Player Discussion Tomas Tatar

Status
Not open for further replies.

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
I see him on the team next year, with a similar role and producing around 25 goals and 50 points.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
A lot of guys you have putting up Tatar kind of numbers are high skill low motivation guys who do not put in a nightly effort or 200 foot game. Tatar does put in that kind of game so he is a player you like to have in your line up.

Having said that, Tatar has 2 years left on his contract where he gets paid $5.3M per. So the question is how does he and his potential contract fit with the team longer term. Play wise he fits really well for me. Its the other stuff to think about.

Last edited:

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
Great player, great year with us. Still though, can't see him sticking long term. Probable trade bait before his current contract is up. Doubt we trade him this offseason though so I hope he can keep it up. Definitely one of the the players, which were many, that exceeded my expectations this year.

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
A lot of guys you have putting up Tatar kind of numbers are high skill low motivation guys who do not put in a nightly effort or 200 foot game. Tatar does put in that kind of game so he is a player you like to have in your line up.

Having said that, Tatar has 2 years left on his contract where he gets paid $5.3M per. So the question is how does he and his potential contract fit with the team longer term. Play wise he fits really well for me. Its the other stuff to thonk about.

Technically 4.8M since Vegas is retaining 0.5M each year

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

Walrus26

Wearing a Habs Toque in England.
May 24, 2018
Peterborough, UK
Only one player with most than 20 games, with Corsi % above 60 % (60,1 %).

The Danault line has been an ES dominator all season. Top bombing from what most would (fairly) consider to be a gang of second liners. Wasn't Tatar a scratch at Vegas in the end?

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
“I really like Jatoba. Joe Beef.”

“Dirty question... Montreal reminds me of home a little more... Because of the language and the way the city is built.”

“I used to play a lot of street hockey when I was young. That was my go to sport and I enjoyed myself. You can get a lot of crazy stuff out there. It's fun. Just strike that fun out there and try new things. Hockey is fun when you're having fun... That should be the rule.”

“We've been preparing for this 2019's IIHF World Championship from about two weeks... Nobody expected a crowd like this. It's something that let you going for sure. We're the underdogs. Battling for sixty minutes.”

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Just love that he drives play and actually creates offense unlike Patio. Fun to see who we get with that 2nd. Thank you, Rivet.

Brownies

A lot of peoples have reverted back to negativity, but I don’t care. I’ve really enjoyed the habs games this year with Tatar, Domi, Kotkaniemi et al. I’d be glad if we keep Tatar after this current contract. I can identify with this current team and hope to see what they can do together when they make the playoffs.

Guns n Roses

Feb 26, 2019
Et la premiere etoile.. tonight’s first star... TOMASHHH TATARRR !

3A7FD7EF-7E1F-4D77-BDCA-EF78D6059589.jpeg

F850565B-3B57-42D0-A49D-36377DDFD084.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
MON has two more years for Tatar at only 4.8 Cap because Vegas is paying 500K of his 5.3M contract until the end of it! Tatar's case, other than that he is younger than Petry (28 VS 31) isn't very different the the veteran D when it comes to having ways of establishing an even higher trade value with a contender this season.

By holding 2.4M from Tatar's remaining Cap hit for two more years after this one. MON would be providing a contender with a veteran top-6 scorer, realistically good for 25 goals and 50 points, playing a two-way game, capable of displaying some speed and good for three cracks at a Cup for next to nothing at 2.4M towards that team's Cap.

How much more valuable would that be for a Cap-strapped team with star youngsters paid through the roof (TOR, EDM, etc.)?

If EDM is in the playoff hunt at the trade deadline, given their precarious Cap situation going forward, just how valuable would Tatar be for them as a speedy veteran scoring winger that can process the game at high speed alongside McDavid?

Would Tatar at 2,4M and Kulak not be worth the more expensive Nurse and a late 1st rounder? I'd consider giving Mete instead if they added a second rounder and a third rounder. Then, I'd really try to land Gardiner as a UFA.

In the short term, the D could look like this:

Gardiner - Weber
Nurse - Petry
Kulak - Juulsen

Fleury

while Brook played big minutes in Laval and romaine played an expanded role in the KH: for CSKA Moscow.

In two years, the D could be:

Gardiner - Weber
Nurse - Petry
Romanov - Brook

Juulsen, Fleury

and perhaps we could trade Juulsen as part of a package to upgrade our forward situation.

IMO, a D like the last one projected just above has three sets of puck-moving Ds with a more offensive element and a more defensive element on each pairing to complement the Ds.

Tatar is our best winger after Gallagher, so for that reason alone, no.

Guns n Roses

Feb 26, 2019
Tatar is our best winger after Gallagher, so for that reason alone, no.
First of all we don’t want Gardiner, he’s got the Beaulieu brain half the time.

Nurse for Tatar retained + something is a yes for me. But Kulak is off the table. They can have Mete.

Nurse - Weber
Kulak - Petry
Benn - Folin

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

Nurse for Tatar retained + something is a yes for me. But Kulak is off the table. They can have Mete.

Nurse - Weber
Kulak - Petry
Benn - Folin

I would love Nurse on our team but the Oilers are not trading him. You might have to offer Gallagher to make them think and they still might say no.

Stick with what we have or sign Edler for 3 years at a high AAV if he reaches UFA

Reactions: Guns n Roses

Guns n Roses

Feb 26, 2019
I would love Nurse on our team but the Oilers are not trading him. You might have to offer Gallagher to make them think and they still might say no.

Stick with what we have or sign Edler for 3 years at a high AAV if he reaches UFA
We’re getting Karlsson anyways, our D will be set, this is arguably one of or the best defense core in the league.

Kulak - Karlsson
Mete - Weber
Benn - Folin

Yes I’m bringing Benn back for a year on the cheap.. Reilly sucks, and we have nothing better than Benn in the system for the left side.

We can keep Tahhh Tarrr and hopefully another 25 goals next season! Love what Tatar brings to our team, great 2 way player, he was a +21 last season, led the team!

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
We’re getting Karlsson anyways, our D will be set, this is arguably one of or the best defense core in the league.

Kulak - Karlsson
Mete - Weber
Benn - Folin

Yes I’m bringing Benn back for a year on the cheap.. Reilly sucks, and we have nothing better than Benn in the system for the left side.

We can keep Tahhh Tarrr and hopefully another 25 goals next season! Love what Tatar brings to our team, great 2 way player, he was a +21 last season, led the team!

I think there are a few options we can do but not sure Benn will take less to stay with the Habs cause I think he will get offers from $2-$3M range on a short term deal. Likely too expensive for us. But if we can get him back for something $2M or under on a one year deal, I would be ok with that.

Kulak / Karlsson
Mete / Weber
Benn / Juulsen
Folin

Petry / Karlsson
Mete / Weber
Kulak / Juulsen
Folin

Kulak / Karlsson
Mete / Weber
Reilly or Folin / Juulsen

Edler / Karlsson
Mete / Weber
Kulak / Juulsen
Folin

Jul 6, 2016
Edler and his family love Vancouver. I doubt he's gonna leave them.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012

Nurse - Weber
Kulak - Petry
Benn - Folin

sweet Jiminy Christmas you have Kulak over Mete?

Guns n Roses

Feb 26, 2019
sweet Jiminy Christmas you have Kulak over Mete?
Ughhhhh you’re dam right I do. Kulak is a great defenseman, he does it all, his numbers were sweet last year. Mete is good but he’s a midget who struggles physically and his offense is lacking.

Kulak > Mete ,,,, All day long and twice on Sunday

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Ughhhhh you’re dam right I do. Kulak is a great defenseman, he does it all, his numbers were sweet last year. Mete is good but he’s a midget who struggles physically and his offense is lacking.

Kulak > Mete ,,,, All day long and twice on Sunday

so you'd protect Kulak and not Mete in the expansion draft? I just need to get this straight for my files.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad