Confirmed Signing with Link: [TOR] G Martin Jones signs with the Maple Leafs (1 year, $875k)

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
Updated depth charts:

ANA: Gibson | Dostal | Stalock
CGY: Markstrom | Vladar | Wolf
EDM: Skinner | Campbell
LAK: Talbot | Copley
SEA: Grubauer | Driedger | Daccord
SJS: Blackwood | Kahkonen
VAN: Demko | Martin | Silovs
VGK: Hill | Thompson | Lehner (LTIR)

ARZ: Vejmelka | Ingram
CHI: Mrazek | Soderblom
COL: Georgiev | Francouz
DAL: Oettinger | Wedgewood
MIN: Gustavsson | Fleury
NSH: Saros | Lankinen
STL: Binnington | Hofer
WPG: Hellebucyk | Brossoit

BOS: Ullmark | Swayman
BUF: Levi | Comrie | Luukkonen
DET: Husso | Reimer
FLO: Bobrovsky | Knight | Stolarz
MON: Allen | Montembeault | DeSmith
OTT: Korpisalo | Forsberg
TBL: Vasilevskiy | Johansson?
TOR: Samsonov | Jones | Woll | Murray (LTIR)

CAR: Andersen | Raanta | Kochetkov
CLB: Merzlikins | Tarasov
NJD: Vanecek | Schmid
NYI: Sorokin | Varlamov
NYR: Shesterkin | Quick
PHI: Hart | Petersen | Ersson
PIT: Jarry | Nedeljkovic
WSH: Kuemper | Lindgren

Pitt has Hellberg too as 3 and Garrett Sparks as 4 i guess

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
Good depth signing. I think he's likely our #3 (Sammy #1, Woll #2, Jones #3, Murray banished to Robidas Island), though there's a chance he wins the #2 spot over Woll at camp. Assuming he's our #3, fingers crossed we can send him to the Marlies without someone snagging him off waivers - feels like a 50/50 shot to me.

Also, for those wondering, the burried threshold is $1.15 mil next season, so he fits well under that. If he doesn't get claimed on waivers, he can play for the Marlies with zero impact of the Leafs cap.

innitfam

Oct 18, 2017
I could see Chicago taking him when he goes through waivers. Maybe Tampa too if he gets that far. Although, I also wouldn’t be surprised if he clears

Cas

Conversational Black Hole
Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020
5 seasons without getting above .900. No idea what this guy is still doing in the league.
He's (probably) better than the EBUG, and he's most likely better than I would be.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
I remember when the Leafs signed Adam Gaudette the thread was like this. People making fun of the Leafs playing a terrible forward. For some reason (likely ignorance of the Leafs depth and general plans) people can't grasp that every single year, the Leafs sign NHL tweeners with experience to NHL money with the intention of playing them on the Marlies and having call up depth if needed that has experience.

That is all this is. If Woll is AHL quality randomly in training camp this is a plan B. If Weoll is elite, the hope is he will clear waivers and can be our new Hutch.

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
Sounds like a paid PTO.
With the potential that nobody grabs him while passing through waivers.

Very likely (if not definite) that Woll is 2G - but they want internal competition at camp AND a capable cheap 3G. (If he's lost to waivers, so be it)

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Leafs fans just blame their goalies when the team doesn't show up for important games

Literally no one has blamed goaltending this year? They blamed Campbell for being a pumpkin against the Habs. He wasn't good enough against Tampa but not blamed. Andersen got blamed for being garbage in elimination games unable to save a beach ball.

No one is winning with goaltending like this

Rude Dog

Dec 22, 2008
I am more than fine with it. A good goalie is just going to get claimed on waivers anyway. Jones likely won't. This way, they at least have a guy with experience if Sammy goes down.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I have to say so far I'm a big fan of Treliving's work.

There isn't a single thing he's done that I haven't liked.

The worst thing I can say is that Ryan Reaves should have gotten a 2 year contract instead of 3.

That's it, that's a solid job.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad