Recalled/Assigned: Tomas Tatar and Petr Mrazek recalled, Tom McCollum to GR

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
I won't mind if Tats is traded provided its a good trade but man I'd feel bad for the kid. Ever since he was a kid he has wanted to be a Red Wing and he's worked so hard and is so close to finally making it. After watching that prospect camp YT video on him and seeing how happy and excited he was to be with Detroit it would just be awful to see him moved.

Eh, at least with another organization he'd be given a spot in the NHL. I'm pretty sure in Detroit he'd spend at least another full season in the A before being brought up to Detroit because he'd be out of options. If Gus ain't playing in the NHL right now it's hard to see Tatar on the team next season.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
I don't like the idea of Cleary and Bert playing together, especially not with Abdelkader centering them..

last_sd

Jun 9, 2007
Tatar also practicing on the 2nd PP unit

From Khan

I like this. No more Cleary on PP.

I don't like the idea of Cleary and Bert playing together, especially not with Abdelkader centering them..

Yeah. That line will get pinned down in our zone all day.

Have to move either Flip or Tatar to 3rd line. If Babcock insist on Cleary being 3rd line winger.

We could do Bert - Abs - Eaves/Miller than we should be fine.

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
Sounds alot like Cleary is benched, and Tatar is in.

Be happy all, KH is clearly on HFboards in disguise and listening to your suggestions!?

Aug 6, 2012
Yeah if he is being brought up because our bottom 6 is dreck then you'd expect him to be plugged into the bottom 6 to help generate some offense. Instead it appears Bert may be knocked down to the 3rd line. Bert has gotten off to a good start this season but it's in all likelihood due to playing on Pavs' wing. We'll have to wait and see if Tatar actually plays and then - based on where he plays - let the rampant speculation get started. :D

I honestly don't mind Bert on Pavs' wing as long as Flip is the other winger.

If Tats is playing in the top six or on the second PP unit then I don't think its crazy to believe they're showcasing him. Because normally Gus would be recalled.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
Sounds alot like Cleary is benched, and Tatar is in.

Be happy all, KH is clearly on HFboards in disguise and listening to your suggestions!?

If you've watched out 2nd PP unit it is blatantly obvious our bottom 6 has no offensive skill at all. I'm just happy they're apparently doing something about it now; earlier Ken Holland was quoted as saying they were going to wait 20 games - nearly half the season! - to see how things went. :facepalm:

Given Babcock's role in scouting and acquiring Brunner I wonder what role he might have had in pushing to get some offensive talent in our bottom 6. My guess is he's been in Holland's ear every chance he gets. :handclap:

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
The fact Tatar is playing with Datsyuk and is on the PP, makes me think this is a showcase.

Cleary-Abby-Bert is a :facepalm: waiting to happen.

Perhaps someone is nursing an injury so they are not skating and Tatar is simply filling their spot? Hasn't Fil been sitting out practices with a minor knee ailment?

That Cleary Abby Bert line is gonna the the West Coast Express part 2! :sarcasm:

TatarTangle

Sep 28, 2011
Detroit
As much as I want to see Tatar a Red Wing I hope they trade him. I will automatically be following whatever team he's playing for as well. I've been wanting to see this kid play puck for a long time. He'll be back in GR after one game.

JPE123

Jan 23, 2013
I've been a supporter of Eaves and giving him a pass since he was out for over a year but we need to shake things up. The bottom six is not getting it done. Maybe Tatar will bring a spark.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
I hope Mrazek starts against the Oilers. There's like nothing new for him. He has already dominated against those guys (RNH, Hall, Eberle, J.Schultz, Lander, Pääjärvi & Hartikainen) this season at Oklahoma games. :nod:

RedWingsNow*

Amen. Cleary-Helm-Bert were awful last year. I fail to see how getting slower makes it better.

RedWingsNow*

A couple years ago Babcock put Hudler on Datsyuk's line with Cleary. The line played very, very well.
A couple days after the trade deadline, Babcock dismantled the line.
Coincidence? I think not.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Yeah, that could have been something like they tried to shop those players, and now this show-up for Tatar is also a speculated shopping-move.

I don't think this Tatar-case is anything like that. They just want give him a shot for now.

But that Hudler&Cleary -case possibly could had been a shopping move. Babcock really wanted to get rid of Huds.

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
Yeah, that could have been something like they tried to shop those players, and now this show-up for Tatar is also a speculated shopping-move.

I don't think this Tatar-case is anything like that. They just want give him a shot for now.

But that Hudler&Cleary -case possibly could had been a shopping move. Babcock really wanted to get rid of Huds.

Maybe i missed it, but is there any kind of official reference to KH or Babcock that states they were fed up with or shopping Hudler before they let him walk??

I always assumed it was because he walked to the KHL that one year, just left a bad taste in the organization's mouth.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad