Proposal: Top pairing puck moving LHD to MTL

Edgy

Nov 30, 2009
What would you offer for Krug? He would be the perfect fit to play with Weber.
Boston would want way too much to trade him within division and to the Habs no less. Also, with his Modified NTC, I'm pretty sure Montreal would be on the list of 8 teams he doesn't want to be traded for lol.

Then you have the fact that he's on the final year of his contract and due for a massive raise, 9-10mil I'm guessing, would require Montreal to overpay above that amount to retain him or lose the assets traded for him for 1 year of service.

Reactions: MilesNewton

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
There's probably a number of prospects Blues would be intrested in. The cupboard is looking pretty stocked in Montreal.

I wouldn't trade cost controlled assets like Harris/Fleury/Brook etc. We need those players too and they have high upside, Juulsen's ELC is done this year which is why i offered him.

We have a lot of possibly big contracts coming up (Domi, Mete, Tatar, Gallagher, Danault, Armia, Lehkonen, KK in next 2 years), can't handcuff ourselves financially. We need those ELC contracts as well.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Not that he’d ever be available, but Sam Girard would be such a perfect stud beside Shea Weber.

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
Erik Gustafsson from Chicago. He scored 60pts last season.

You can have him for Suzuki.

danyhabsfan

Feb 12, 2007
Montreal
Gee, really?

You mean a 25 year old forward is more expensive to acquire than a 28 year old forward coming off multiple concussions with a higher salary?

What a shocker. Who could possibly have predicted that?

We gave up 2 x 2nd for him in 2016 after a 34 pts in 78 games season. He wasn't under contract. (RFA)
We signed him to a hefty 6 years 3.9M/year contract which was a bad deal. (overpaid)

Now he has only 3 years remaining on his deal and 3.9M isn't that much anymore. (Tanev 3.5M...)

He's coming off his best season 47 pts in 63 games season (61 pts pace).

I would have expected to get the same return at least.

61 pts pace in a #1 RW production.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
We gave up 2 x 2nd for him in 2016 after a 34 pts in 78 games season. He wasn't under contract. (RFA)
We signed him to a hefty 6 years 3.9M/year contract which was a bad deal. (overpaid)

Now he has only 3 years remaining on his deal and 3.9M isn't that much anymore. (Tanev 3.5M...)

He's coming off his best season 47 pts in 63 games season (61 pts pace).

I would have expected to get the same return at least.

Frankly you're naive if you think you're going to get the same return for a player three years older with multiple concussions.

It's just silly to think his value wouldn't be affected by being three years older and having injury concerns.

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
I don't see a top pairing LD coming to the Habs this summer. I just don't really see any available unless we're willing to overpay.

Right now we have:

Mete - Weber
Chiarot - Petry
Kulak - Juulsen
(Reilly, Folin)

Any trade to upgrade the LD would likely involve Mete+, sorry to say. Another option that isn't exactly sexy is if we can sign Hutton for cheap where his options are closing, and start Juulsen in Laval

Hutton - Weber
Chiarot - Petry
Kulak - Mete
(Reilly, Folin)

This gives us more depth at least.

Ledge And Dairy

I don't see a top pairing LD coming to the Habs this summer. I just don't really see any available unless we're willing to overpay.

Right now we have:

Mete - Weber
Chiarot - Petry
Kulak - Juulsen
(Reilly, Folin)

Any trade to upgrade the LD would likely involve Mete+, sorry to say. Another option that isn't exactly sexy is if we can sign Hutton for cheap where his options are closing, and start Juulsen in Laval

Hutton - Weber
Chiarot - Petry
Kulak - Mete
(Reilly, Folin)

This gives us more depth at least.
Flames arent interested in Mete. Gally, Danault, and Juulsen would be my 3 of interest for Brodie
(Obviously not all)

Ad

Upcoming events

• Great Britain vs Finland
    Great Britain vs Finland
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $400.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Slovakia
    Kazakhstan vs Slovakia
    Event closes