Confirmed with Link: [TOR/CBJ] TOR acquire Riley Nash for Conditional. 7th Pick in 2022

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011
Looks like he did:

So they basically used the LTIR room, to acquire another player who is injured, and put him on LTIR as well.

Riley Nash is basically a 2.75M cap hit that is free for the Leafs*

*Provided that he plays in the playoffs.

Yea you are correct they placed Andersen on LTIR to get Nash to fit initially to get him on LTIR. But Nash himself isn’t creating more room for us to play with is mostly what I’m trying to get across, he negates his own LTIR space, and even if we pull Andersen off LTIR now we still fit everyone, so long as Nash stays on LTIR. But assuming we have to plan to activate Andersen before the playoffs, we don’t have that much more space to use. So Andersen’s maneuver was a tool to optimize our ACSL mostly. But it was necessary to temporarily get Nash on the roster like you correctly said.

Shanwhatplan

Mar 31, 2019
Andersen didn’t go on LTIR to make room. Nash is on LTIR already, but he likely did go o LTIR to optimize how much relief we get.
I believe it was stated earlier by a poster that Nash’s salary did have to go on our cap hit, so that’s why Andersen was put on it. Then we were able to put Nash on LTIR as well.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Riley Nash has now been traded twice in his career. First time was in 2010 when he was traded by Edmonton to Carolina for a 2nd round pick that turned into Martin Marincin...his new teammate.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
This is really confusing but I assume he's someone they like for playoff depth to replace Boyd.

But uh... this is still weird.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Looks like he did:

So they basically used the LTIR room, to acquire another player who is injured, and put him on LTIR as well.

Riley Nash is basically a 2.75M cap hit that is free for the Leafs*

*Provided that he plays in the playoffs.

Yup but does CBJ owe us something for saving them $$$$ ?

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Yea you are correct they placed Andersen on LTIR to get Nash to fit initially to get him on LTIR. But Nash himself isn’t creating more room for us to play with is mostly what I’m trying to get across, he negates his own LTIR space, and even if we pull Andersen off LTIR now we still fit everyone, so long as Nash stays on LTIR. But assuming we have to plan to activate Andersen before the playoffs, we don’t have that much more space to use. So Andersen’s maneuver was a tool to optimize our ACSL mostly. But it was necessary to temporarily get Nash on the roster like you correctly said.
Okay I think I got it. How much cap space do the Leafs have to spend?

Shanwhatplan

Mar 31, 2019
I have been one of the biggest critics of Dubas. I think I probably need to eat my words. Getting Brodie, Simmonds, Thornton and Bogo in the off season, and now Nash plus whoever else is coming, great job Dubas!

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad