Injury Report: Tomas Plekanec

dcyhabs

May 30, 2008
Montreal
If they plan to win they should bring Kostitsyn back. The Bourque trade is looking bad unless you include Gally. The Gill trade is pretty much Gill for Thrower at this point, I think?

Looks like Gomez and/or Kaberle will be bought out depending on the new CBA.

Plekanec is likely out for the first month of a condensed season. We'll see how Markov holds up with that many games.

I'd leave Galchenyuk in the minors, re-sign Darche, and use Eller on the second line. Wait and see if the team is competitive with the new 3rd/4th lines and more experienced defence. I'd try to sign Kostitsyn one year if they don't look bad. If they look good call up Galchenyuk.

Hmm, wrong thread.

Last edited:

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
If they plan to win they should bring Kostitsyn back. The Bourque trade is looking bad unless you include Gally. The Gill trade is pretty much Gill for Thrower at this point, I think?

Looks like Gomez and/or Kaberle will be bought out depending on the new CBA.

Plekanec is likely out for the first month of a condensed season. We'll see how Markov holds up with that many games.

I'd leave Galchenyuk in the minors, re-sign Darche, and use Eller on the second line. Wait and see if the team is competitive with the new 3rd/4th lines and more experienced defence. I'd try to sign Kostitsyn one year if they don't look bad. If they look good call up Galchenyuk.

Hmm, wrong thread.

First, not sure where you get that Plekanec is "likely out" for any period of time, he was checked out at the hospital and nothing found. If he was to miss 2 weeks, he'd miss NO NHL games.

Second, we can't sign Kostitsyn, he has a KHL contract for this year...not just a lock out contract but a regular one. He signed KHL before the lock out.

Third, Galchenyuk can't paly in the minors as he is 18, so it's OHL or NHL. I hope he stays OHL but he can play nHL and contribute right now, I just think it would be best for his development to finish the year oHL and make the jump at 19.

Fourth, I don't see how the Bourque trade looks bad, cammy has a huge contract and the cap is dropping, even with a late resurgence in Calgary he isn't worth anywhere near a 6 mil cap hit in the new CBA. With any kind of bounce back bourque will be worth his cap hit. PLUS we got a good prospect and a 2nd rounder. Great deal for us.

dcyhabs

May 30, 2008
Montreal
First, not sure where you get that Plekanec is "likely out" for any period of time, he was checked out at the hospital and nothing found. If he was to miss 2 weeks, he'd miss NO NHL games.

Second, we can't sign Kostitsyn, he has a KHL contract for this year...not just a lock out contract but a regular one. He signed KHL before the lock out.

Third, Galchenyuk can't paly in the minors as he is 18, so it's OHL or NHL. I hope he stays OHL but he can play nHL and contribute right now, I just think it would be best for his development to finish the year oHL and make the jump at 19.

Fourth, I don't see how the Bourque trade looks bad, cammy has a huge contract and the cap is dropping, even with a late resurgence in Calgary he isn't worth anywhere near a 6 mil cap hit in the new CBA. With any kind of bounce back bourque will be worth his cap hit. PLUS we got a good prospect and a 2nd rounder. Great deal for us.
You have better news than I have, glad to hear Plekanec is OK.

Too late now then. I think they should have made him an offer. I thought AK was generally good, just didn't avoid hits well. I suspect he played half his career concussed. He got seriously hammered every game or two. Every time he'd get a streak going he'd get creamed and slow down for a few games.

Bad choice of words on my part. 9 games max unless it looks like they have a chance to do some damage in the playoffs.

Geoffrion may be out for good following his hit. I really hope Bourque will bounce back but I don't expect it until he gets to the last year of his contract. No more long term deals for him. Cammeleri had one bad year in what was a crappy year for the team. I hope the deal looks better a couple of years from now but I'm not counting on it.

If Plekanec and Markov are healthy and productive it could be a good year for the team. If not the draft is pretty deep and any top ten pick is likely to be good. If Plekanec is out the habs may have a chance at Seth Jones. Definitely better to play the season than pick a ball for draft placement.

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
Hey guys, Flyers fan coming in peace. Just to give a short info on Pleks' injury:

It's been reported by Czech sources that Plekanec has been suffering from unspecified muscle injury for the last ~10 days. Plekanec himself was quoted "he doesn't believe he would make it to the camp but the injury itself isn't serious. He's 100 percent sure about that." He wants to rest for the next 4/5 days, 7 at most. (In this case he would probably make it to the camp but he said he believes the camps would start earlier.. Who knows)

Yay for hockey being back, looking forward to Philly-Montreal games! Best of luck to you in the shorthened season

HatTricK09

Jun 23, 2012
Hey guys, Flyers fan coming in peace. Just to give a short info on Pleks' injury:

It's been reported by Czech sources that Plekanec has been suffering from unspecified muscle injury for the last ~10 days. Plekanec himself was quoted "he doesn't believe he would make it to the camp but the injury itself isn't serious. He's 100 percent sure about that." He wants to rest for the next 4/5 days, 7 at most. (In this case he would probably make it to the camp but he said he believes the camps would start earlier.. Who knows)

Yay for hockey being back, looking forward to Philly-Montreal games! Best of luck to you in the shorthened season

Thanks for the info, and best of luck to Flyers too!
Can't wait to watch our Habs play again.

Saintpatrick*

Well that's good news best of luck to the Flyers too :yo:

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
No team that I can think of have ever actually tanked.

Teams don't tank. Players will never work lazy or anything because management tells them to.

However, management will purposely play bad lines, bench good players, send good players down when they could be up, not recall players down who could be up and especially trade all good assets around the deadline so the team is in the worst position to win a game. This does happen and has happened since the dawn of the draft and trade deadlines.

Price would have played through an injury if Montreal had a chance to make the playoffs last season. Instead, he immediately sat in favour of Budaj. This would be considered "tanking" in the modern term of the word. Even though for all intents and purposes, they were being cautious with their most important player. Playing Bourque on the left wing when he's a natural right winger, even when Gionta is injured? That could be considered tanking since it's purposely playing to a players weakness.

There's other examples out there. Again, even the Ottawa Senators who were so bad they got accused of tanking in the mid 90s so the NHL instituted the lottery, not a single player (as far as I know) has come out and said they were told not to try or were expected to play it easy because the team was gunning for a high draft pick.

Joe Cole

Jun 17, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
I'd leave Galchenyuk in the minors, re-sign Darche, and use Eller on the second line.

Regarding Darche, we disagree on this. I think he did a good job, and is an honest player, but believe you have to look at his role in terms of what else the Habs have on the roster. On the 3rd line, he just does not have the scoring touch required. On the 4th line, he is not physical enough.

If he satisfies your need in those roles, I believe you are building a non-contending team.

I like the guy, but he does not bring an element that you need on this team.

Regarding Eller on the second line, I think he really looked out of place on the wing, and if there is one thing the Habs have lacked in since Damphousse, it is size at center. If Eller is not good enough to play center on this roster, then you have declared him a failure at center, and the experiment is over, but the priority remains to find the top 2 center with size.

Eller becomes either an afterthought on the wing, or an asset to attain what you need.

Have a plan, and always keep building towards it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad