Top 10 Fastest Skaters in NHL

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
Fastest is probably Andreas Athanidnioawdnwaoid

McDavid is definitely fastest with the puck.

He wouldn't be far behind McDAvid even with the puck.:) Kid has the skill too. That right there is a McDavid type goal.

ChiefWiggum

Dec 17, 2016
Newfoundland
I think a lot of people overlook Jonathan Drouin with this. What's amazing is, when he was drafted, the one knock on him was his skating/speed. Two years later he won the fastest skater competition and, at that time, was really not close to as fast as he is right now. He was about the 3rd or 4th fastest player on the team. Now, he's unquestionably the fastest Lightning player and it seems like he gets a little faster every year.

[NHL2]t-283249436/c-47657803[/NHL2]

Did scouts actually have a problem with his skating in Halifax? He seemed to skate way better than recent prospects like Dylan Strome or Sam Reinhart

ijuka

May 14, 2016

He wouldn't be far behind McDAvid even with the puck.:) Kid has the skill too. That right there is a McDavid type goal.

According to Blue Line to Blue Line, that actually wasn't all that fast. Far slower than that one Miles Wood clip.

Then again, it still was very fast and he didn't exactly seem to be quite going full steam.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
According to Blue Line to Blue Line, that actually wasn't all that fast. Far slower than that one Miles Wood clip.

Then again, it still was very fast and he didn't exactly seem to be quite going full steam.

Maybe but he went the full 200 feet unlike Wood had to. AA has fluid skating to go with the speed, it's deceptive. He makes it look easy sometimes.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Maybe but he went the full 200 feet unlike Wood had to. AA has fluid skating to go with the speed, it's deceptive. He makes it look easy sometimes.

Yeah, that's true. AA might have the advantage when the distance is a bit longer, or it's later in the shift.

Dukeordan

Apr 15, 2016
Jack Eichel. He is so fast that Evander Kane can't even keep up with him... And Kane is extremely fast too. I think why people don't realize this is because of his style of skating (and the fact he plays in Buffalo). He has an upright stance and it doesn't seem like he's skating as fast as he really is. Connor McDavid even said Eichel is the fastest skater he's ever seen in person. And 2 more that aren't great players (yet) but can absolutely fly!!! Nick Baptiste and ,Justin Bailey. In fact, McDavid also said Baptiste is the fastest player he's ever played with (in Erie) and admitted he's faster than him.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Kapanen hasn't been around long enough in the league but next year will be a bit of an awakening around the league. Kid is just lights-out-fast.

Narow

Nov 11, 2016
Kapanen hasn't been around long enough in the league but next year will be a bit of an awakening around the league. Kid is just lights-out-fast.

Yep kapanen has like 8 gears. One rush in the playoffs was unlike anything ive seen. He had the puck by the boards in his own zone and skated towards center of his own zone then turned to the center in neutral zone while accelerating in wicked fashion. I dont know if i was caught up in the moment but it fellt as if some caps players didnt have time to turn around before he was past them in the neutral zone.

Definatly looking forward to see his speed next season.

His dad won a fastest skater comp or two so he has learned from one of the best ^^

Cant wait :)

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
I've seen Gartner, Bure and Fedorov play. I've never seen anyone get as many breakaways as Michael Grabner.

Only takes Grabner a few strides to be near full speed. While all 3 are very fast I think Grabner, Hagelin, and then Kreider in terms of the speed of those 3 rangers/ex rangers.

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
Only takes Grabner a few strides to be near full speed. While all 3 are very fast I think Grabner, Hagelin, and then Kreider in terms of the speed of those 3 rangers/ex rangers.

Leafs have a few players who are fast but no true missile.
I have also noticed that top speed isn't as important as 1st step, more importantly is the skill to make plays at speed(IMO its what makes McDavid elite)

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Leafs have a few players who are fast but no true missile.
I have also noticed that top speed isn't as important as 1st step, more importantly is the skill to make plays at speed(IMO its what makes McDavid elite)
I was only discussing Ranger related players because they are tge ones I see most. I agree with you regarding the starts. I think quickness can be more important than flat out speed once inside the blueline. I think there are probably around 10 super fast players that are very close to the top. I think McDavid, Larkin, Grabner, and Hags have to be in that mix for obvious reasons.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad