Injury Report: Tomas Plekanec

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
https://twitter.com/TheFourthPeriod/status/284457186166448128

David Pagnotta ‏@TheFourthPeriod
MTL's Tomas Plekanec appears to have cracked his ribs in Kladno's game tonight vs Trinec. He was taken to the hospital for further testing.

Probably a month needed to recover from that.

So if the lockout ends, either Gally is our #2 center...or the tank begins to roll with Gomez as one of our top 3 centers (lol).

EDIT: Seems like it's nothing serious, merely a few day injury.

Last edited:

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Knowing the habs luck, Plekanec will miss 3-4 months and the lockout will end.

At this point, I don't care if 3/4 of the team gets injured and we finish dead last. Following the NHL as a whole is something I'll be much happy with.
Plus, I have no problem finishing last in a season with 40ish games this year. If that were to happen with the deep draft and us having 4 picks in first two rounds (I believe), I'd be very happy.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
If there's a season and we play without Plekanec, we'll be hearing the followinf on HFboards the next summer:

"Habs are not a real 14th place team. The only reason we came in 14th is because of a freak injury to our best forward. Next year we're back in the playoffs for sure."

Best wishes to Plekanec for a speedy recovery.

Apr 3, 2010
Halifax
Sucks for Tomas but in regards to the Habs this has a couple silver linings regarding Eller, Galchenyuk and the draft if there is a season.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Pacioretty - Desharnais - Cole
Bourque - Eller - Gionta
Prust - Gomez - Armstrong
Moen - Nokelainen - White

Hopefully the lockout ends and the Habs can get the pick they deserve.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Would definitely be put up or shut up time for Eller in terms of offence.

Would be important to know how many ribs are cracked/broken? Hopefully some info filters through.

RC51

Dec 10, 2005
mtl
Good news for us to get another top 5 pick

you know I agree with you. 2013 is a very deep draft. The habs already have 1 first and 3 second rounders. If the league starts up with a 48 game season the habs can dump a few players for some high draft picks, then go to the draft loaded for bear in a great deep draft for the sake of 1/2 a year then I sure would be willing to wait for next year to see some fresh faces.

Danleri

Dec 5, 2012
you know I agree with you. 2013 is a very deep draft. The habs already have 1 first and 3 second rounders. If the league starts up with a 48 game season the habs can dump a few players for some high draft picks, then go to the draft loaded for bear in a great deep draft for the sake of 1/2 a year then I sure would be willing to wait for next year to see some fresh faces.
Tanking a shorten season to get another top prospect to compliment Galchenyuk is the best option for the Habs right now. It'll suck for 48 games, but will pay off rather quickly after.

WatchfulElm

Former "Domi a favor"
Jan 31, 2007
Rive-Sud
Bourque - Eller - Gionta
Prust - Gomez - Armstrong
Moen - Nokelainen - White

Hopefully the lockout ends and the Habs can get the pick they deserve.

And so for next year...?

Drouin - Plekanec - Gionta
Leblanc - Galchenyuk - Gallagher
Moen - Eller - Prust

White

RC51

Dec 10, 2005
mtl
Tanking a shorten season to get another top prospect to compliment Galchenyuk is the best option for the Habs right now. It'll suck for 48 games, but will pay off rather quickly after.

like I said, I agree, it would be the fastest rebuild in habs history.
Last year Timmons did a great job, let Timmons go at it again with like I said 1 plus 3X2nds and maybe some extra picks due to some dump trading and all in a great deep draft year and the entire stock of prospects goes through the roof.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
I see many people have changed their minds on tanking since I was nearly universally panned for suggesting it in the surgical tanking thread last summer.

It must be the shock and awe of seeing how good Galchenyuk is, of how good it might be to draft high.

Roulin

Mar 21, 2007
Montreal
Sheeeeet, get well soon TP. He's been incredibly durable throughout his career, hopefully this is just a flukey blip on the screen.

I see many people have changed their minds on tanking since I was nearly universally panned for suggesting it in the surgical tanking thread last summer.

It must be the shock and awe of seeing how good Galchenyuk is, of how good it might be to draft high.

I'm still very against tanking. I'm also skeptical about the concept of "surgical tanking" - has any team actually done this? Any tanking I can think of is sloppy and unintentional.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil

I think the fact that it would be a bizarre & unconventional season with only 50 games over 4 months at most makes it easier to adopt that line of thinking. Tougher sell if you are looking at 82 games and 6 months of it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad