Confirmed with Link: [TOR/CGY] Andrew Nielsen for Morgan Klimchuk

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Looks like all but guarantees Nylander will not be back with the Leafs. Klimchuk is a stud.

Why and how would any one equate Klimchuk, someone that can barely get 40 points in the AHL, to William Nylander and his status with the Leafs?

What in the world...

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS
I'm fine with the trade, our LD depth is too good for Nielsen and our LW depth isn't very good. Klimchuk was a high pick so there must be some potential in there, and it could possibly turn out to be a Hyman for McKegg type deal. If not, no big deal.

He also played with Adam Brooks for a couple years so maybe he'll feel more welcome coming in :dunno:

Reactions: The Cobra

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
Morgan Klimchuk • LW
Ht/Wt:6'0", 185 lbs.
Born:Mar 2, 1995 (23 yrs) in Regina, Sask.
Experience:1 years
Drafted Drafted by Calgary in 2013 (1/28).
Acquired:Acquired in a trade with Calgary in 2018.
Shoots:L

SCOUTING REPORT
Assets:A smart player with great quickness, he has two-way acumen and plenty of scoring upside. Sees the ice well and displays sound hockey sense. Works very hard to improve his overall game.
Flaws:Does not have ideal size for the National Hockey League game, so he needs to continue to pack on the bulk and get stronger. He is more quick than fast in terms of his skating ability.
Career Potential:Sound two-way forward with a little upside.
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Morgan Klimchuk Stats, Profile, Bio, Analysis and More | Toronto Maple Leafs | The Sports Forecaster

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
Nielsen fell way down the depth chart after that solid season two years ago. I wouldn’t be surprised if Nielsen’s agent asked for a trade.

Zizzzzy

Dec 6, 2017
Sounds like a perfect player development project. Former 1st rounder still looking to find his way....

Reactions: The Cobra

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
A new start for both players.
Not every organization is built the same way.
Some teams like to build heavier, some quicker.
I always like to be a skating team. If you get heavy in that great, but that wasn't Neilsen.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Morgan Klimchuk • LW
Ht/Wt:6'0", 185 lbs.
Born:Mar 2, 1995 (23 yrs) in Regina, Sask.
Experience:1 years
Drafted Drafted by Calgary in 2013 (1/28).
Acquired:Acquired in a trade with Calgary in 2018.
Shoots:L

SCOUTING REPORT
Assets:A smart player with great quickness, he has two-way acumen and plenty of scoring upside. Sees the ice well and displays sound hockey sense. Works very hard to improve his overall game.
Flaws:Does not have ideal size for the National Hockey League game, so he needs to continue to pack on the bulk and get stronger. He is more quick than fast in terms of his skating ability.
Career Potential:Sound two-way forward with a little upside.
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Morgan Klimchuk Stats, Profile, Bio, Analysis and More | Toronto Maple Leafs | The Sports Forecaster

who wrote this scouting report? Brian Burke

"Does not have ideal size for the National Hockey League game, so he needs to continue to pack on the bulk and get stronger"

He is the same height but a little less weight than Nylander and is bigger than Marner

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
who wrote this scouting report? Brian Burke

"Does not have ideal size for the National Hockey League game, so he needs to continue to pack on the bulk and get stronger"

He is the same height but a little less weight than Nylander and is bigger than Marner

It;s not a bad thing to be speedy and big. ;)

It's from The Hockey News

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
It;s not a bad thing to be speedy and big. ;)

It's from The Hockey News

ok? it says he doesn't have ideal size. I actually believe that may be spot on average NHL size 6' ~190. How many speedy big players are there not many who have NHL level skills too.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
ok? it says he doesn't have ideal size. I actually believe that may be spot on average NHL size 6' ~190. How many speedy big players are there not many who have NHL level skills too.

TBH 190 lbs is not a big guy, I'm 210lbs and I'm pretty lean.

At any rate if you can have size, speed and skill that is never a bad thing. I think he checks off 1 of the 3 boxes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad