 2nd line soft playoff Dud?

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Ya but what team is gonna get excited about 2nd line soft playoff Dud?
Lots of them. Cost controlled 30-40 goal scorer and top six forward. Younger than Domi and cost certainty in a long term deal. He’s a far better trade chip than 50 point season and playoff dud Domi just unloaded as an RFA with zero contract certainty but a dislike for being a Hab. Let’s just say that isn’t the magic recipe for a good trade for the Habs. Trade Petry if you want to sell high. Trade Domi or Drouin if you want to sell low. Since your fan base is hell bent to trade low. You’ll get an underwhelming return on those two.

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
To Montreal: Nylander
To Toronto: Serghachev
To TB: Domi & Flyers 2021 1st rounder
To Philly: Cirelli

Montreal gets a legit scoring winger
Toronto gets a stud D
TB clears out cap. And gets a winger for Point
Philly gets a young # 2 C. Can buy out Hayes.
Montreal don’t want Nylander though He’s to soft

Reactions: Tanknation

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
Lots of them. Cost controlled 30-40 goal scorer and top six forward. Younger than Domi and cost certainty in a long term deal. He’s a far better trade chip than 50 point season and playoff dud Domi just unloaded as an RFA with zero contract certainty but a dislike for being a Hab. Let’s just say that isn’t the magic recipe for a good trade for the Habs. Trade Petry if you want to sell high. Trade Domi or Drouin if you want to sell low. Since your fan base is hell bent to trade low. You’ll get an underwhelming return on those two.
Regardless of who we trade , the Habs don’t want nylander

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017

Nylander's seasons scoring 40 goals.

I must be missing something.:laugh:
And to boot a career soft as toilet paper playoff Dud.
Ya the guy is worth a fortune.

Namikaze Minato

Apr 30, 2009
Beautiful B.C.
Nylander's seasons scoring 40 goals.

I must be missing something.:laugh:
And to boot a career soft as toilet paper playoff Dud.
Ya the guy is worth a fortune.
Except he didnt call him a 40 goal scorer. 31 goals is between 30 and 40. Considering he did that in less than 70 games, i would say he was a 30-40 goal scorer as a fair assessment. Of course you dont care about that, you just live to try and mock leafs fans and the team, rather than have any real discourse.

I also see you post about how soft he is, constantly, despite him being one of the best slot goal scorers in the league. Wonder if you think hes sof,t how do you feel about Drouin?

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Except he didnt call him a 40 goal scorer. 31 goals is between 30 and 40. Considering he did that in less than 70 games, i would say he was a 30-40 goal scorer as a fair assessment. Of course you dont care about that, you just live to try and mock leafs fans and the team, rather than have any real discourse.

I also see you post about how soft he is, constantly, despite him being one of the best slot goal scorers in the league. Wonder if you think hes sof,t how do you feel about Drouin?

Drouin is soft. Which is why the Habs would have no interest in Nylander. We can't go into the playoffs with Drouin and Nylander.

Namikaze Minato

Apr 30, 2009
Beautiful B.C.
Drouin is soft. Which is why the Habs would have no interest in Nylander. We can't go into the playoffs with Drouin and Nylander.
Nylander plays soft hockey in the hardest place on the ice, the slot. Drouin and Domi are too afraid to go there, thats why they cant score as much as Willy. That and they arent as good, of course, at hockey.

sansabri

a sea of troubles eh
Aug 12, 2005
Nylander plays soft hockey in the hardest place on the ice, the slot. Drouin and Domi are too afraid to go there, thats why they cant score as much as Willy. That and they arent as good, of course, at hockey.

sure didn't look like it in the play-ins

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
And he still had more goals, and points than Max Domi, didnt he? He also played half the games, what does that make domi?
Domi has 251 points in 375 GP (0.67 PPG)
Nylander has 221 points in 307 GP (0.72 PPG)
Nylander has played with way better players his entire career

Oh ya stats only works for your guy.
In your world where
31=40
71=55
Sure bud
And i'm the one trying to make stuff up.:facepalm:

The90

Feb 27, 2017
Domi has 251 points in 375 GP (0.67 PPG)
Nylander has 221 points in 307 GP (0.72 PPG)
Nylander has played with way better players his entire career

Oh ya stats only works for your guy.
In your world where
31=40
71=55
Sure bud
And i'm the one trying to make stuff up.:facepalm:
I mean.... I get what you’re saying with the points total, and I do like Domi as a player and think he had a down season. But his 72 point season looks to be a ‘best possible’ outlier for him at this point. He had only broken 50 points once before that and hovered for an average of ~45 points.

nylanders first 2 full seasons he had 61 points a piece. Paced for 70+ this year, even in his 20 game partial rookie year he had 0.5 ppg on the leafs lottery team before Matthews. He has a much higher ceiling offensively. Noted on the grittiness comments I get that, but you take the 60-70 point player over the 45-50 point player every time.

also, nylander hadn’t gotten 1st pp time until this season.

kb

Aug 28, 2009
Yeah, no to Domi thanks. There are far better ways for the Leafs to get cap space than this.

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
As a Habs fan, I'm not interested in this deal. Nylander is overpaid for what he brings, adding him with a flat cap means letting go of Tatar next summer... Domi + Tatar for Nylander and a warm body 4th liner isn't worth it for us. Might as well use to cap space more intelligently.

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
I mean.... I get what you’re saying with the points total, and I do like Domi as a player and think he had a down season. But his 72 point season looks to be a ‘best possible’ outlier for him at this point. He had only broken 50 points once before that and hovered for an average of ~45 points.

nylanders first 2 full seasons he had 61 points a piece. Paced for 70+ this year, even in his 20 game partial rookie year he had 0.5 ppg on the leafs lottery team before Matthews. He has a much higher ceiling offensively. Noted on the grittiness comments I get that, but you take the 60-70 point player over the 45-50 point player every time.

also, nylander hadn’t gotten 1st pp time until this season.
I’m sure he’s a great guy to . I’m sure you’ll find a good home for him . Montreal just don’t want him

The90

Feb 27, 2017
I’m sure he’s a great guy to . I’m sure you’ll find a good home for him . Montreal just don’t want him
True. Montreal is flush with top 6 skill. Really been treating them well for the duration of Carey prices prime.

Don’t want none of that. Carey’s got us. Till he doesn’t.

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
True. Montreal is flush with top 6 skill. Really been treating them well for the duration of Carey prices prime.

Don’t want none of that. Carey’s got us. Till he doesn’t.
Montreal is in the process of changing that though . Being that you guys were susposed to have had two parades by now but haven’t won a playoff series yet we’re gonna take a different approach. The thing I don’t get with the leafs is that Shanahan used to be one of the toughest players in his day yet the leafs continue the anti grit theme . I figured shanahan would have slapped Dubas in The head by now and told him to wake up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad