Injury Report: Tomas Plekanec

That

Aug 25, 2012
Toronto
Sucks to hear, he was tearing up the Czech league. Hopefully he has a quick recovery.

He was -15 this year. That's the lowest he's ever been. If you want to use something that's as useless as +/-, then what does the +18 over his career mean?

But you know who was -20? Eric Staal. Guess he sucks too.

EDIT: beaten by Impossible Glory.

I give you Plekanec and i'll take Staal. Anyday.

Who says I'd take Plekanec over Staal? It's Staal rather easily. The point is using +/- is useless and I'd like you to explain what his +18 means since you put so much stock into it.

Undertakerqc

Dec 24, 2011
Me too. That's not the point. We're just saying that if you say that Pleks makes us weaker only because of his -15, Staal has the same effect, or even worse, because of his -20. According to your logic, anyway.

Plekanec makes us weak because he is smaal, soft, bad defensively and average offensively, and takes up 5 millions in yearly salary.

Roulin

Mar 21, 2007
Montreal
Eric Staal is not very good defensively, much much better offensively then Plekanec and not soft like Plekanec. And btw he won a cup.

...did that somehow get turned around halfway through your post, that you thought folks were arguing against Staal being a good player?

It just so happens that both Plekanec and Staal had bad puck luck at evens last season - .897 on ice 5v5 sv% for Staal, .903 for Plekanec - resulting in ugly +/-, a stat that relies heavily on teammates and circumstance. Both players get the puck to the right end of the ice despite being put in tough situations by their coaches.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Plekanec makes us weak because he is smaal, soft, bad defensively and average offensively, and takes up 5 millions in yearly salary.

Bad defense PLek?..lol your way off base...

Just for your own info,look up how many mins he spent on the Pk last year

Hope Of Glory

May 24, 2009
North Shore

Soft? Not really. He is clearly not physical, but he is not soft. He's not affraid to go in the corners and battle for the puck. As far as I'm concerned, it's enough for him. It would surely be better if he had a hitting game but with his talent, we only have to find a good complementary winger that hits.

Bad defensively? Well, I guess we had the 2nd best PK unit in the entire NHL last year by luck. I mean, he was our main forward PKer. To achieve that with him playing that much in those situations, we must have been incredibly lucky... :help:

Undertakerqc

Dec 24, 2011
Bad defense PLek?..lol your way off base...

Just for your own info,look up how many mins he spent on the Pk last year

I give you that he is ok on the PK but 5 on 5 he is terrible. He does not make his winger better has well like good centers do. No wonder all winger last year wanted to play with DD.

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
I give you that he is ok on the PK but 5 on 5 he is terrible. He does not make his winger better has well like good centers do. No wonder all winger last year wanted to play with DD.

:laugh:

No way you're serious about this.

Terrible on 5 on 5?
Bad defensively?
Doesn't make his wingers better?

Oh yeah.. he never wears turtleneck too!

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011

He plays both ends,and is fast. He has great offensive ability,and what has always made me mad is how come playoffs he gets a shut dosn role on other teams top guys....id love to see some of the defensive assignment taken away ,and open up his offensive side more....

Anyway,best 2 way player habs had in ages...

When he leaves montreal,he will have more points than Saku....

Again,plek is most under appreicated hab

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
bad defensively :biglaugh:

oh my god.. and I thought the snow storm was the worst thing I saw today lol

Undertakerqc

Dec 24, 2011
He plays both ends,and is fast. He has great offensive ability,and what has always made me mad is how come playoffs he gets a shut dosn role on other teams top guys....id love to see some of the defenskve assignment taken away frp, him and open jp his offensive side more....

Anyway,best 2 way player have had in ages...

When he leaves montreal,he will have more points than Saku....

Again,plek is most under appreicated hab

We will miss him has much as we miss Andrei Kostitsyn... :naughty:

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
We will miss him has much as we miss Andrei Kostitsyn... :naughty:

Just a question for you. Game 7, one goal lead, 1 min left, which center do you use to close the game?

Hint: the correct answer is Plekanec.

So, who do you chose?

Undertakerqc

Dec 24, 2011
I know right.

I had to take patofQC out of my IL just to get some excitement and boy did he not disappoint.

Glad i could bring some life to this board during this suck ass lockout!!! Nothing better then a good lively discussion about hockey!!! :handclap:

Undertakerqc

Dec 24, 2011
Just a question for you. Game 7, one goal lead, 1 min left, which center do you use to close the game?

Hint: the correct answer is Plekanec.

So, who do you chose?

Right now no one on the Habs, how many game did we lose last year in such a situation. How many last minute goal did we allow with Plekanec on the ice? Many!

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
Right now no one on the Habs, how many game did we lose last year in such a situation. How many last minute goal did we allow with Plekanec on the ice? Many!

I don't think no one will make you change your mind about Plekanec. :laugh:

I don't know if you watch the re-runs of 09-10 playoffs on RDS, you would have notice how great Plekanec was defensively, 5 on 5 and made his linemates better.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011

Plek avg 3.13 seconds on the penealty kill every game last year......again PLek plays both ends very well a dangerous offensive threat that I wish habs would use more in a offensive role...

Undertakerqc

Dec 24, 2011
I don't think no one will make you change your mind about Plekanec. :laugh:

I don't know if you watch the re-runs of 09-10 playoffs on RDS, you would have notice how great Plekanec was defensively, 5 on 5 and made his linemates better.

When i think of that playoff run the first name that come to my mind is Halak, then Cammaleri, Pk Subban, Gorges and Gill. Then Gionta. Plekanec is way down on the list.

Undertakerqc

Dec 24, 2011
You do remember he shut down Malkin, Crosby, Ovechkin , Semin and Backstrom, right?

Actually Halak, Gill, Gorges and PK shut them down, not Plekanec. Remember how PK bounced Crosby aroung right? And how Halak Gorges and Gill blocked tons of shots. Nowadays, defenseman pairing against top line is how you shot down enemy lines.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad