Value of: Top 4 D Man from Calgary

Shootica

Jan 17, 2013
Utica, NY
I get the sense that most of y'all want to move Stone to make room for Andersson next year, and that makes a lot of sense. But as an alternative, would there be any interest in dealing Andersson instead? You'd get a better return while keeping the NHL group intact, and Fox/Kylington should be more than ready to slot in by the time that group needs replacing. Additionally, Stone has a 15 team NTC that might make him hard to deal. If so, what would the asking price be?

Last edited:

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
I get the sense that most of y'all want to move Stone to make room for Andersson next year, and that makes a lot of sense. But as an alternative, would there be any interest in dealing Andersson instead? You'd get a better return while keeping the NHL group intact, and Fox/Kylington should be more than ready to slot in by the time that group needs replacing. Additionally, Stone has a 15 team NTC that might make him hard to deal. If so, what would the asking price be?
Would the return for Andersson really be that high though? Seems the kind of prospect that would have more value after he actually plays a significant amount of time in the NHL.

Feel like we'd be selling low on Andersson after spending three years developing him.

gianni

Apr 8, 2014
Probably higher than you'd think, very rare for a defenceman to be putting up PPG numbers in the NCAA. Value might come down as he approaches his free agent eligibility without an ELC. Personally very high on him, and hope he plays for the Flames.

Goldobin I like and might get your foot in the door, but if Fox is being moved it's probably as part of a package for a more established young scorer.

As for the thread, Stone would be the most likely defender to be getting traded, probably for a pick or a promising young bottom 6 forward. Brodie I really have no idea what his value around the league is, this is a very capable player who is still on the right side of 30 pts in a down year and the right side of 30 years old with some years left on his contract. The only way Treliving should be moving him is for a sniper for the PP or a fast young RWer that has at least one season 40pts or higher.. If he gets moved for a middling 1st and some spare parts I'll be very disappointed.

I actually value Adam Fox pretty highly, and feel he ranks similarly to Cal Foote & Dante Fabbro, but w/ a less certain probability of success. Draft pick-wise, I'd be ok w/ offering a 1st-round pick (in the mid teens) for him.

As for trading for one of Calgary's top-4 d-men, would the Flames consider trading Dougie Hamilton for the Canucks 2018 1st-round pick if one of Andrei Svechnikov or Filip Zadina are available?

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
I actually value Adam Fox pretty highly, and feel he ranks similarly to Cal Foote & Dante Fabbro, but w/ a less certain probability of success. Draft pick-wise, I'd be ok w/ offering a 1st-round pick (in the mid teens) for him.

As for trading for one of Calgary's top-4 d-men, would the Flames consider trading Dougie Hamilton for the Canucks 2018 1st-round pick if one of Andrei Svechnikov or Filip Zadina are available?

I wouldn't trade Hamilton to the East Coast if one of those were available, so that answers your question. But if it's a top 6 pick and a #4 LHD while Wahlstrom is still available, I'd do that trade in regards to Hamilton.

WhoTagz

Jan 28, 2017
Pennsylvania
Hmm Fast is actually an enticing piece, but his production still isn't worth any top 4 Dman 1on1. Fast in package for Brodie or Hamonic would actually get me interested though. But Fast would have to be complimentary in a package for Giordano or Hamilton lol.

Tricky because I think the Rangers are set a RHD can hamonic play LHD if so , maybe something like Fast, Namestikov,Gettinger and a 2nd for Hamonic and a higher second?

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
Flames fan just proposed Brodie straight up for Gallagher so unless he's vastly undervaluing Brodie Lehkonen and a 2nd isn't that bad of an offer. Lehkonen is a solid hockey player
he's a bottom-6er nothing very special there

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
He has 100% shown top six potential, more than likely turns out as a very good third liner but could definitely be a 2nd liner winger. Anyone without the anti-Hab bias who watches him enough will tell you the same.
well hopefully he turns out to be that

treple13

Sep 1, 2013

Given our logjam at RHD, I'd trade Fox for a mid teens 1st rounder. Wouldn't do any lower than that though.

And I would also do Hamilton for a Top 3 pick yes and then I'd pair Brodie back up with Gio.

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
He has 100% shown top six potential, more than likely turns out as a very good third liner but could definitely be a 2nd liner winger. Anyone without the anti-Hab bias who watches him enough will tell you the same.
hes a bottom 6er until he proves otherwise and i dont thnk his profile screams any more than that since in ten years in all manner of leagues hes scored as many as 35 points but once

that doesnt scream guaranteed 2nd liner to anyone

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
hes a bottom 6er until he proves otherwise and i dont thnk his profile screams any more than that since in ten years in all manner of leagues hes scored as many as 35 points but once

that doesnt scream guaranteed 2nd liner to anyone

Scoring isn't everything especially on a team that can't score and notice how i didn't even remotely say he is a guaranteed second liner

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
Scoring isn't everything especially on a team that can't score and notice how i didn't even remotely say he is a guaranteed second liner
no but you dishonestly implied that, thats the problem instead of straight forwardly saying it is my personal belief he could end up a second liner you implied he WOULD be

there is a difference, especially when a player in questuion has a long enough track record to make viable assumptions, arthuri has been around for a long time in seveeral leagues and never scored much.

Your a fan of the team he plays for so your expected to know him bwtter than most so when you imply he's better than he's been it is misleading

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
The Flames already tried to trade for a top-four d-man (Hamonic) and how did that work out for them?.....they'd better pray their non-protected first round lottery pick doesn't end up being a top-five selection for the Isles this year......you can't really ever trade for a legit top-four d-man...you're basically forced to draft and with for their development.

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
no but you dishonestly implied that, thats the problem instead of straight forwardly saying it is my personal belief he could end up a second liner you implied he WOULD be

there is a difference, especially when a player in questuion has a long enough track record to make viable assumptions, arthuri has been around for a long time in seveeral leagues and never scored much.

Your a fan of the team he plays for so your expected to know him bwtter than most so when you imply he's better than he's been it is misleading

Don't see how I did that, I said he could be a top six forward but most likely ends up being a very good third liner. That is almost what I said verbatim. You should maybe check what "imply" means because that I did not

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad