Player Discussion Tomas Tatar

Status
Not open for further replies.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
Kulak is superior. He’s a significantly better hockey player. All Mete has over him is super speed.

Mete:

- Turbo Speed
- Muffin Shot
- Physically Challenged
- Good Defensively
- Midget

Nothing special at all.. Very “meh” player

this is obviously not a Mete thread but i can't disagree with you more...

Mete is the type of player you will clearly notice when he's not in your line up, Call me crazy but Mete does way more good to Weber than the way around. 90% of Dman are not even in the NHL at his current age and he's playing top line minutes against top opposition. yes he's undersize and will never be a physical force but god damn the kid can defend. his stick work and positioning and how fast he reposition to keep possesion or defend in the Dzone is absolutly OUTSTANDING. You can talk about his offensive production but he will get better and better and that is WHILE getting even better in his own zone. The kid hasn't even played on the powerplay... and people are bashing his offensive stats.

Just so you know this season
Even strenght

Doughty
Game played: 82 Goal: 1 Assists: 19 Points: 20

Mete
Game played: 71 Goal: 0 Assists: 13 Points: 13

not comparing him to doughty but i highly rate Mete. just putting this out there to show you how even strenght production doesn't always show justice, Mete does so many good things that people don't consider because they are blind with the stats that contain a 0 next to it. he'll eventually get it at some point and he'll unlock. not saying he'll score 15 a season, but he's definitely goinf to be a 35-40pts ish player with around 5-7 goal a season with exellent Dzone play and to me, thats his floor.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
Mete will get better, but he doesn’t have the toolbox nor does he have many tools to put in there. He’ll never be a Torey Krug no matter how much we wish it. His ceiling is probably somewhere around 50-60% Krug. Why do we have to let our love for our players cloud our judgement? You wouldn’t look at Mete twice if he was a Bruin, you would be happy to play against him because he’s pretty easy to play against when you lean on him.

Except being the best skating prospect this team has had in ages. Just a marvel, agility and speed wise.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I can’t fathom how people dislike Mete. It’s mind-blowing. Once Mete gets a shot (which he’s working on this summer), he’s going to amazing.

He may never get a shot. But he's all over the ice. He can jump into the offense and get back on D as well as anyone. I think once he gets more comfortable handlimg the puck on a rush and in scoring position, the points, the offensive results, will start to come.

He's like tory krug in that they're both small and will have to work at their game to be effective defensively. But they're pretty different other than that.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Not sure what's up with him so far, but he's been really bad. Vegas bad...

This team is going to need last year's version of Tatar to show up.

Reactions: Tanknation

Tanknation

Feb 24, 2012

Definitely hurt team much more than helped so far, especially with the amount of dumb penalties that cost us goals in Toronto and Buffalo

Reactions: Tuggy

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Definitely hurt team much more than helped so far, especially with the amount of dumb penalties that cost us goals in Toronto and Buffalo

Can't remember the penalty Tatar had in the Leafs game but the calls on him in the Sabres game were questionable and far from dumb. Or are you talking about the entire team and penalties we got?

Reactions: angusyoung

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

No he has not been that bad. However, the entire line was bad last night. Gallagher was -3 and Danault/Tatar were each -2.

Lets face it, there are a lot of players not up to par. Lets not blame it on one or two of them only but I guess that's the Montreal thing to do. Drouin is safe for a bit I guess.

Tanknation

Feb 24, 2012
Can't remember the penalty Tatar had in the Leafs game but the calls on him in the Sabres game were questionable and far from dumb. Or are you talking about the entire team and penalties we got?
Team and Tatar he had 2 penalties in Toronto that cost us and 2 in Buffalo where they scored as well. Regardless, he should not be putting himself in situations to take dumb penalties. Add to the fact, he has been bad so far this year does not help either.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Team and Tatar he had 2 penalties in Toronto that cost us and 2 in Buffalo where they scored as well. Regardless, he should not be putting himself in situations to take dumb penalties. Add to the fact, he has been bad so far this year does not help either.

I don't believe he took dumb penalties.

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
Tatar killed this team in Buffalo with two lazy penalties. He's done nothing offensively. He's been a big zero this year so far.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Tatar killed this team in Buffalo with two lazy penalties. He's done nothing offensively. He's been a big zero this year so far.

The season's almost over. He doesn't have much time to improve on his atrocious 3 points in 4 games pace.

Plus, Suzuki's not even NHL ready yet. Wish we could re-do the Tatar-Suzuki-Norlinder-Leguerrier trade for Pacioretty - the young work-horse, that was the perfect captain.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
I don't recognize him. I wasn't used by this bad part of Tuna when he's playing with our colors. I wonder if it's only a short slump who'll be gone soon.

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
The season's almost over. He doesn't have much time to improve on his atrocious 3 points in 4 games pace.

Plus, Suzuki's not even NHL ready yet. Wish we could re-do the Tatar-Suzuki-Norlinder-Leguerrier trade for Pacioretty - the young work-horse, that was the perfect captain.
He's riding the coattails of his linemates offensively. Have you watched the games? He's done nothing but take penalties that have lost them games.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
He's riding the coattails of his linemates offensively. Have you watched the games? He's done nothing but take penalties that have lost them games.

Were his linemates the reason he scored that big goal in Carolina?

He almost won the game for us in Buffalo, but hit the inside of the post.

He's a finisher that's been good on the forecheck. He definitely needs to stop with the penalties. But part of his game is a hard forecheck and to play close to the line. He's definitely got to find the line again and not go over it.

TannedBum

Jul 23, 2014
He almost won the game for us in Buffalo, but hit the inside of the post.
Buffalo scored twice because of Tuna. Tuna hit the post and "almost won the game for us". I don't see the logic here. Your math doesn't add up.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Buffalo scored twice because of Tuna. Tuna hit the post and "almost won the game for us". I don't see the logic here. Your math doesn't add up.

Can't argue with that. But after like 7 years in the league, where he averaged at most a penalty per 4 games and now after averaging a penalty a game over 4 games, it's a bit of a small sample size to say all he does is take penalties.

Thise penalties have been killer. But I expect him to re-adjust and revert back to last year and no take so many going forward.

Reactions: Astormynight

A55P2

Jul 14, 2009
Québec, Québec
What good has overreacting done to you guys recently (Armia out of the lineup, Drouin needs to be traded, Kulak nothing more than a 7d after two games)?

I'd say this year is the pinnacle of shit posting I've seen on this board.

Stop with all the drama and let him finds his game, he's gonna be fine.

angusyoung

The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar

The calls on TT were marginal and often go penalized. So far so much officiating has been atrocious thru out the league.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
The calls on TT were marginal and often go penalized. So far so much officiating has been atrocious thru out the league.

The interference was one that they sometimes call and sometimes don't. Contact was made but the apposing forward did not have control of his body and Tatar moved like a few inches. Was it a dumb move by Tatar? Not really cause this slips through the cracks a lot!

The slashing call is more ridiculous. He touched him and this is another call that doesn't get called unless it's more physical and noticeable where a stick is broken or the other player loses puck possession.

Those two calls were far from being dumb. Tatar was a victim of the refs being inconsistent in calling penalties and they cherry picked.

Reactions: angusyoung
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad