Tom Wilson with a pretty aggressive high stick (suspended 6 games)

Shocker

Dec 20, 2019
I'd have started with double digits, but it's the NHL so it was kinda expected.

Would laugh my ass off if NHLPA appealed this, those f***ing :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: seem powerhungry as f*** nowadays.

pcruz

Mar 7, 2013
Vaughan
This will only end when the NHLPA becomes ok with the league penalizing players like this drastically. Until then this crap is going to keep continuing.

The on-ice officials reviewed the play that was deemed so egregious the player got suspended 6 games for, and determined he didn't even deserve to get kicked out of the current game he was playing.

The problem is as much on the refs as it is on the league as a whole.

I'm still dumbfounded as to how anyone can review that play and determine it was simply a high stick penalty (2 of which was mandatory because it directly led to a player injury).

New User Name

Jan 2, 2008
The unfortunate thing for Caps fans is Wilson is a good hockey player.

Like a many others in society he has problems with controlling his temper.

I wonder how he behaves off the ice.

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
I'm a huge Wilson fan/defender, but that was pretty egregious. Most of his stuff is hitting to hard that people call dirty, but this was a flat out dumbass move. Not surprised at the suspension.

To my fellow Leafs fans in the early pages of this thread, can we cut the woe is me loser victim mindset?

Reactions: swiftwin and Crow

Demandedace

Apr 9, 2015
A truly impartial and unbiased opinion. And so close to what the DoPS actually ruled.
Oh cry me a river with your pearl clutching. Six games is a lot more than a 2min brush off, and he deserved those six games.

Il Stugotz

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2008
44 miles from Chicago
Seems fair. I really think every player gets suspended for that, but Wilson has the long history. Keith got 6 for a similar high stick.

If he broke Gregor’s jaw or knocked him out I think then you’d be talking double digits

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
Probably should be more considering history but it is something. Well earned by Wilson. Will his teammates protest openly in his defense, advocating for his headshots once again?

geebster

Sponsor
Oct 26, 2019
Totally reasonable. Hopefully they ramp suspensions though, next time he does something like this dont give the standard repeat offender increase, scale it up more. Straight up not a hockey play and I dont care if he cried after and said sowwy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad