Confirmed with Link: [TOR/CGY] Andrew Nielsen for Morgan Klimchuk

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
Yes but Chuck specified a forward and losing one to a waiver claim.

I think Holl and Marincin both clear waivers if they were placed there

I think Marincin clears and Holl doesn’t.

Interesting to read that Klimchuk was one of the 3 pieces Calgary for in the Iginla trade. Seems so long ago.......

lovemyleafs

Jan 23, 2017
Former first round pick.
Still only 23 years old.
Has had some pretty solid AHL seasons.
I'll take it!

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
This era's answer to the Keith Aulie for Carter Ashton blockbuster.

When you lose your job to a Frankie Corrado, you don't have much of a chance.

At one point, I really thought that Aulie could turn into a useful NHLer... I guess just another guy that the game passed by.

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
Its simple. Neilson couldn't even crack the marlies top six D. Instead marlies pick up a forward. Everybody wins.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
I like it. He is strong two-ways it looks like, and the Marlies will get a lot more out of him than they will Nielsen. I had a feeling Nielsen was going somewhere eventually, but I thought the depth swap would have happened a different way.

Klimchuk may even be nice to bring back for next year, depending on how he does. Maybe not for the Leafs, but the Marlies could be looking for new vets.

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
I liked Nielson because he was physical and willing to duke it out on the ice, hope he can crack the NHL in a couple years

ToMaLe

Sep 24, 2002
Saskatchewan
Klimchuk played a bit with Adam Brooks with the Pats and did well together. Maybe they will be reunited. Watched quit a few Marlies games, huge difference in skating and puck movement between Rosen and Neilsen.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Klimchuk played a bit with Adam Brooks with the Pats and did well together. Maybe they will be reunited. Watched quit a few Marlies games, huge difference in skating and puck movement between Rosen and Neilsen.

I doubt that Marchment-Brooks-Moore line is touched. They have amazing chemistry.

Klimchuk is likely an attempt to fix the 4th line. Engvall finally got off of it and predictably has looked better, but Jooris and Greening have not been good all year. If Klimchuk can be the answer they need to start playing better, then the Marlies will have 4 well-balanced lines and would have solved one of their largest issues. If we want a Calder, this can be a good move for that.

Nielsen does not really have much of a role. Sandin, Borgman and Rosen ahead of him. I wish him luck in Stockton... Apparently he may have a chance to get some ice time there, so maybe he can find himself.

Reactions: TML Dynasty

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008
Andrew Nielsen traded to the Calgary Flames for Morgan Klimchuk | Maple Leafs Hotstove
Morgan Klimchuk's 2013 NHL draft scouting report from McKeen’s Hockey described him as follows:

SCOUTING REPORT .. clinical finish and potent one-touch skills tops his list of assets .. hops and spins in startup before engaging a fast forward stride .. packs an explosive acceleration burst and change of pace – and excellent top speed .. dangerous off the rush – lurks in the soft spaces and has a knack for getting into prime scoring lanes .. excels providing the final touch – supported by a powerful snapshot and precise accuracy .. exploits his tempo to challenge defenders 1-on-1 .. deploys quick stickhandling shifts and clever puck maneuvers to open up lanes .. despite quick hands and an ability to execute at full throttle – is still more of a distributor and shooter than a ‘carry-and-create’ type .. doesn’t always make optimal playmaking decisions .. plays a determined and responsible two- way game .. gradually improving defensively and developing into a viable penalty killer .. must continue to refine his checking skills, however .. wastes energy by taking inefficient angles and can do a much better job blocking lanes .. seems to have trouble reading the opposition’s intentions.. not overly big or powerful – yet surprisingly resilient .. worked diligently last off-season to upgrade his strength and stamina and is better able to absorb and give hits, albeit still gets knocked around pretty good .. should gain confidence in his physical play as he does display solid hitting technique .. a hard- working and dedicated team player – with natural goal-scoring ability that may overshadow the size factor in the long run.

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008

cpt106108822_high.jpg

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
I liked Nielson because he was physical and willing to duke it out on the ice, hope he can crack the NHL in a couple years

If he cracks the nhl then the team he plays for has gone through some serious injury crisis. The guy can’t skate at a ahl level putting him in the nhl would be a nightmare

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad