Confirmed Trade: [TOR/COL] Tyson Barrie (@50%) , A. Kerfoot, '20 6th for Nazem Kadri, C. Rosen, '20 3rd - Pt.3

flyfysher

Mar 21, 2012
Last couple of games it looked almost as if Barrie doesn't have a clue on how to play the NHL game... Its clear he's still acclimatizing to a new team with new systems. Hopefully we can see the Barrie that Avalanche fans told us he was...

It's kinda hard to argue with all the points that Barrie scored if you're implying Avs fans were dishonest. What was it? 59 points? That wasn't an accident. The TML got an outstanding offensive player in Barrie and I'm writing that as someone who was never part of the Barrie brigade among Avs fans. I didn't usually pay a lot of attention to Barrie but one of our respected posters noted that Barrie has a rep for starting out slow but by the 20th game or so, he should break out.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Last couple of games it looked almost as if Barrie doesn't have a clue on how to play the NHL game... Its clear he's still acclimatizing to a new team with new systems. Hopefully we can see the Barrie that Avalanche fans told us he was...
Read #3 post of this thread.

GBLeaf

Feb 13, 2014
England, GB.
Delighted to see Naz doing well in Colorado. Good on him.

He'll get more appreciation from the masses now he doesn't have a Leaf on his sweater too. Deserves way more respect than he gets.

Spender

Feb 16, 2013
Växjö
Barrie is struggling first month or two of every season and changing team has probably amplified that. You'll come around on him, he's a good player!

Reactions: Mandala

a mangy Meowth

Ross Colton Fan
Jun 21, 2012
Highlands Ranch, CO
Him being a Norris contender now that he's in the east was something being posted by some in your fanbase, also the notion he would outshine Rielly, I'd call these overrating his abilities.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA that was like two people holy shit

Stop acting like we're used car salesmen who sold you a lemon. Plenty of us were fully honest in our examinations of Barrie's game and you make a fool of yourself by acting like you weren't warned about his warts as a player.

In addition, please don't come back to this thread when you tire of Kerfoot too.

Cotton

May 13, 2013
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA that was like two people holy ****

Stop acting like we're used car salesmen who sold you a lemon. Plenty of us were fully honest in our examinations of Barrie's game and you make a fool of yourself by acting like you weren't warned about his warts as a player.

In addition, please don't come back to this thread when you tire of Kerfoot too.

You post a paragraph of capitalized laughing like some prepubescent girl spazzing about a Bieber album release and I'm the one who looks bad? Righty-right.

That stuff was posted and you can't excuse away stupidity by one upping it. The only reason it was ever even brought up is because some of you refuse to accept he's not that awesome - and search for excuses.

sabresfan129103

1-4-6-14
Apr 10, 2006
Amherst, NY
I knew this thread would be bumped. He was brutal tonight for the Leafs.

I guess I don't understand Dubas logic with this trade. The leafs didn't have trouble scoring goals. They needed another d-man who can lock it down. This almost feels like an NHL19 trade to acquire as much offense as possible.

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
He had a bad history of doing that with our D-man in Detroit in my opinion.

So he expects the d-man to play his position? I don't think many coaches like the idea of getting Barrie mad points and ending up a minus 20 at the end of the year. He is a combined -68 the last four years and it's not looking good so far this year again.
Although to be fair he did a lot better last year, but that may have had something to do with those forwards he had

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
I knew this thread would be bumped. He was brutal tonight for the Leafs.

I guess I don't understand Dubas logic with this trade. The leafs didn't have trouble scoring goals. They needed another d-man who can lock it down. This almost feels like an NHL19 trade to acquire as much offense as possible.

Dubas looks over his head.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
So he expects the d-man to play his position? I don't think many coaches like the idea of getting Barrie mad points and ending up a minus 20 at the end of the year. He is a combined -68 the last four years and it's not looking good so far this year again.
Although to be fair he did a lot better last year, but that may have had something to do with those forwards he had
The point is, if he's going to be terrible defensively anyway, just allow him free rein and at least get the offense.

Honestly, if Leafs were looking for a well-rounded defenseman, they should never have targeted Barrie.

Well, not that I'm an expert on Barrie or Avs or anything. But that much was kind of obvious. Forcing him to focus on playing D will just make him bad and not good at anything.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
He’s going to be a trainwreck defensively either way. I’d rather a 60 point bad defensive player than a 25 point one though.

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
Yep. I said as much when the trade was announced and some around here were calling it a steal for Toronto. Kadri is a legit 2nd/3rd line C signed to a ridiculous cap hit with term. The Leafs could have done better with such an asset. I don't think Barrie is worth what it'll take to re-sign him but they really have no choice. If he walks as a UFA the trade will look even worse. It's looking like a pretty bad trade for Toronto.

Reactions: Cygnusx1018

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
People seem to forget we got Kerfoot in the trade. He’s looked great so far and I would take a Kerfoot - Kadri swap on its own. Kerfoot is signed longer and cheaper, and will produce just as much on the third line. The kid can fly and has a great motor. Kadri’s foot speed went down hill last year and just didn’t fit as the 3C. Let’s give Barrie some more time to adjust. He’ll be a good dman for the Leafs.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
People seem to forget we got Kerfoot in the trade. He’s looked great so far and I would take a Kerfoot - Kadri swap on its own. Kerfoot is signed longer and cheaper, and will produce just as much on the third line. The kid can fly and has a great motor. Kadri’s foot speed went down hill last year and just didn’t fit as the 3C. Let’s give Barrie some more time to adjust. He’ll be a good dman for the Leafs.
Ya just what the Leafs needed 2 more players without an ounce of grit.

Reactions: Cygnusx1018

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
Yep. I said as much when the trade was announced and some around here were calling it a steal for Toronto. Kadri is a legit 2nd/3rd line C signed to a ridiculous cap hit with term. The Leafs could have done better with such an asset. I don't think Barrie is worth what it'll take to re-sign him but they really have no choice. If he walks as a UFA the trade will look even worse. It's looking like a pretty bad trade for Toronto.

Recency bias is a hell of a thing. Go back to the threads after Kadri got suspended for the second consecutive playoffs. There was a strong narrative from other fan bases that he was worthless and no team would take him as a cap dump.

Reactions: Godstin Matthews

General Disarray

Jul 21, 2016
Toronto
Avs did well because they had the new D propsects coming up which made Barrie expendable. They needed secondary scoring. It was excellent assett management. It's what Chia tried to do with Hall except Sakic got equal value. Leafs had the right idea as well but they should have targets a more defensive player. Still, they don't need Kadri anyway so it's not as huge a loss.

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
Looks like the Leafs did not understand what kind of a player they were getting in Barrie. An excellent offensive weapon as long he is allowed to play the way he needs to, not looking like that will ever happen in Toronto.

Not going to be a good look for Dubas if this ends up being a Kadri for Kerfoot swap, which is most likely will.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad