Player Discussion Tomas Tatar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil Parent

Sorel, 'fant d'chienne!
Feb 4, 2005
Sorel-Tracy, Quebec
I think they said the other night that the second round pick turned into Romanov, so the deal will probably be even better.

I still believe pacioretty will fade away rather than continue having a good career too. I just have that feeling about him. It’s weird but it reminds me of when Leaf fans started hating Sundin. I just can’t stand pacioretty despite his past goal scoring.

No, that's the second rounder we got with Danault for Weise & Fleischmann. Meaning THAT deal got even better, if it wasn't good enough.

Reactions: HabsQC

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
I think they said the other night that the second round pick turned into Romanov, so the deal will probably be even better.

I still believe pacioretty will fade away rather than continue having a good career too. I just have that feeling about him. It’s weird but it reminds me of when Leaf fans started hating Sundin. I just can’t stand pacioretty despite his past goal scoring.

Well Patches and Sundin do have similarities. When the writing was on the wall and clearly the teams needed ro move on from the players, the fans wanted rhe players to sign onto a trade in order to maximize trade value.

Players can obviously do whatever the heck they want.

Ultimately Sundin didnt play ball and the Leafs got diddly squat while Patches did play ball and we hit the pay load.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
The trade has worked out better than anyone could have predicted, Tatar has met and exceeded all expectations and to top it off we got a good prospect in Suzuki and a 2nd round pick to boot .

I also think Pacioretty might fade into obscurity, he’s been trending down the last two seasons and his effort level on the ice has been pathetic. Looks completely disinterested.

Good riddance.

Phil Parent

Sorel, 'fant d'chienne!
Feb 4, 2005
Sorel-Tracy, Quebec
Some players need the hockey atmosphere to produce, they need that spotlight.

Tatar is one I'm sure. Kovalev was another. We have to find those guys.

My new theory on Pacioretty is that for whatever reason, he decided he no longer wanted to be the focus of attention and wanted to take things easy and he wasn't going to get away with that here. So he took the decision to join a market where the media isn't quite as ravenous and where hockey will soon be the 3rd most important sport at best. And yes, he did pick Vegas, as was said previously, he was traded to LA, he nixed it, he chose the desert.

He also got paid handsomely, guaranteed money.

At some point, the guy stopped giving a f***. I don't know when, where or why. But I'm happy he's gone and that trade is insane.

We still have an asset to get too! Maybe we make that pick, maybe we trade it!

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
What was the LA deal?

We don't know. The only thing the reports said was that there was a trade in place with the condition Max signs with LA.

Apparently it was time sensitive as 2018 picks were included in the deal. LA had the 20th overall and selected Rasmus Kupari. So Max would have to sign with LA by the draft. If there was a prospect included is something we didn't hear.

It was reported Max turned down LA's offer and the deal was off.

Reactions: CheldishGamibno

thewall

Jul 9, 2010
People here kewp saying we should trade Tatar at the dealine. Unless we get a top prospect like suzuki, no way i want the Habs to trade him now. He loves the city , plays well in this hockey market and he's got 2 more years with good contract.

Tatar is defenitly grittier then i expected. He's not the player I thought he was (Semin type).
Kudos to Bergevin and his staff for thr trade.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
People here kewp saying we should trade Tatar at the dealine. Unless we get a top prospect like suzuki, no way i want the Habs to trade him now. He loves the city , plays well in this hockey market and he's got 2 more years with good contract.

Tatar is defenitly grittier then i expected. He's not the player I thought he was (Semin type).
Kudos to Bergevin and his staff for thr trade.

Plus, in two years, Tatar will be 30 at the end of that season. He can be re-signed at that point and be worth it for another 4 years, maybe more. Tatar is an interesting complementary piece to have in the roster and is a long term asset. Of course, if he cn be flipped to a contender today for a solid return that can be equivalent for us in the medium term (and for much longer), that's a distinct possibility as well.

I look at Tatar like I look at Petry. The length of term is interesting to a contender and MON is in an enviable position of eating half the Cap of either player for two years in order to amplify their worth in a trade. Either player should be able to net a 1st rounder, an 'A' prospect and a 'B' prospect, or an interesting combination of prospects near the NHL and picks.

Reactions: mariolemieux66

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Not too sure what the L.A. deal was but I do know that bergevin had a deal to trade pacioretty to the islanders for the 11th and 12th picks and then flip one or both to buffallo for o'reilly....... islanders backed out last minute

If that's true, I wonder what we could have gotten from the Islanders for Price or Weber.

11th, 12th, Beauvillier, plus one of their goalie prospects?

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Not too sure what the L.A. deal was but I do know that bergevin had a deal to trade pacioretty to the islanders for the 11th and 12th picks and then flip one or both to buffallo for o'reilly....... islanders backed out last minute
How do you know this? Can't see the Isles touching this one.

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
It's funny you mention this because I do know that Bergevin had a deal to trade Pacioretty to the Sabres for the 1st overall pick...... Sabres backed out last minute when they saw Dahlin was still available.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
It's funny you mention this because I do know that Bergevin had a deal to trade Pacioretty to the Sabres for the 1st overall pick...... Sabres backed out last minute when they saw Dahlin was still available.
I don't follow. The Sabers had the 1st overall. What would make them think there was a possibility that Dahlin wouldn't be available? Dahlin was always available to the Sabers. Unless you're using stealth sarcasm.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
I don't follow. The Sabres had the 1st overall. What would make them think there was a possibility that Dahlin wouldn't be available? Dahlin was always available to the Sabres. Unless you're using stealth sarcasm.
I believe it is sarcasm.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
Well Patches and Sundin do have similarities. When the writing was on the wall and clearly the teams needed ro move on from the players, the fans wanted rhe players to sign onto a trade in order to maximize trade value.

Players can obviously do whatever the heck they want.

Ultimately Sundin didnt play ball and the Leafs got diddly squat while Patches did play ball and we hit the pay load.

I'm not sure if I'd give any credit to Pacioretty for "playing ball" when all that means is him understanding that he he won't get a 7X7M deal on the open market and he better get the 4x7M right now that's on the table playing for Gallant+LV. Nope, Pacioretty did what was best for him, and deserves no gratitude from habs fans whatsoever for that.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Hey even a broken clock is right twice a day so Bergevin got lucky on this one, especially since this was not the original deal if the LA one supposedly was.
I have liked Tatar so far, I liked him in Detroit also. Will be interesting to see if he remains at this 60 pt pace or fall back to his career average.

Censored Toad

Most Records Shattered as GM of the Habs!
Aug 8, 2016
What.The.Hell.

Dont you know its what have you done for me lately..???? I mean forgot all those other moves..... Bergie is da man.

With that said, Yes Bergie did good getting rid of max. I feel that just not having him here to sulk and eat up stupid money (new contract) is already a win personally.
Getting the prospect and a revamped Tatar is great and Marc /(Timmins) deserves praise no doubt.

Now for the unpopular opinion here..... TRADE EM... Nothing against him but sell while is value is sky high. New team breathes new life quite often, but that bump drops the following year.

Given his great play he could

Get that first round pick or that budding D man we need.

Simply put, I want a cup and not to be a pretender. Sell high for once!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad