Top UFA Targets for the Habs

Richiebottles

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 26, 2010
I think a Gorges for Lupul trade would be really interesting.

Or maybe we can add to get JVR..

JUST WAIVE GORGES COME ON.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
I have NO problems giving 2 years to Iginla. Frankly, if the only problem is the last year of anybody's contract, it's actually not a problem. 'Cause you're seeing the end of it at the end of the year. Iginla has been good enough to easily justify 2 years. Even if in his 2nd year, he becomes a less productive 3rd liner. And if it means no Iginla to Boston on top of it....JUST DO IT.

Last edited:

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
I have NO problems giving 2 years to Iginla. Frankly, if the only problem is the last of anybody's contract, it's actually not a problem. 'Cause you're seeing the end of it at the end of the year. Iginla has been good enough to easily justify 2 years. Even if in his 2nd year, he becomes a less productive 3rd liner. And if it means no Iginla to Boston on top of it....JUST DO IT.

I would go 3 yrs on Iggy ...he is a guy who will play at 40 yrs.
At 37 on July 1st......still baggin 30 goals.
Reminds me of the Jagr type longevity...still productive and useful over 40 .

If he played for Boston,it isnt far from Montreal....

Last edited:

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
Minny is offering Vanek a 1-year deal? :laugh:

Thank god for him that other teams will give him the world....but I never though the Wild would go that far. Or that low....

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011

Thank god for him that other teams will give him the world....but I never though the Wild would go that far. Or that low....

the contacted Iginla.....who would you rather have heart wise from 2- 60 pts players...

Vanek is in for a wake up call...that NYI deal i wonder if it's still on the table..lol

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
I think Bergy goes after Iggy. Goals, size, toughness, RW, character. He's exactly what the team is looking for. Plus of the teams that are "contenders", the Habs have cap space to get it done. I think he gets it done by giving him a 3rd year.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
I think Bergy goes after Iggy. Goals, size, toughness, RW, character. He's exactly what the team is looking for. Plus of the teams that are "contenders", the Habs have cap space to get it done. I think he gets it done by giving him a 3rd year.

3 years.....yep. Do it.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011

Might come down to Jerome wanting to come to MTL...

had a NTC in Calgary ,with a list of preferred destinations.....wonder if Mtl was on it or not..

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Might come down to Jerome wanting to come to MTL...

had a NTC in Calgary ,with a list of preferred destinations.....wonder if Mtl was on it or not..

It was a group of 6 and we weren't on it. Although we had just finished last place in the east the year before.

Analyzer*

Sign Iggy, trade gorges, sign weaver,,sign errhoff

Ehrhoff.

After Montreal signs PK and Eller (around 8 and 2), Montreal has about 7.5 mill. (Tinordi and Beaulieu on the team, as well as Budaj)

Gorges frees up 3.9 assuming no salary is retained and no salary comes back.

11.4 mill.

Weaver will cost around 1.5-1.75/

9.9 mill left. Iginla will cost around 6 mill, so 3.9 mill left. Nope, no room for Ehrhoff unless we can trade Moen/Briere/Budaj. We need capspace to call players up.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
It was a group of 6 and we weren't on it. Although we had just finished last place in the east the year before.

and that could be the nail in the Iggy to Montreal as a Ufa....

Ya we beat Boston......maybe he seen a different light on Mtl,or not.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
Ehrhoff.

After Montreal signs PK and Eller (around 8 and 2), Montreal has about 7.5 mill. (Tinordi and Beaulieu on the team, as well as Budaj)

Gorges frees up 3.9 assuming no salary is retained and no salary comes back.

11.4 mill.

Weaver will cost around 1.5-1.75/

9.9 mill left. Iginla will cost around 6 mill, so 3.9 mill left. Nope, no room for Ehrhoff unless we can trade Moen/Briere/Budaj. We need capspace to call players up.

One of Tinordi and Beaulieu won't be with the team. And trade Budaj, keep Tokarski. Do trade Gorges, Moen and Brière please though. That has to be part of the plan. I guess that because it didn't happen yet, it won't give us the best deal ever as teams will see us coming...but better do it anyway. We're not losing a whole lot here.

t0ny

Apr 8, 2008

3 years.....yep. Do it.

Yep i am on this bandwagon too...
I don't know why everyone is throwing Gorges out of town... if there is a nice trade to be made ok but i'am not trading him for scraps.

Agnostic

11 Stanley Cups
Jun 24, 2007

I don't get this , what is the source? Contracts can't be discussed until tomorrow.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad