Value of: Top 3 destinations for Pietrangelo?

[VOTE 3] What do you think are the most likely 3 destinations for Pie?

• Total voters

kthx

Bedard to Bruins 2023
Apr 24, 2019
Dont really see how anybody would think he goes to Avs. Oh he's taking 10x2 deal to win a cup as 30yo? psst. he just won one
Most likely Toronto, maybe Jets.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Dont really see how anybody would think he goes to Avs. Oh he's taking 10x2 deal to win a cup as 30yo? psst. he just won one
Most likely Toronto, maybe Jets.
7x2?

The Avs can easily offer him 7 years at 9M if they want. Pietrangelo has zero reason to do a short term deal.

kthx

Bedard to Bruins 2023
Apr 24, 2019
The Avs can easily offer him 7 years at 9M if they want. Pietrangelo has zero reason to do a short term deal.

Can they? 6 RFA's, Makars deal 21 -> Landeskog deal 21 -> Grubauer deal aswell

If Sakic can actually manage to get Pietro to fit under the cap he's a genius. He would be a beast in Avs.
It will be really hard, unless someone like Johnson waives NMC.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Stlouis, Toronto, Colorado I can't see how Vegas gets him because they have to sign Lehner and assuming they do that they will be over the cap.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006

If Sakic can actually manage to get Pietro to fit under the cap he's a genius. He would be a beast in Avs.
EJ doesn’t have to waive anything. He has a list of 11 teams he can’t be traded to. That leaves 19 open for business. Custance has already said teams believe Sakic might move him. Although I don’t think there’s any chance they move him unless they’re certain they’re landing Pietrangelo.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Lol no they can't unless were just gonna play Musical Captains for the foreseeable future. Tavares walks 2 years ago, Pavelski last year, Pietrangelo this year, Landeskog the next.
It would be EJ leaving, not Landeskog. This topic has already been beaten to death. Likely all moot since I doubt Pietrangelo wants to go to Colorado but if he decides to you’ll almost certainly see EJ on the move like mentioned in the Athletic article.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018

You’re right. The Avs can’t easily offer him a longer deal without it potentially causing problems down the road.

Keep in mind that if Pietrangelo goes to Toronto, it helps the Avs because it weakens St Louis. He’d be out of the west.

I think the Avs should be involved long enough to drive up the price for Toronto and then step away.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Colorado would be the best fit, Boston was rumored to be interested in OEL can't see how they don't go after Peitrangelo instead .
Toronto because there's this air around it that he'll alone solve their issues

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
Let's clear the air a bit.

Petro got the number he wanted. He got the years wanted. What he didn't get was he wanted 40% 50% of his pay to be paid out as a bonus every year. That was the only sticking point. Right now they are playing chicken. Let's see who blinks

Agreed, I think there is very little chance he actually plays in any uniform other than a Blues uniform. This feels like a negotiating tactic.

Reactions: SwivelSchwartz

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Ruthe
Agreed, I think there is very little chance he actually plays in any uniform other than a Blues uniform. This feels like a negotiating tactic.

It was reported that Petros agent has been the reason these negotiations have gone the way they have.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad