Post-Game Talk: Too Little Too Late - Jets Fall In Game 4 (2-1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
I don't know about anyone else but I don't find it particularly healthy that Perreault is creating a bit of a side show about him playing or not. Do the Jets really need this distraction? Is this what the focus should be? A bit selfish imo.
What's he supposed to say?

Dayofthedogs

Bettman's hammer
Feb 20, 2016
Winnipeg
This isn't the point to me and I think it distorts the argument. Roslo simply gives that line a better chance of being effective offensively, nothing more than that. It's not about taking minutes away from other lines, it's about making them as good as they can be for the time they are out there. I don't know why the difference has to be that dramatic, if it gives the Jets a slight uptick in chances for, do it, maybe it does make a difference.

I find the argument that it's all irrelevant anyway to be a cop out.

How is it a cop out? We can literally break down a players estimated impact on a game. When that player is playing around 8mins 5vs5 that will minimize the impact even more.

It's a team of 18 skaters and usually 1 goalie and the guy we are bitching about has the 19th most impact out of those 19 players.

Roslovic does provide more offense but on the whole his added offense is a minute boost in the grand scheme of things and I've generally seen every threads discussion not to mention dumb brand new threads continue to revolve around Literally the least important position out of 19

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
I don't know about anyone else but I don't find it particularly healthy that Perreault is creating a bit of a side show about him playing or not. Do the Jets really need this distraction? Is this what the focus should be? A bit selfish imo.

Its the kind of thing that gets you traded

ocdaddy

Nov 3, 2013
Winnipeg
Don't make excuses. That is just sad.
Just analyses.

Maybe Buff's slash was more egregious and worthy of a penalty than all of the stick work going on from everyone else. Or maybe it was a function of this idea of a ref giving both sides equal powerplays. What do you think?

Dayofthedogs

Bettman's hammer
Feb 20, 2016
Winnipeg
random-dots.jpg

I completely understand variation and randomness. What's the point here?

Is 50ish shot attempts during the most important time of the year not enough for me to hope he has more than 1 goal?

I'm not shitting on him but I generally expect Laine to score more. Why does saying that seem like I don't understand randomness?

He's had some excellent looks

thegr8one66

Mar 22, 2010
Winnipeg
Laine did exactly what Nashville wanted. Laine barely pushed Josi and he went for a big dive. The refs are too stupid to realize that.
NSH knew that a Jet would come in right away and he was smart enough to draw a penalty to even things out. Yes he dove, but there's no reason to come in and retaliate and give away a PP.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Utterly boring game to watch especially after the amazeballs that was the previous game but the one thing most of us have learnt this season is we typically bounce back really well so I'm very hopefully a stronger game will be played Saturday. When we are physical and use our speed there is no team in the league that can outplay us, Jets in 6.

The only thing that kept 15,000 people from nodding off is the fact it was a playoff game. If this had been a regular season game mid-week in January you would have heard people snoring.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
How is it a cop out? We can literally break down a players estimated impact on a game. When that player is playing around 8mins 5vs5 that will minimize the impact even more.

It's a team of 18 skaters and usually 1 goalie and the guy we are *****ing about has the 19th most impact out of those 19 players.

Roslovic does provide more offense but on the whole his added offense is a minute boost in the grand scheme of things and I've generally seen every threads discussion not to mention dumb brand new threads continue to revolve around Literally the least important position out of 19
I think you confuse the people "bitching" about it with those who want to have an actual rational discussion about it. You seem to want to spin everyone's argument into this being the reason the Jets lost and it was the most important factor. Only a few extreme people are hanging their hat on that. 19th most impact or not, Roslovic represented a better opportunity for the Jets to produce offensively for the 8 minutes 5v5 he would have been out there with Copp and Armia, so do it. Optimize your lineup when you have the choice, that's all. Maurice isn't the dumbest guy alive because he didn't do it, but it's ok to say he should have.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
I completely understand variation and randomness. What's the point here?

Is 50ish shot attempts during the most important time of the year not enough for me to hope he has more than 1 goal?

I'm not ****ting on him but I generally expect Laine to score more. Why does saying that seem like I don't understand randomness?

He's had some excellent looks

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Disagree. I don't see this as Perreault trying to start something. Perreault always tells it like it is in his interviews and is always frank. Last season he said in interviews that goaltending needs to be better and that the Jets were considering tradeing/moving him in the expansion draft when asked,

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
He doesn't have a filter. He has shown that over and over again. Still, putting him on the 4th line makes us arguably the deepest offense in the league, so I'm willing to take the good with the bad.

Ducky10

Nov 14, 2014
What's he supposed to say?
Well. fair enough but it just seems to me as coming across as throwing the coach under the bus a bit. Maybe just saying he's ready to play when called upon. I don't know, maybe it's just my perception but it has a touch of drama to it. I could be wrong.

Ducky10

Nov 14, 2014
Disagree. I don't see this as Perreault trying to start something. Perreault always tells it like it is in his interviews and is always frank. Last season he said in interviews that goaltending needs to be better and that the Jets were considering tradeing/moving him in the expansion draft when asked,
Fair ball.

Lowered Expectations

Marner money
Feb 3, 2017
NSH knew that a Jet would come in right away and he was smart enough to draw a penalty to even things out. Yes he dove, but there's no reason to come in and retaliate and give away a PP.
So it’s ok to do nothing and send a signal they don’ care what You do to their teammates and thus declare open season on dirty play with possible injuries. I disagree. That being said perhaps a bit overreaction since Scheif seemed to be ok. But next time he may not be.

NotCommitted

Jul 4, 2013
I complained about this in the GDT already, but I have to say I'm a bit disappointed in the home crowd last night. This was a game where the crowd could've made a difference for once. You could see for a big part of the game the arena pretty much died along with the Jets game as Nashville managed to completely take the flow out of their game. I honestly believe a good crowd could've made a difference. When the arena goes dead like that, it just reinforces for the Jets nothing is happening and boosts the feeling Nashville has that they've got things under control. Now if you got a thundering crowd with urgent chants instead, I think it could really change the vibe for the players of both teams. The Preds will feel more like they are under pressure and the Jets will feel more like they are actually doing something. The crowd doesn't have to follow what's going on on the ice, they can take active part in changing that by acting against what happens in the play. The crowd last night didn't do that.

NotCommitted

Jul 4, 2013
And for crying out loud, leave all the Jets 1.0 traumas behind, let go, this is a different team and a lot of folks on these boards show a really bad loser mentality when things are not going the Jets way. I imagine a lot of these people also sometimes go to the games. Don't bring that crap into the arena. This is a new team with new players, not some forever loser team.

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
I complained about this in the GDT already, but I have to say I'm a bit disappointed in the home crowd last night. This was a game where the crowd could've made a difference for once. You could see for a big part of the game the arena pretty much died along with the Jets game as Nashville managed to completely take the flow out of their game. I honestly believe a good crowd could've made a difference. When the arena goes dead like that, it just reinforces for the Jets nothing is happening and boosts the feeling Nashville has that they've got things under control. Now if you got a thundering crowd with urgent chants instead, I think it could really change the vibe for the players of both teams. The Preds will feel more like they are under pressure and the Jets will feel more like they are actually doing something. The crowd doesn't have to follow what's going on on the ice, they can take active part in changing that by acting against what happens in the play. The crowd last night didn't do that.

We’re you at the game last night? Did you know what the crowd was doing during tv timeouts?

If you weren’t at the game I suggest you buy a ticket to the next game. Some nice tickets available. Lead the Charge!

The crowd is not why we lost this hockey game.

Reactions: sipowicz

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
And for crying out loud, leave all the Jets 1.0 traumas behind, let go, this is a different team and a lot of folks on these boards show a really bad loser mentality when things are not going the Jets way. I imagine a lot of these people also sometimes go to the games. Don't bring that crap into the arena. This is a new team with new players, not some forever loser team.

The dissenters come out hard after any loss. For giggles to the start of this season or a month before and go through the threads there. There is a contingent of posters who hate True North,want Chevy to be fired and PoMo to be replaced. You could go even deeper and see things like Lowry is terrible and should be gone,Buff contract was horrible,etc.etc..

This whole year and playoff run must be hard for them, I mean we were supposed to be very bad and well were not. The "process" which was heavily criticized, is actually working and that can only infuriate them more. If we lose this series wait till you see the reaction then

thegr8one66

Mar 22, 2010
Winnipeg
So it’s ok to do nothing and send a signal they don’ care what You do to their teammates and thus declare open season on dirty play with possible injuries. I disagree. That being said perhaps a bit overreaction since Scheif seemed to be ok. But next time he may not be.
Exactly. Do nothing and beat them on the scoreboard. Capitalize on PP chances. Beats proving you're "tough" and negating a good chance to win. What does it's really prove? Is NSH going to change they way they play all of a sudden because a Jet came in to defend a teammate? No. The only thing it proves to them is that the Jets will take an even-up penalty 9/10 times.

Reactions: AlphaLackey

Robinson2187

Registered Schmoozer
Nov 22, 2015
Comox BC
Seriously the first penalty on Laine was BS and he calls a cheap penalty slash on Buff. The puck bounced for the Preds tonight ... the first goal when off 2 Jets and just sat there. The Preds played the trap showing they can't beat the Jets unless they get lucky. Saying all that ... I agree the Jets were not skating and time to put Connor back on the #1 line. Ehlers did not do anything to improve the #1 line ... did they have any scoring chance?
KC has been bad in this series. Why should he be on the top line?

Jedub

Registered Lurker
Nov 21, 2013
Winnipeg
So let's be complacement with the same mistakes/decisions made game after game and just be happy to be here in the playofs tied 2-2 with NSH? Being successful isn't just participating in the playoffs. That's loser talk. Success is actually winning a championship. Tired of these "we're-young-so-it's-ok-if-we-lose mentalities"...and.."we're just learning how to play hockey in the playoffs". Winners don't think that way. They always think they have a chance to win regardless of the situation.

Problem is, we have a doofus coach that's not setting up the Jets to win. I've never been a fan of his, so this isn't some new opinion that came from a Game 4 loss.

Too bad if you're tired of those narratives. It's the truth. Our team is extremely young. They don't come pre-programmed. That's why Morrissey is so outstanding - because he looks like he's done this all before when he actually has not. It's obvious that every Jet believes they can win, and so do I and most of the posters here do too. But if you think that 19-21 year olds are just gonna magically will themselves to a perfect game, every game, in their first experience with the toughest situations in hockey, well (...)

Last edited by a moderator:

Nick Lang

May 14, 2015
Hey guys long time Canucks fan but also long time Jets fan.

Totally off topic but was the game shown in its entirety on cable? My pops and I are arguing ... Lol he figures you couldn't watch the game until the pens game was over.

I'm in Saskatoon and I have (barf) Shaw Cable.

Hulide

Jul 12, 2017
Well. fair enough but it just seems to me as coming across as throwing the coach under the bus a bit. Maybe just saying he's ready to play when called upon. I don't know, maybe it's just my perception but it has a touch of drama to it. I could be wrong.
You wrong? :D NEVER!! :D Perreault is fine no drama about it :thumbu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad