Value of: Top 4 D Man from Calgary

The Red Mile

Dec 18, 2013
Northern B.C.
With Calgary having some pretty good d prospects in the system it has been brought up that they should explore upgrading our offence by trading one of their top 4 d men. Giordano, Hamonic, Brodie, and Hamilton. If you had your choice of the 4, which guy fits your teams needs, and what is a realistic offer from your team for them? Will consider any move that can help the Flames moving forward including high draft picks. No need to get into a flame war here, let's just see what the common value's for these 4 players is around this site.

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
With Calgary having some pretty good d prospects in the system it has been brought up that they should explore upgrading our offence by trading one of their top 4 d men. Giordano, Hamonic, Brodie, and Hamilton. If you had your choice of the 4, which guy fits your teams needs, and what is a realistic offer from your team for them? Will consider any move that can help the Flames moving forward including high draft picks. No need to get into a flame war here, let's just see what the common value's for these 4 players is around this site.
honestly I see it as a mistake. I see it as a kneejerk reaction to a seeason that didnt go as planned. TJ had a rough season getting used to a new partner, but realistically that defense should only get better, with a year under their belts, Monahan has been hurt and playing with multiple injuries as well so I think its foolish to act rashly at this point. let rasmus and oliver develop until they've earned a top 4 spot, and dont fix something which isnt necessarily broke

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Would offer Oilers 1st - top 3 protected - for Hamilton - big softie that he is, we could use his puckmoving ability.

Other than that I wouldn’t offer anything for the other 3. Brodie and Hamonic aren’t worth a major piece and Gio’s too old.

Reactions: dreamcomehere

The Red Mile

Dec 18, 2013
Northern B.C.
honestly I see it as a mistake. I see it as a kneejerk reaction to a seeason that didnt go as planned. TJ had a rough season getting used to a new partner, but realistically that defense should only get better, with a year under their belts, Monahan has been hurt and playing with multiple injuries as well so I think its foolish to act rashly at this point. let rasmus and oliver develop until they've earned a top 4 spot, and dont fix something which isnt necessarily broke
I don't disagree with you, but it never hurts to see if their is a good deal out there.

Funk21

Mar 6, 2013
Toronto
If you’re down to trade Nylander, that’s a fair trade.

Sure its a fair trade player wise but you only get Hamilton for 3 years of control Vs. potentially 8 of Nylander. Personally I couldn't do it. I would rather go after Carlson even if the AAV will be higher as you don't have to give up an asset.

The Red Mile

Dec 18, 2013
Northern B.C.
Would offer Oilers 1st - top 3 protected - for Hamilton - big softie that he is, we could use his puckmoving ability.

Other than that I wouldn’t offer anything for the other 3. Brodie and Hamonic aren’t worth a major piece and Gio’s too old.
Pretty decent offer if the right player is available in top 5.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
How has Travis Hamonic played this season? I thought I read recently that he's been their best dmen defensively lately?

What would the cost for him be?

Tkachuky

Dec 30, 2009
In the Dome
How has Travis Hamonic played this season? I thought I read recently that he's been their best dmen defensively lately?

What would the cost for him be?
To begin the season he was sub par. He has definitely become steady for us last couple of months. Don't see the Flames trading him any time soon though.

I think Brodie is gone this summer.

Reactions: The General

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
If you’re down to trade Nylander, that’s a fair trade.

If you guys didn't trade a similar age Gaudreau (to Nylander at the time) for a younger Dougie, why would we trade a 21 year old Nylander for an older Dougie?

Three-headed Monster is off limits.

TorontoTrades

Feb 4, 2012
Not sure if that would work. Maybe something like Dermott and your 2018 1st? Think that would be pretty close.

Dermott is off limits. He's probably 2nd to Rielly in least likely to be dealt for D-Men.

Idea of the thread was Calgary has replacement prospects to replace so a D player going back isn't a must.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad