Top UFA Targets for the Habs

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
I imagine there is a reason Buffalo bought him out.

He was bought out because if he gets traded and then retires in 5 years Buffalo have massive cap recapture penalties when their team should be entering it's prime.

borisbadenough

Mar 25, 2013
He was bought out because if he gets traded and then retires in 5 years Buffalo have massive cap recapture penalties when their team should be entering it's prime.

He got bought out because he asked to leave the twenty year rebuild that is now Buffalo and the owner , being a nice guy, does not want players who do not want to be there.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
...nope, I'm with you...the last thing we need is more PMDs...:yo:

Yes because there is a limit as to how many good puck movers you can have on the back end. We need more guys that will dump it off our boards instead of being able to carry it. Sure, that makes sense..

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Yes because there is a limit as to how many good puck movers you can have on the back end. We need more guys that will dump it off our boards instead of being able to carry it. Sure, that makes sense..

unless you want a d-corp costing 40 Mil, you have to settle at some point for players who arent as good with the puck...

besides, if Beaulieu makes the team, with him, PK and Markov we'll have a PMD on every pair.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
unless you want a d-corp costing 40 Mil, you have to settle at some point for players who arent as good with the puck...

besides, if Beaulieu makes the team, with him, PK and Markov we'll have a PMD on every pair.

If we sign Ehrhoff or Niskanen, I'm assuming one of Gorges-Emelin would be traded. So it wouldn't be a huge increase on our cap. If we manage to move Briere too, then even better.

If my entire defense could have guys like PK-Markov-Beaulieu then I'd be very pleased. Markov-PK should play together as well, I don't understand this splitting up our D.

JayKing

Go Habs Go
Dec 30, 2011
Montreal
MDZ comparable to Subban they said :biglaugh:

Might not even get a qualifying offer. Meanwhile Subban made the conference finals, has a Norris and made Team Canada's roster :laugh:

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013

Or we could pair PK and Markov together and then have a PMD on the other two pairs.

And, our 2nd PP unit would be Beaulieu and Niskanen/Ehrhoff.

Koivu777

Feb 26, 2012
With the lineup like this:

Pacioretty - Desharnais - Gallagher
Galchenyuk - Plekanec - Gionta
Prust - Eller - Bournival
Moen - White - Weise

Trade: Bourque and Briere

Markov - Subban
Gorges - Emelin
Weaver - Beaulieu
Tinordi

Don't Sign: Bouillon or Murray

Price
Tokarski

Trade: Budaj

I know they are negotiating with Bouillon for a contract, but personally I wouldn't sign him because of his age and now we got young guys that need a spot. Believe me, I liked Bouillon when he was here, smashing people and really being a Beast back there.

Murray I wouldn't sign cuz his liabilities outweigh his assets, but I loved when he would actually take people out of the crease unlike other guys do.

I don't know how this could happen, but it would be a miracle if Bergevin could make a deal shipping out Bourque and Briere.

Also liked Budaj's play, but with Tokarski's play in the season and the playoffs I'd rather have him and also cuz he is younger and cheaper.

In blue are the players that i would sign and expect to see on the team for the next season.

Then for the seven D-men there, they should rotate Weaver, Beaulieu and Tinordi depending who is playing worse at that time.

Finally, I would like to see another top player with the skill like Vanek now that he is gone, then move down Gionta to the 3rd line, Bournival to the 4th line and scratch one of Weise or Moen for the 13th forward.

Let me know what you guys think.

Dagistitsyn

Aug 27, 2011
Nova Scotia
I don't know how this could happen, but it would be a miracle if Bergevin could make a deal shipping out Bourque and Briere.

Let me know what you guys think.

Personally I think Bourque has earned another year with MTL.. Most people want him gone, but two years in a row he showed up HUGE when it really counts.

NLHabsFan

Nov 18, 2008
Alberta
We need to get Subban and Eller signed ASAP so we know how much we have for the UFA period. Barring trades, I don't see the cap room to sign the players we need: RD and RW.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
Don't think we need to sign any FAs unless we want an enforcer.... maybe a veteran defenceman like Robidas or Weaver. We've got to be very careful with our cap considering we've got some significant signings to make next year.

With a new coach and new personnel on the blue line (AKA not Gorges and Bouillon) our PP and offence will hopefully be better.

Our options are through trade, not through overpriced free agents.

Apoplectic Habs Fan

Aug 17, 2002
Almost anything would be an upgrade over the defense we saw last year. How quickly a playoff run seems to make people forget that shoddy team defense was covered by Price.

While I believe a piss poor defense coach doesn't help, the continual inability to make simple outlets, pure reliance on the boards and volleyball passes shows this team needs an upgrade big time.

Analyzer*

Almost anything would be an upgrade over the defense we saw last year. How quickly a playoff run seems to make people forget that shoddy team defense was covered by Price.

While I believe a piss poor defense coach doesn't help, the continual inability to make simple outlets, pure reliance on the boards and volleyball passes shows this team needs an upgrade big time.

No... Mike Weaver is all we need back...

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
Could Clayton Stoner be a fit if we are to trade Gorges away? I haven't watched the Wild much, but from what I've seen, he's a decent bottom 2 pairing guy, that we could have on the FA market for somewhat cheap.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Could Clayton Stoner be a fit if we are to trade Gorges away? I haven't watched the Wild much, but from what I've seen, he's a decent bottom 2 pairing guy, that we could have on the FA market for somewhat cheap.

I'd LOVE Stoner.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad