Value of: Top 4 D Man from Calgary

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Would offer Oilers 1st - top 3 protected - for Hamilton - big softie that he is, we could use his puckmoving ability.

Other than that I wouldn’t offer anything for the other 3. Brodie and Hamonic aren’t worth a major piece and Gio’s too old.

Honestly, the Oilers are better off drafting a defenseman in this year's draft. There are a lot of solid options in the top 10.

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
With Calgary having some pretty good d prospects in the system it has been brought up that they should explore upgrading our offence by trading one of their top 4 d men. Giordano, Hamonic, Brodie, and Hamilton. If you had your choice of the 4, which guy fits your teams needs, and what is a realistic offer from your team for them? Will consider any move that can help the Flames moving forward including high draft picks. No need to get into a flame war here, let's just see what the common value's for these 4 players is around this site.
Andreas Athanasiou (RFA) and Gustav Nyquist for T.J. Brodie and Adam Ruzicka

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
Not bad. However, feel like the Flames can get more elsewhere.
Add Saarijarvi, a prospect who kind of got buried in the AHL because GR has too many defensemen, and Axel Holmstrom, struggled in the AHL adjusting to the NA game but has shown upside in the past.

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
If Oilers get Brady Tkachuk they should trade him for Hamilton.

Flames get a top 6 winger to match with Matthew, and the Oilers get a puck moving RHD.

Fairly even, maybe the Oilers add another piece, but not a huge one

Jagr4President

Nov 16, 2017
Calgary
I agree that brodie will probably go at the draft but I think outside of picks and prospects, Montreal and Toronto are out ( not 100% but what will be asked nobody on this board will agree on the price) senators might be a fit with stone. Zucarello is another but the Detroit trade is interesting. Just my opinion.

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
AA
Nyquist
Turgeon
Saarijarvi

For

Brodie
Fox

No conditions.
We need forward prospects more than d prospects. We already have Hronek and Cholowski doing well, and only Rasmussen up front. Change Fox for a forward. I like Ruzicka and would add to get him in this package as well.

The Red Mile

Dec 18, 2013
Northern B.C.
We need forward prospects more than d prospects. We already have Hronek and Cholowski doing well, and only Rasmussen up front. Change Fox for a forward. I like Ruzicka and would add to get him in this package as well.
Ya I do not think we should be giving up Fox. Would be all over Ruzicka and Brodie for AA and Nyquist.

Reactions: snipetype

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Brodie for Russell and a 2nd.

Hey Friedman says the Flames miss him and they want picks.

make sense

they take a massive downgrade for a pick that is a long shot to make their team based on their drafting record

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Would offer Oilers 1st - top 3 protected - for Hamilton - big softie that he is, we could use his puckmoving ability.

Other than that I wouldn’t offer anything for the other 3. Brodie and Hamonic aren’t worth a major piece and Gio’s too old.

That pick not top 3 isn't even close to worth it for Hamilton, even less so since we aren't rebuilding so have no need to wait for the pick to develop by the time Tkachuk's ELC is done, Gio is reduced to a secondary player and we are nearing the end of Gaudreau and Monahan's contracts.

Reactions: snipetype

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
If you guys didn't trade a similar age Gaudreau (to Nylander at the time) for a younger Dougie, why would we trade a 21 year old Nylander for an older Dougie?

Three-headed Monster is off limits.

For one, he was an unsigned rfa and was a top 4 dman than and now hes a top pairing (I read on a tsn article that both Giordano/more so and Hamilton are both in the top 10-15 for Norris trophy) so to put if he lands lets say 10 (Hamilton) he'd also cost more, he's had a 50 point season also rather than the 41-42 he had withBoston last

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
Andreas Athanasiou (RFA) and Gustav Nyquist for T.J. Brodie and Adam Ruzicka

I like the offer and think it's pretty fair, but Ruz and Dube are the only prospects i really see thriving at forward, but im also pretty bad at judging prospects because i thought Bennett would have broken out by now (soon hopefully) would you add in a second and we add Fox?

The Red Mile

Dec 18, 2013
Northern B.C.
I like the offer and think it's pretty fair, but Ruz and Dube are the only prospects i really see thriving at forward, but im also pretty bad at judging prospects because i thought Bennett would have broken out by now (soon hopefully) would you add in a second and we add Fox?
We are not trading Fox for a 2nd lol. You are bad judging prospects lol

Rockmorton

Oct 26, 2011
If Oilers get Brady Tkachuk they should trade him for Hamilton.

Flames get a top 6 winger to match with Matthew, and the Oilers get a puck moving RHD.

Fairly even, maybe the Oilers add another piece, but not a huge one

Not a bad proposal, I just can’t think of a scenario where Calgary would trade a bonafide number 1D on a sweet contract to their most hated rival for a very good winger.

I think for any team to get Hamilton, the cost would be huge. For the Oilers, it would be ridiculous.

Rorschach

Who the f*** is Trevor Moore?
Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
Draft or sign UFA some offensive help. Giordano is of the age where he'll need replacing soon enough anyway.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad