Confirmed with Link: [TOR/CGY] Andrew Nielsen for Morgan Klimchuk

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
it's a shame Nielsen couldn't figure things out. Hopefully Klimchuk can be something, but I doubt either player will be

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
nielsen is gone, great move kids not going to make it he cant skate. Klimchuk likely not going to make it either but we have a serious logjam at LHD

edit: Klimchuk AHL scoring isn't terrible either, LW helps if he manages to put it together

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
At worst, Klimchuk is an RFA this summer, while Nielsen isn’t until next season.

So we can nontender Klimchuk and get another contract spot free to sign some of the draftees we need too (specifically Ian Scott)

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011
Also, the LeafPR notification have me a heart attack.

I made them the only account I follow rn and made the sound different from any others so when the Nylander deal happens, I know :laugh:
Yeah, that's how I got to this thread so fast. Only push notification on my phone that vibrates is from the LeafsPR account lol

Reactions: The Man with a Plan

Myopic

Feb 26, 2017
I'm very disappointed with Neilson. He's a big, tough, offensive defenseman with a booming shot, who can hit & fight, which is something the Leafs don't currently have. His skating must absolutely suck if they are giving up on him. Sad.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
I like it. Nielsen wasn't going anywhere and was quickly falling behind in the depth chart.

Klimchuk's put up solid AHL numbers in his last two plus seasons (0.64 PPG) .. Nothing flashy but he's a left winger which is a bit of an organizational need. Could become a bottom line winger, maybe a 3rd line winger at best.

I see him as a bit of a reclamation project ... The Flames probably see something similar with Nielsen. A change of scenery trade. Although Nielsen's been declining since his rookie AHL year and Klimchuk has at least stabilized.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
I'm very disappointed with Neilson. He's a big, tough, offensive defenseman who can hit with a booming shot, which is something the Leafs don't currently have. His skating must absolutely suck if they are giving up on him. Sad.

He has nice offensive tools but his subpar skating with an average to below average defensive IQ makes it really hard for him to be more than a career depth AHLer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->