Confirmed with Link: [TOR/CBJ] TOR acquire Riley Nash for Conditional. 7th Pick in 2022

Leaffan1991

Oct 22, 2016
Canada
I know many won't like this because of lack of offence but Engvall doesn't provide much in offence either, 3rd Line C with Mik and Hyman creating a super matchup line.

SoftDumpNtheCorner88

Jul 5, 2020
Is there another player in the league who's this good defensively and this much of a black hole offensively?
He's like having a 3rd defenseman. Might be useful in defensive zone starts where you need to close out a game or shut down top lines in your own end and line change right after for a fresh Matthews/Tavares when in the OZone.

Last edited:

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
Foligno is as good as ours.
We take on Nash’s salary/cash (LTIR)for Columbus and then they turn around and deal us Foligno at 50% therefore it’s like Columbus is not retaining on Foligno (because we took on Nash’s contract). Follow?
Sticky this prediction and make sure the TS posts this in the new thread if that is the next domino to fall lol

Reactions: DougGilmour93

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Basically Andersen went on LTIR to create room. We purposely didn't ask for any retention on Riley Nash's contract because he's not going to play any regular season game anyways, and then using that room we acquired Nash's 2.75M cap hit and the stashed him on LTIR as well.

So if I get that right, it should mean that the Leafs have more deadline $ than they had before this trade.

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011
Basically Andersen went on LTIR to create room. We purposely didn't ask for any retention on Riley Nash's contract because he's not going to play any regular season game anyways, and then using that room we acquired Nash's 2.75M cap hit and the stashed him on LTIR as well.

So if I get that right, it should mean that the Leafs have more deadline $ than they had before this trade.

Andersen didn’t go on LTIR to make room. Nash is on LTIR already, but he likely did go o LTIR to optimize how much relief we get.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Andersen didn’t go on LTIR to make room. Nash is on LTIR already, but he likely did go o LTIR to optimize how much relief we get.

Looks like he did:

So they basically used the LTIR room, to acquire another player who is injured, and put him on LTIR as well.

Riley Nash is basically a 2.75M cap hit that is free for the Leafs*

*Provided that he plays in the playoffs.

Bellzy

It was 4-1 finally has better meaning….
Jun 30, 2018
Foligno is as good as ours.
We take on Nash’s salary/cash (LTIR)for Columbus and then they turn around and deal us Foligno at 50% therefore it’s like Columbus is not retaining on Foligno (because we took on Nash’s contract). Follow?
Could be likely yes, but why wouldn’t they do it all at once? I’m thinking Nash is our defensive forward and we make a trade for hall as well

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad