Injury Report: Tomas Plekanec

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
Actually Halak, Gill, Gorges and PK shut them down, not Plekanec. Remember how PK bounced Crosby aroung right?

The fact that Plek was on the ice against the Caps' and Pens' studs all the time didn't matter you think? Or no, let me guess, it would've been better if it would've been Gomez on the ice.

Think I gotcha.

Undertakerqc

Dec 24, 2011
The fact that Plek was on the ice against the Caps' and Pens' studs all the time didn't matter you think? Or no, let me guess, it would've been better if it would've been Gomez on the ice.

Think I gotcha.

All these teams had 2 top lines, and Plekanec was not on all the time against those lines. So it was the same when Gomez or Moore was on.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
The fact that Plek was on the ice against the Caps' and Pens' studs all the time didn't matter you think? Or no, let me guess, it would've been better if it would've been Gomez on the ice.PO

Think I gotcha.

Lol ,
The mods might need to change this thread title to {patofqc cracked his head}

Undiagnosed concussions can be dangerous

Undertakerqc

Dec 24, 2011
Why are you guys quoting Patofqc? Ignore list is a wonderful thing and you all are ruining it. :(

Yeah block anyone who as a contrary opinion to yours, this will make your discussions much more fun. We should all have the same opinion, it would make for a better world!! :laugh:

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
I see many people have changed their minds on tanking since I was nearly universally panned for suggesting it in the surgical tanking thread last summer.

It must be the shock and awe of seeing how good Galchenyuk is, of how good it might be to draft high.

You play to win the game.

FF de Mars

Mar 2, 2002
42 rue Fontaine
Hey Patof, Joe Sakic was a generational talent. It's not turtleneck's fault he doesn't have his vision and IQ. It doesn't make Plekanec a bad top 6 player.

Last edited:

K2MyEverest

Nov 27, 2010
Montreal
Anyway about that plus minus thing... we all know that it matters if your in the + on a sucky team, like Subban and Gorges last year or if your in the minus on a really good team... + it's more important to look at it with defense players.

Over the years, some players had something like +30 but there's a lot of factors that comes into play. Linemates? What his role on the ice?

It's all about even play, that doesn't count with special teams... Montreal didn't score a lot of goals at even play last year

So for patofqc... When you think that Montreal sucked big time for scoring goals last year... and you add it to the fact than Plekanec was used a lot of time against the best offensive lines where his role was often to shut them down and he had crappy linemates all year long... it tends to give you some bad +/-.

Plekanec have a positive +/- over his career... give the guy a break.

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
Yeah block anyone who as a contrary opinion to yours, this will make your discussions much more fun. We should all have the same opinion, it would make for a better world!! :laugh:

Opinion can't be wrong, except yours on Plekanec.

You're just trying to seek attention, or just don't understand the game, or hate Plekanec. What you said about Plekanec is just plain wrong on all levels. When everybody disagree with you, maybe you might reconsider your "opinion", unless you want to feel special to get all this attention on you.

Mike8

Jun 24, 2002
Visit site

Differing opinions are nice, so long as the opinions are educated and substantiated.

Rexor

Oct 24, 2006
Brno
It's not cracked ribs. According to Kladno's assistant coach, Plekanec was feeling very weak and dizzy, possibly due to a virosis. No update yet.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/TheFourthPeriod/status/284457186166448128

David Pagnotta ‏@TheFourthPeriod
MTL's Tomas Plekanec appears to have cracked his ribs in Kladno's game tonight vs Trinec. He was taken to the hospital for further testing.

Probably a month needed to recover from that.

So if the lockout ends, either Gally is our #2 center...or the tank begins to roll with Gomez as one of our top 3 centers (lol).

Cracked ribs isn't a month injury, NFL players play with it all the time and football is much more physical than hockey. The earliest an NHL game would be played is in like 17 days, so I doubt he would miss much time if any.

Best case scenario is a good week of negotiations and a deal next Friday, then 10 days for camp/exhibition.

Last edited:

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
All these teams had 2 top lines, and Plekanec was not on all the time against those lines. So it was the same when Gomez or Moore was on.

They had mostly one line with a superstar on it and their best players were on the top PP. But don't let the facts get in the way of your smear campaign.:shakehead

Fire Everyone

Especially you
May 17, 2006

The Nordiques are gone and aren't coming back any time soon. Get over it.

There isn't a team in the league that wouldn't be made better by having Plekanec on their roster.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad