Confirmed with Link: [TOR/CBJ] TOR acquire Riley Nash for Conditional. 7th Pick in 2022

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Hope we can add a solid depth defenseman as well.

This was a good move and can work well if Nash is healthy and contributing come playoffs. Otherwise cost a 7th a year from now which does not matter really.

Ideally we can get a solid bottom pairing guy (the guy from the ducks a lot of people here have been mentioning) and have sandin/Lilijgren/rosen/marincin be the 8-11 options

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
Basically an LTIR move with the possibility of him being a warm body in the playoffs.
I see that too so I’m curious to see how we also gain cap space for him.

Anybody can explain it in layman terms to me? :huh: I’d like to understand how we’re gaining cap space, when we’re not dumping salary in return? A 7th round pick we’re giving up counts as zero on the cap. I’m a dumbo when it comes to the cap so please no condescending responses

Excellent that we have the guy who basically wrote the CBA ... whether it was Shanny or Dubas or Lou who brought in Pridholm .... props

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
Anybody can explain it in layman terms to me? :huh: I’d like to understand how we’re gaining cap space, when we’re not dumping salary in return? A 7th round pick we’re giving up counts as zero on the cap. I’m a dumbo when it comes to the cap so please no condescending responses

If a player goes on LTIR, it frees up that player's capspace to use on another player.

Doesn't look like Nash will play until the playoffs, when the cap doesn't matter. So we get that room to use for the rest of the season.

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
Nash is a great depth playoff add and the cap space is gravy
upload_2021-4-9_18-35-58.gif

Reactions: Beleafer34 and zeke

CelticDruid

Oct 23, 2013
Penticton , BC
We've finally landed R. Nash from CBJ!

I remember him from that playoff series against Boston. He has a streak going of making the playoffs too. No cap worries by then either, so... Not much to complain about for a pick hopefully to be in the sixth round. (*if he plays in 25% of our playoff games)

Yeah, he was good in the F/O if I remember right.

Reactions: Buds17

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
If a player goes on LTIR, it frees up that player's capspace to use on another player.

Doesn't look like Nash will play until the playoffs, when the cap doesn't matter. So we get that room to use for the rest of the season.
Awesome now I understand,thanks! Let’s buy aaalllll the LTIR UFA contracts then. A 7th rounder here, a 7th rounder there.

Our management group schools everyone when it comes to daily tip toeing the cap and it’s glorious

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
I see that too so I’m curious to see how we also gain cap space for him.

Excellent that we have the guy who basically wrote the CBA ... whether it was Shanny or Dubas or Lou who brought in Pridholm .... props

Basically we acquire his cap hit, put him on the LTIR, use his cap space and when he's healthy again during the playoffs we can reactivate him where there is no salary cap. So our playoff roster will be over the cap limit, but our regular season roster won't be.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->