Value of: Top 3 destinations for Pietrangelo?

[VOTE 3] What do you think are the most likely 3 destinations for Pie?

• Total voters

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Bruins and either going to sign Hall and move DeBrusk or sign AP and move Carlo.

I HOPE they run AP and McAvoy on their right side and move Carlo for something like Newhook (understand that specific deal has issues with the expansion draft, but you get the idea...Carlo for young cheap help up front).

The galaxy brain idea is to see if “going for it” Colorado is interested in one year of Krejci and go get BOTH guys, but that is just me being a fan :).

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
Bruins and either going to sign Hall and move DeBrusk or sign AP and move Carlo.

I HOPE they run AP and McAvoy on their right side and move Carlo for something like Newhook (understand that specific deal has issues with the expansion draft, but you get the idea...Carlo for young cheap help up front).

The galaxy brain idea is to see if “going for it” Colorado is interested in one year of Krejci and go get BOTH guys, but that is just me being a fan :).

I don’t hate this idea from the Avs perspective. If the Avs choose the 7/3/1, they could protect Makar, Girard, and Carlo. I think Bynam is off limits as a 1st/2nd year player. Probably Timmons too. Johnson is likely protected by his contract.

Reactions: wintersej

Yog S'loth

Sep 7, 2005
Southern California
I'm late to this party. How exactly does Toronto fit him under the cap again?

Still most likely place for him to land is back in St. Louis.

Other than that, probably some dark horse nobody is expecting, like New Jersey.

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
You would let Graves go after this season?
Do I have 3 better dmen on the roster?

Graves is what he is right now. He’s a complimentary dman. A guy who can play in a top 4 role if he’s paired with a guy better than him, and ideally a 3rd pairing guy.
I’d rather easily let him go if I had a 3rd defenseman better than him.

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009

They’d likely have to move one of the forwards, or have a series of depth depletion moves, followed by cheaper replacements.

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008

They'd have to move pieces around, the same as probably 80% of the other teams?

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
Paraphrasing LeBrun

Leafs #1 target is AP if he makes it there, they likely offer a lower AAV than other teams but will load it with SBs and structure it how ever he wants. If they get him they likely have to move a big salary forward or multiple smaller salary forwards.

If not AP they’re 100% in on finding a top pairing D this offseason so expect them to be busy either way.

He also added that the majority of teams said no additions to payroll and most the teams in the league are hurting right now. Mentioned Vegas and says he’s skeptical that they can make the Lehner deal work because there’s no one to take Fleury right now.

The overdrive crew added if teams are that strapped for cash how many can realistically make a pitch that AP would be happy with and seems like not many.

sergejean

Dec 11, 2007
@9M ish cap hit on a 5-7 year contract, a defenseman like Pietrangelo is a very good signing. St-Louis would be crazy to let him walk at that price. Doesn't matter if the salary cap is moving up or not.

bukwas

Stanley Cup 2022
Sep 27, 2017
St. Louis and other were fairly easy choices. The 3rd one was tough but i settled on Vegas.

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
Trade? Like who? Tavares? Nylander?
To which do you trade them lol?
Trade non of them. Move guys like AJ, Holl, Dermott, Engvall ect... and in a trade or two get a player on LTIR included to gain space like they've done for years

westc2

Nov 2, 2015
St. Louis, MO
I can't see any of those teams being able to afford him...and if he's going to take a discount...he'd likely re-sign in St. Louis.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
I don’t hate this idea from the Avs perspective. If the Avs choose the 7/3/1, they could protect Makar, Girard, and Carlo. I think Bynam is off limits as a 1st/2nd year player. Probably Timmons too. Johnson is likely protected by his contract.

Yeah I think Carlo really rounds out the Avs top 4 and Boston is able to start working in Newhook and Studnicka to take over the Bergeron/Krejci spots over the next few years. Seems win/win if AP can do his part.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
You would let Graves go after this season?

Someone will have to go, and we saw how well it worked out for a lot of the teams that tried too hard to protect certain assets.

Avs do it right, they will lose a good player, but will hopefully have the reinforcements to back fill the position.

Also why I think they may keep Zadorov around for at least 1 more season and move out Cole

axlrose87

Jul 13, 2018
What do you think are the most likely 3 destinations for Pie?

Vote 3.
Toronto- because of his family connections and friends.
Colorado- because Denver is reasonably close to St. Louis and they are a good team.
Vegas- also because of its close proximity to St. Louis and lower taxes.

if he leaves St. Louis, Toronto is the obvious favourite.
Any team can make the money work if they are willing to make some moves

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
Toronto- because of his family connections and friends.
Colorado- because Denver is reasonably close to St. Louis and they are a good team.
Vegas- also because of its close proximity to St. Louis and lower taxes.

if he leaves St. Louis, Toronto is the obvious favourite.
Any team can make the money work if they are willing to make some moves

St Louis to Denver is the same drive as St Louis to Toronto...12.5 hours.

Chicago and Nashville are 4 hour drives.

quityerwhinin

Feb 9, 2017
@9M ish cap hit on a 5-7 year contract, a defenseman like Pietrangelo is a very good signing. St-Louis would be crazy to let him walk at that price. Doesn't matter if the salary cap is moving up or not.

Way too much money for him if you're a contender. On the other hand, if you're a team like Detroit, desperate to improve and have cap space to burn, then fine.

Very good player, but he's not a $9M a year guy with a flat cap for the next few years. Easy pass.

Last edited:

NewEraGM

Jun 19, 2010
Not going to be Montreal. Already Weber and Petry on that side...would be a ridiculous embarrassment of riches to have Petry there. Would rather use money elsewhere

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad