Confirmed Signing with Link: [TOR] G Martin Jones signs with the Maple Leafs (1 year, $875k)

Rude Dog

Dec 22, 2008
I have to say so far I'm a big fan of Treliving's work.

There isn't a single thing he's done that I haven't liked.

The worst thing I can say is that Ryan Reaves should have gotten a 2 year contract instead of 3.

That's it, that's a solid job.
Reaves contract length doesn't matter at all. They can bury him if it doesn't work out and it won't count against the cap.

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Hey, the Kraken gave him five goals a game support and he was fine. That's all you have to do-- night after night.

• Haha
Reactions: OttawaSenators11

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
Most likely the Marlies goalie if he makes it through waivers ( or main roster in case Sammy or Woll get nicked up ) . Worse options for a 3 were out there so while it’s not exciting I guess it’s alright

Nothingbutglass

Sep 28, 2017
lol? Freddy was good here went on to make the same money and play good for the Canes. Campbell played good here got a massive deal from the Oilers. Now Samsonov has found his game here and Woll is having a coming out party.

Terrible take.
Really? Both were deemed responsible for playoff failures and chased out of town. They were replaced with progressively worse goalies every year.
Terrible response.

Reactions: dukeofjive

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
so does this official that Murray is tossed on Robidas Island? I thought he was the distant option once he gets healed up

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
Can't say anything bad about this signing, he's a decent spare tire with good experience

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Jones isn't good but the money is cheap and I'm assuming he's an emergency option. The money can be easily buried. The optics may be funny but it's not an awful deal.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Can't see TOR putting Woll on waivers. Martin Jones will be on waivers before the start of the season and quite possibly claimed by someone at that number.

Yeah. It's such a weird signing to me, from Jones' perspective.

I don't think there's any way Toronto risk Woll on waivers, so that basically just means Jones is going to hit waivers and either end up somewhere else entirely, or in the AHL.

At that price, i'd take a claim on him for the Canucks, just to keep Silovs in the AHL for another year getting more games in and developing. He's better than Spencer Martin as a veteran backup. Pittsburgh also seem like they could use him now that they've moved DeSmith for no apparent reason. Tampa don't even really seem to have a backup, and that's a pretty cushy gig behind Vasy.

Plus any other team that has an injury or hiccups with their goaltending through training camp/preseason.

I guess Jones is thinking there's a chance Woll falters and gives him as good a shot as he'll find at an NHL gig...but it seems like a longshot to me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad