Confirmed with Link: [TOR/CBJ] TOR acquire Riley Nash for Conditional. 7th Pick in 2022

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008
Columbus Blue Jackets: Inside Riley Nash's Important Supporting Role - The Hockey Writers

The Respect of His Teammates

It’s for this reason that Nash has the respect of everybody in the Blue Jackets’ locker room. Foligno had nothing but praise for the job Nash has done since he got to Columbus.

“I think Nasher doesn’t get the credit he deserves,” Foligno said. “The way he plays and what he provides our team, just first of all his hockey IQ. He’s not one of the flashiest guys but he always seems to always be in the right spot. When you put him with anyone a lot of times, guys really enjoy playing with him because you rely on just where’s he’s going to be and how he plays.”

“He’s been a really valuable player not only on the ice but in the room. He’s a veteran guy, a guy I talk to a lot about our team. He’s a guy that really makes a difference maybe not in a big way but in the little things. You need those players.”

Domi was just put on Nash’s line last game and scored a huge goal. But it didn’t take Domi long to realize how important Nash is to this team.

“He’s unbelievable and he’s such a good guy too,” Domi said. “He’s a great locker room guy. I think it was the only two guys that I hadn’t played with coming into the game (Nash and Robinson.) That was a lot of fun.”

Nash understands that the team is trying to find combinations that work. It hasn’t been easy for him but he knows how important being consistent is.

“There’s a lot of guys that can play in this lineup and it’s going to be changing whether we’re winning or losing,” Nash said. “For me it’s just trying to be as constant (and as) steady as possible. Every time someone is put on my line, they know what to expect from me and the coaching staff knows what they’re going to get out of me. It definitely hasn’t been easy at times. But over the course of your career you slowly start to figure it out. That’s the one thing I try to take pride in is being accountable and ready to play every night.”

DougGilmour93

Feb 7, 2007
Foligno is as good as ours.
We take on Nash’s salary/cash (LTIR)for Columbus and then they turn around and deal us Foligno at 50% therefore it’s like Columbus is not retaining on Foligno (because we took on Nash’s contract). Follow?

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC

There you go again messing with my head man ...
All I see is a greasy veteran that knows how to compete and has a terrific work ethic and isn’t that greyish in the beard ...
I like it ..
Bring a couple more of these in the playoffs
So who’s going zeke ?
15?
47?
I’m sure its Kerplunk
Dubas was the son I never had

Last edited:

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
I got caught up in the whirlwind of everyone here talking about more cap room, but we didn't really get that. We just got Nash free of a cap hit essentially, which I'm fine with. We can now exceed the cap by his salary, but we also have to pay him, so it balances.

Reactions: willmma

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1